Pacific Coastal non-stop?

comcox

I'm considering a short Pacific Coast on the Grand Princess for March--LA to Vancouver without any stops in between. Has anyone done a non-stop Princess cruise before? What are they like and are there any differences from regular cruises with ports as far as on board activities or services?

We were on a 10 day Coastal last Fall. Whenever we have done this sort of thing in the past it took three days to come up the coast. This time they did it in two days and had the pedal to the metal the whole time and the weather wasn't great. Didn't affect us but bothered some people.

If they take three days the ship is steaming a bit slower during the day which makes it more pleasant on deck, but in this case as I said the weather wasn't great so nobody was wandering around on deck very much. Activities and services were what you would normally expect.

I've done this both ways. It's a lovely getaway. Very low key but the same activities. We had decent weather both times but go prepared. We even watched MUTS in the afternoon wrapped in blankets and towels. We still sat out on the balcony (but not as long as a warm weather cruise). If you want to relax a little I say go for it.

They're fun; typical sea-day activities (topside, piazza, lounges), no formal nights, usually pretty decent weather,menus are usually Sailaway/landfall and then either a formal night/Chefs/Italian or French, depending on the phase of the moon. This year I highly anticipate the 50th Anniversary menu on the repositioning Coastals, which I really enjoyed.

They're not long enough to be relaxing; they're a bit hectic so we've started heading to LA a few days early if client obligations permit.

We've done a couple of them and as stated it's short but very relaxing. We just love being on a ship. Same activities as the longer cruises. One year we stayed the night in Vancouver and then did a Alaska 4 day sampler on a different Princess ship. We love Vancouver so any reason to head north is fine with us. Airfare back to Los Angeles has not been bad. Also a great way to experience a mini suite or suite if you have not done one before.

This year I highly anticipate the 50th Anniversary menu on the repositioning Coastals, which I really enjoyed.

That menu was on the "dress to impress" evening on the 2nd day of our 3 day cruise from LA & if you haven't viewed it here's a link to a PDF version of it:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/50th-anniversary/50th-Anniversary-Menu.pdf

I'm heading out on the repostioning cruise from LA to Vancouver on March 19th. Should I look forward to that tasty menu? anyone know where I can find copies of other menu's?

What ship? If it's the Crown many of us have seen it available but I'm not aware if it's fleetwide but I'd think so.

Done 3 and 4 day coastals many times. It's a great, relaxing getaway. We do, however, prefer the Fall sailings (Vancouver to LA.) Weather is better in the fall and the trip is, generally, smoother. Northbound, in the spring, the weather is very "iffy" and you're fighting the prevailing current all the way up the coast. Can get pretty rough. We've also had late arrivals due to weather--up to 13 hours late (the day we were to be married in Vancouver, but that's another story!)