question about past guest party

When you get the invitation is it for only you or you and a guest? Also...do kids get invitation also?

What does the past guest party consist of??

There is no past guest party any longer. There is a party for people who have a gold status or higher. Each person who is gold or higher receives their own invitation. Gold status is 25 sailing days or more.

There is no set date for this gold level and above party.

Each ship can decide when to have it and it can vary from one sailing to another. Each person who has reached the gold level or above will get an invitation left in their stateroom. It is not supposed to be for your extra guests but it is a perk for those who have sailed enough to be at the gold or above level which means at least 25days on board a Carnival ship.

During my gf's first cruise, I took her and no one said anything about it. The party will consist of waiters walking around with drinks and hors d'oeuvres. There will usually be some officers talking and maybe a video shown with all the ships. The band will play and everyone will be invited to dance. The drinks are free, by the way.

Smoething like that.

There is no set date for this gold level and above party.

Each ship can decide when to have it and it can vary from one sailing to another. Each person who has reached the gold level or above will get an invitation left in their stateroom. It is not supposed to be for your extra guests but it is a perk for those who have sailed enough to be at the gold or above level which means at least 25days on board a Carnival ship.

I will be gold one cruise before my DH. Hopefully they won't mind if he tags along to keep me company, especially since he doesn't drink alcohol.

I should have clarified. Yes I am gold level. Does anyone know if the kids are invited or not? kinda sounds like an adult event in which case my kids are older and wouldnt want to be there anyway and i certainly would not want to have them come if its not meant for kids. They will be Gold level as well.

I will be gold one cruise before my DH. Hopefully they won't mind if he tags along to keep me company, especially since he doesn't drink alcohol.

Husband reached gold on the last cruise and I was still red. I went with him and had a drink. I have heard that some of our fellow cruisers frown on that but it's not against any Carnival rule that I'm aware of. Plus, it's a vacation with my husband...you think either one of us is going to a party without the other? I think everyone needs to lighten up.

At least this time I will have caught up so we can both get invited. :D

I should have clarified. Yes I am gold level. Does anyone know if the kids are invited or not? kinda sounds like an adult event in which case my kids are older and wouldnt want to be there anyway and i certainly would not want to have them come if its not meant for kids. They will be Gold level as well.

I'll be honest, it was kind of boring even for adults (not much for entertainment) but we go for the free drinks! I'm not sure if they'd enjoy it as the cruise director talked for a while, then they talked about the new things coming from Carnival and then a little dancing at your seat.

Also, to answer your other question, the invitation is there the night before the party with the fun times. I can't remember what day it was but I don't think it's listed in the fun times so you need to check the invite. Get there on time! We got there wayyy late thinking it was a come and go event and were barely able to get a drink, no food.

It shouldn't be a problem, you can just introduce him as your spouse at the door. But if you are worried about it, go to guest services and see about getting another invitation.

My husband, myself and my oldest child are all Gold status. My youngest is going on his first cruise. We will be bringing him with us to the party. We did the same when my oldest went on his first cruise, they don't mind. ;)

Knowing my kids they will probably rather go to Camp Carnival..so it may not even be an issue.

Our boys always get their own invitation, they went to one party and were bored so they left to do their own thing.

Our last cruise camp carnival was closed during the party and we had brought our 5 year old granddaughter with us, we werent sure if they would allow her in because that was her first cruise (we are gold). On our way down to the venue, we saw a gentleman wearing the white dress suit that the officers wear (he turned out to be the First Officer), we asked him if it would be ok to bring her, he said "absolutely" and said he was on his way there as well and walked with us.

Edited by kelly11

When you get the invitation is it for only you or you and a guest? Also...do kids get invitation also?

Each person who is Gold or higher (and it's no longer the Past Guest Party, it's the Gold/Plat/Diamond Party) receives an invitation with his/her name on it immaterial of age. If one receives an invitation, they are invited to the party. If one does not receive an invitation, they are not invited to the party.

Some free drinks and small finger food.

Husband reached gold on the last cruise and I was still red. I went with him and had a drink. I have heard that some of our fellow cruisers frown on that but it's not against any Carnival rule that I'm aware of. Plus, it's a vacation with my husband...you think either one of us is going to a party without the other? I think everyone needs to lighten up.

At least this time I will have caught up so we can both get invited. :D

Carnival wouldn't waste the time and money to print individual invitations if it wasn't against the rules. Each Gold member or higher receives an invitation.

• 1 month later...

Technically it is supposed to be (at this time) for gold level and higher members. Back in 2009, it was called the past guest party and I brought my mother along (her first Carnival cruise), and there was no problem for me bringing her in along with me.

I am not sure I would try that today, and I somehow think that on my most recent cruise last November, there was mention on the invitation that admittance would only be with an individual invitation. Not sure about the wording but that is what it implied.

The theater was so full! I am not sure if diamond level had their own party or not, but this one was platinum and gold at least, and was filled to the brim with people standing in the aisles, which made it difficult for the waiters to get around with drinks and food. Therefore I feel that today they might be a little more strict about who gets in without an individual invitation. Im sure that some do though, but I would hate to be embarrassed by being turned away if my travel companion was not yet included. Just my feeling about it.

Also not sure if there is one on less than 6 day cruises, or 5 day, not sure. sorry

Edited by SMSACE6

Yes, in answer to your question, the invite is addressed to the guest by name and there is no "and Guest" wording. It states Invitation is required.

Can you bully or embarrass your additional people in, probably but don't complain about the place being too crowded, being unable to get food or drink or when other status items are cut because costs are driven up by those who haven't earned the status.

Can you bully or embarrass your additional people in, probably but don't complain about the place being too crowded, being unable to get food or drink or when other status items are cut because costs are driven up by those who haven't earned the status.

Kind of like planning a party for 12 and suddenly having 24 people show up. Not enough room, drinks, or food.

Kind of like planning a party for 12 and suddenly having 24 people show up. Not enough room, drinks, or food.

This is why I am fearing that Carnival's next cut will be to limit the "party" to platinum and diamond. There are very many of both.

It will be a disappointment for me, because I have always enjoyed this albeit short party, but it will also not be unexpected. If I had a crystal ball, this would be my next prediction in Carnival cuts, and fit with the cut of the farewell party, among other things.

Last November, it was sooooooo full, jam packed with people standing in the aisle, and the waiters trying to get into serve the people seated, but it was a grab fest, and the waiters just had a hard time getting around. The theater was just too full, and made it difficult all around for everyone. So that is my next predicted Carnival cut. but I am still going to hang in for at least one more

Edited by SMSACE6