Conquest

buckeye12

Sorry price is not really an issue was looking towards captains suite but didn't know if it was totally worth it or should we just go a nice premium balcony or a different suite was looking for pics of captains suite but couldn't find any..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pixelate is correct we need to have that info before we can help you. I also need to know where your coming from, will you be driving to port or flying, etc.

Just wondering what difference it will make on a room preference if they drive or fly

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry price is not really an issue was looking towards captains suite but didn't know if it was totally worth it or should we just go a nice premium balcony or a different suite was looking for pics of captains suite but couldn't find any..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Captain's Suite or Owner's Suite (depending on the ship - CS in this situation) is the highest category. However, the only perk aside from the larger square footage would be priority boarding. If you want to be rewarded for staying in a suite, you may want to check out Norwegian which offers butler service and The Haven, as well as other cruise lines that offer a wide array of amenities, such as Princess.

If a suite is not something you want, many members here swear by aft wrap staterooms.

This is the Captain's Suite on the Carnival Liberty:

nrdSmXbTSSs

Edited by Pixelate

If it is just the two of you, with it be a honeymoon cruise, I am sure it will be... Then I say go for a premium balcony or spa balcony... The suites dont really give any perks other than a bigger room (which you might need if you had more than two traveling) and getting on quicker without all the lines at embarkation... ;)

If your anything like the hubby and I, we dont spend that much time in the room... So the extra price just isnt worth it for 2...

If it is just the two of you, with it be a honeymoon cruise, I am sure it will be... Then I say go for a premium balcony or spa balcony... The suites dont really give any perks other than a bigger room (which you might need if you had more than two traveling) and getting on quicker without all the lines at embarkation... ;)

If your anything like the hubby and I, we dont spend that much time in the room... So the extra price just isnt worth it for 2...

What benefit would there be of a spa balcony? There is no Cloud 9 Spa.

rtap23 because I will explain: This will enable me to figure out some nice gestures what they can do with the money they save if they don't choose a suite.

OP: Just so you know, suites are nice yes, but Carnival does not offer any of the perks of having a suite as other cruise lines do. Your paying for a larger room, one that does have a bathtub and a larger balcony this is all you really get and perhaps priority check in which I suggest you getting the FTTF and you get that for only $49 total for the cabin.

The Junior Suite only gives you double balcony space by the way, if you think you will be out on the balcony a lot then you may want to consider getting one, but again I say its a waste of money.

I personally would book up a nice balcony room perhaps on the Empress Deck which is always my favorite deck on Carnival ships.

The extra money you save you can do so much with such as use it for a private cab tour of a port your going to, or perhaps for spa treatments, cheers program, go to the steakhouse a few nights so much better food in quality/selection/variety. Use it for shore excursions.

I don't know where your coming from whether your driving to the port or flying but if your driving to the port and the ship is just maximum two hours away or so, hire a private stretch limo to take you to the ship and pick you up and take you back home.

If your flying stay a couple of nights at a nice hotel, have some nice dinners and hire a limo to take you from airport-hotel-ship.

Edited by lyndamr

So we are planning on going on the conquest for our honeymoon and we were wanting to get a nice room and not sure what type of room to get any help would be greatly appreciated :)

My vote is for 9293.Best location on the ship !!!

Lido balcony close to all the action.This is a awesome location we have stayed in this cabin multiple times on other conquest class ships.If you look at the deck plans you will see you have a semi private hallway that keeps most of the Lido noise out

That would not be even a consideration for me, I don't want to be where all those people from the lido deck go in and out next to my room, the hallways are always warmer the first 10 cabins from the outside of the Lido Deck, just speaking from my experience.

I would say 9202 or 9203 Captains Suite! They are very nice, haven't stayed ***** one but last cruise the folks in 9202 were nice enough to give us a tour. If money was no option I would pick one of those everytime. To find pics of it just do an internet search, there are plenty out there.

Congratulations!!:D

That would not be even a consideration for me, I don't want to be where all those people from the lido deck go in and out next to my room, the hallways are always warmer the first 10 cabins from the outside of the Lido Deck, just speaking from my experience.

No people from the Lido go in and out next to that cabin area.There is a big door you need to walk through to get to the cabin and have your own hallway for the first few cabins in that area and it stays nice and cool too. We have stayed at this exact location on multiple ships and its perfect

As you can see everyone has different ideas. I do not like aft wraps because I prefer being midship.

I do not like Lido staterooms either.

We like being midship, near an elevator and with no staterooms across from us. I think a suite is special because the extra space makes it feel more luxurious. I don't need any extra suite perks because we buy FTTF(faster to the fun ) to get the ones we like.

For our anniversary cruise we have booked an ocean suite on deck 7. I am looking forward to it!

Riffatsea- I also don't like wrap arounds and Lido staterooms and I also always get the FTTF lol.

Money is really not an issue but I won't book a suite on Carnival just to have extra room and a bathtub, I am only in my cabin to dress, shower and sleep, I rather spend the extra money I save and take another trip or even a B2B. :p

Edited by lyndamr

Riffatsea- I also don't like wrap arounds and Lido staterooms and I also always get the FTTF lol.

Money is really not an issue but I won't book a suite on Carnival just to have extra room and a bathtub, I am only in my cabin to dress, shower and sleep, I rather spend the extra money I save and take another trip or even a B2B. :p

Ok Lyndamr now I see where you were coming from on that other post.

I also agree with you on the suite. We also spend very little time in our cabin to justify the extra cost. Some people spend a lot of time in their cabins reading and napping but for us it just for sleeping at night and for showering.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Have you looked at cabin 9201 ?

Here is the same room I had on the Valor.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2017369

IMG_3699_zpsa1b1eddf.jpg

There is only 2 per ship, but they are cheaper than a regular balcony room.

Click on the link above the photo for my picture thread on that room

Happy Honeymoon.

Edited by campdaan