Constellation 5 Day January 24 2015 Review

JimHam4

Jim,

Thanks so much for your review. I enjoyed it immensely. You have a good photographic eye! I appreciated your insights and opinions. The Blu menus were a good touch. We're cruising Connie next February out of FLL in AQ. Never been on her so your posts were very helpful. Thankx.

it appears as if your experience on Celebrity is cruising on a M class ship. Your next cruise on the S class will be really nice.

The Persian Gardens is much nicer and with I dividual loungers and not a bench so it should be quiter even though you will have the inconsiderates that don't see or read the sign requesting no talking.

The S class also has larger balconies with foot stools in AQ.

Both class ships have their own personalities and features but personally I prefer the S class.

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I am considering booking AQ for the Constellation next March.

Please let me know if the wine by the glass menu in Blu is similar to the MDR.

Specifically, is there the same or similar selection of wines by the glass that fall under the classic beverage plan ($9) as the MDR. Thanks.

it appears as if your experience on Celebrity is cruising on a M class ship. Your next cruise on the S class will be really nice.

The Persian Gardens is much nicer and with I dividual loungers and not a bench so it should be quiter even though you will have the inconsiderates that don't see or read the sign requesting no talking.

Both class ships have their own personalities and features but personally I prefer the S class.

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I agree with you! While we love the M class Summit to Bermuda in the Summer- we definately prefer the S class ships! The Silhouette, the Reflection and the Eclipse our favorites.

Thank you Jimham4 for a very thorough review. I really enjoyed it. We are traveling on the Connie for the first time March 30. We enjoyed the Summit last year, this same time, our first time on Celebrity. We've enjoyed RCCL, Carnival and Norwegian, but I think we enjoyed our Celebrity cruise last year the most out of them all. Just a mention regarding upgrading to the Premium drink package: I was with a group of 3 couples, all having the Classic package, none of us felt the need to upgrade to Premium, and there was always a variety of drinks for us to choose. The worst problem was the shortage of limes at that time; just can't make a good mojito without limes, and a Corona is not a Corona with a lemon in it! We all are fortunate to have the Classic package again on our upcoming cruise and I plan to enjoy every minute!;)

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Thanks everyone for your support, enjoy trying to give back to these boards since they've been such a help to us in our planning.

Looking forward to the S class and all that it brings. Am curious to see the balcony, we had AQ aft facing on the Connie which is a pretty big balcony (two chairs, two footstools, and two tables). We are AQ aft facing on the Solstice too, the diagrams don't make the balcony look as large so we'll see how it goes.

Persian Gardens on the Solstice look very nice, but I actually enjoyed the "dark, dungeon-like" gardens on the Connie (a description I read in another review) so we'll see.

I generally like smaller boats but since we'll be on the Getaway in the meantime I'm sure I'll be used to it.

I am considering booking AQ for the Constellation next March.

Please let me know if the wine by the glass menu in Blu is similar to the MDR.

Specifically, is there the same or similar selection of wines by the glass that fall under the classic beverage plan ($9) as the MDR. Thanks.

I can't say for certain but I would guess the wine selection is exactly the same. I never looked at a menu, just asked the sommelier for his recommendations.

Thank you Jimham4 for a very thorough review. I really enjoyed it. We are traveling on the Connie for the first time March 30. We enjoyed the Summit last year, this same time, our first time on Celebrity. We've enjoyed RCCL, Carnival and Norwegian, but I think we enjoyed our Celebrity cruise last year the most out of them all. Just a mention regarding upgrading to the Premium drink package: I was with a group of 3 couples, all having the Classic package, none of us felt the need to upgrade to Premium, and there was always a variety of drinks for us to choose. The worst problem was the shortage of limes at that time; just can't make a good mojito without limes, and a Corona is not a Corona with a lemon in it! We all are fortunate to have the Classic package again on our upcoming cruise and I plan to enjoy every minute!;)

I agree Corona with lemon is a crime! I would've been perfectly happy with the classic package but for the small amount to upgrade from the promo it was worth it. Enjoy your cruise and drink some Crown Royal (classic package) for me.

Hi, This will be my first cruise on Celebrity. I am going with a group of women on the Constellation (Concierge class with 123 go special)on March 16th and need to find out if the cabin doors are magnetic or not. We always bring magnetic door signs but a few recent cruises on different lines did not have metal doors. :mad::confused::confused:

TIA

I never heard of cabin doors that weren't magnetic! I'm gonna follow this post, lol.

I hadnt either but on 2 different ships;1 on RCCL, cant remember which ship (and every other RCCL ships Ive been on had metal doors):confused: and more recently on the Carnival Inspiration. :eek:

They both had cloth covered doors which prevented the magnets from holding.

I hadnt either but on 2 different ships;1 on RCCL, cant remember which ship (and every other RCCL ships Ive been on had metal doors):confused: and more recently on the Carnival Inspiration. :eek:

They both had cloth covered doors which prevented the magnets from holding.

Sorry, didn't test the doors to see if they would hold a magnet. They appear metal and there wasn't any kind of covering on them. I seem to recall the doors on the penthouse deck looked a little different but I think they were still metal.

Sorry, didn't test the doors to see if they would hold a magnet. They appear metal and there wasn't any kind of covering on them. I seem to recall the doors on the penthouse deck looked a little different but I think they were still metal.

I appreciate your information. I'm hoping for the best. :)

I appreciate your information. I'm hoping for the best. :)

I have heard that ships have been doing something to make the magnets not work. It seems that in some cases it causes scrapes or blemishes on the doors and makes for more work during turnaround. Same with tape for non-metal doors....