Price increase on beverage packages Canadian $

Hmm. That is interesting. I just checked my Cruise Planner for our upcoming cruise in May and the prices show as:

Replenish $23.37

Premium $60.27

Ultimate $67.65

all CAD.

I have no intention of purchasing any of these packages, but this thread made me curious. I wonder why the difference?

We have always done the "Wine and Dine" package in the past but that option is gone entirely. :mad: Oh, well. Guess I will save a few bucks on wine this time around. RCCL's loss.

If you do a dummy purchase and add the package to your cart it then adds the 15% gratuities. The numbers that you are seeing are before gratuities. It's too bad that the Canadian dollar is doing so poorly, I think we will see all costs of travel and vacation increase now, as a result.

Ahhh...I had not done the math to see that the gratuity was included in the final price. Makes total sense now, thanks all!

So almost $1,100 for two people to have the premium drinks package for a week. Yikes! :eek: Makes the LCBO in Ontario seem downright cheap!

Edited by Booth44

We sail on Sunday from San Juan.

I booked our Soda packages and excursions last week. I looked up the current CAD price for the same excursions and all of them are 17.3% higher than what I paid last week.

Glad we booked everything last week:D

We sail on Sunday from San Juan.

I booked our Soda packages and excursions last week. I looked up the current CAD price for the same excursions and all of them are 17.3% higher than what I paid last week.

Glad we booked everything last week:D

Wow. Good thing you did it last week.

A&L - we too are from London heading to Detroit for our flight for our March 15th cruise. I'm just hoping that with March Break that week, we are not in HUGE lines at the border.

Most kids start March Break Fri March 13th so hopefully by the 15th all the travelers will be at their destination:)

A&L - we too are from London heading to Detroit for our flight for our March 15th cruise. I'm just hoping that with March Break that week, we are not in HUGE lines at the border.

We are off to Vegas on Monday till Thursday. We always check the weather for squalls off the lake if it effects the 402. We also have Bluewater Bridge as well as Ambasador Bridge crossing time links on our phones for to and from the US. Blue Water Bridge also tweets times for crossings.

A quick tip. If you cross at Bluewater take the far right lane as you go into the States. That one lane subdivides into a maximum of three 3 agent gates. Not many people know that, and even if only 2 agents are working it is typically faster than all the other lines. There is a sign above that lane that will state something like "two Agents working". Well it as fast, except for the Nexus line.

When we are collecting our luggage coming home we use the Detroit airport free wifi. So while we are waiting for our luggage we quickly look up wait times for the border. We choose our crossing point from that info, combined again with the lake effect weather. We live north of London, between Lucan and St Mary's so we don't even go to London to get to the border.

Are you on Allure on the 15th? If so have you dropped in on the Roll Call?