Price increase on beverage packages Canadian $

I've just noticed a large price increase on all the beverage packages in Canadian dollars. Is this due to the currency exchange or have the prices gone up on the US pricing as well? Lucky for us we already purchased our packages for our up coming trip.

Replenish was $23.82/day it is now $26.17/day

Premium was $61.42/day it is now $69.31/day

Ultimate was $68.94/day it is now $77.98/day

I've just noticed a large price increase on all the beverage packages in Canadian dollars. Is this due to the currency exchange or have the prices gone up on the US pricing as well? Lucky for us we already purchased our packages for our up coming trip.

There is post on this already ( just look below at " drink package question....sorry")

Our price was $20.71 a day and today it's $23.82 plus gratuities.

They raised the price because of the drop in the Canadian dollarexchange rate.

Not just beverage packages. Specialty dining also. Not sure about shore excursions or spa services, but I would assume these too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thankfully we paid for all of our beverage packages and speciality meals last weekend for our upcoming back to back. We paid for our one ship shore excursion a long time ago.

I would have a hard time paying close to $40 a person Canadian for Chops, espically when you could go to the Keg for the same cost or less.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Its hard to beleive when I cruised last May, the Canadian dollar was 98cents to the usa dollar. Luckly I bought some american money before Christmas, should take someof the pain off . I just hope it doesnt drop any lower

I'm so relieved I purchased drink packages and specialty dining last Friday !! Spending an extra $121 on drink packages would have been a tough pill to swallow!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thankfully we paid for all of our beverage packages and speciality meals last weekend for our upcoming back to back. We paid for our one ship shore excursion a long time ago.

I would have a hard time paying close to $40 a person Canadian for Chops, espically when you could go to the Keg for the same cost or less.

Close to $40...when I looked this morning it was $43.05 per person for chops ( you have to make a dummy reservation to see the actual price.) Giovanni's is $30.75 now!

I'm so relieved I purchased drink packages and specialty dining last Friday !! Spending an extra $121 on drink packages would have been a tough pill to swallow!

Same here. Bought our drink packages and excursions last friday also. Saved a lot of $$$ for the 4 of us. Then yesterday, bought some obc at a 10% exchange rate. It was really worth it. Dodged a bullet right there since our bank rate is 1 USD for 1.2750 CND.

Guylaine

Can you buy OBC on line or need to call?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Need to call 1-800-722-5443. With all the rate changes they made overnight, ask first was is the exchange rate.

Guylaine

I was thinking the same thing.

We have only prepaid the gratuities so we will certainly feel the pain of the exchange rate. I will have to try to only look at the price in US$ and not do the conversion on each transaction but instead just pay the bill at the end knowing it will be more.

At least with gas being low we will save $250 to $300 on gas down and back to help offset the exchange.

Sure hope the $ does not drop to the levels of the late 90's early 2000's when it was over $1.50 CDN an to buy a US$.:eek:

Close to $40...when I looked this morning it was $43.05 per person for chops ( you have to make a dummy reservation to see the actual price.) Giovanni's is $30.75 now!

WOW, we might come out further ahead as we prepaid for our 7 year old DS the $35-ish Canadain rate. If he eats off the kids menu we pay way less, ($8-$10 US) and get the credit in US$ on our onboard account. :D We booked once each week for our B2B.

It guess it still makes Giovanni's the better choice for value for the money. We figured these two reservations at Chops might be our last ones. At least until it gets a bit quieter or more reasonibly priced. OMG, I remember the days when the restaurant was only half full on purpose, and we have only been sailng this for 10 years. At 43 I feel like an old salt. ;)

Edited by A&L_Ont

[/color]

I was thinking the same thing.

We have only prepaid the gratuities so we will certainly feel the pain of the exchange rate. I will have to try to only look at the price in US$ and not do the conversion on each transaction but instead just pay the bill at the end knowing it will be more.

At least with gas being low we will save $250 to $300 on gas down and back to help offset the exchange.

Sure hope the $ does not drop to the levels of the late 90's early 2000's when it was over $1.50 CDN an to buy a US$.:eek:

We have prepaid for all ship costs for our upcoming B2B in advance. Off the ship will extra of course but we have a US$ account for years and always buy when the dollar is favourable. Needless to say it will be a while, before we do that again.

The gas will be a savings for sure. We only have to drive to Detroit, but there will be a few $ saved. As for 1990s rates, I sure hope not. It won't stop me from cruising, but I will look at many things a lot more carefully.

Has anyone looked at their cruise cost in relation to the new RC Canadian exchange rate? Thankfully we have 7 locked in at their old rate. I could only imagine turning them in to reprice them, as it might hurt a lot.

I guess one positive is the chance to earn more points on my credit card due to the higher exchange rate.;)

Has anyone looked at their cruise cost in relation to the new RC Canadian exchange rate? Thankfully we have 7 locked in at their old rate. I could only imagine turning them in to reprice them, as it might hurt a lot.

I guess one positive is the chance to earn more points on my credit card due to the higher exchange rate.;)

Our Indy sailing in March(8 day) has a lot of Ont residency rates, which are still very attractive! But, if you were to talk the normal US rate, add the current FX, it would be brutally higher. Right now, the normal US rate for a JS is $1,851 US per person. But, the CDN rate is $1,719 CDN (due to Residency rates). If we took $1,851 x 1.27 (quoted in this thread) = $2,350 CDN (yes, per person):eek:

If I didn't have a nice Aft balcony, I would consider upgrading to a JS for that decent CDN price.

Was just a matter of time....I was happy I had booked my cruise in CAD and was saying at the time is was only about a 5% diff they were charging on the drink packages. But with the dollar at almost a 20% rate diff....we knew the ball was going to drop on that.

Travelling anywhere is gonna to be alot more pricey for us Canadians....good thing the lower price of oil has translated to less travel costs....hahaha

Our Indy sailing in March(8 day) has a lot of Ont residency rates, which are still very attractive! But, if you were to talk the normal US rate, add the current FX, it would be brutally higher. Right now, the normal US rate for a JS is $1,851 US per person. But, the CDN rate is $1,719 CDN (due to Residency rates). If we took $1,851 x 1.27 (quoted in this thread) = $2,350 CDN (yes, per person):eek:

If I didn't have a nice Aft balcony, I would consider upgrading to a JS for that decent CDN price.

That is crazy for sure!! We sail in SLS on Oasis and Allure and since there are only two there are no pricing wars. However, just like your situation with the JS, we know when it is low or high price for that cabin. Throw in exchange and BAZINGA. :eek:

I am happy to say that I have next years March B2B already booked in the lower dollar with actual WOW Sale savings and OBC. There is no way we are changing that cabin, or any of the other sailings as we have the better exchange rate and pricing lower than the current rates.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Hmm. That is interesting. I just checked my Cruise Planner for our upcoming cruise in May and the prices show as:

Replenish $23.37

Premium $60.27

Ultimate $67.65

all CAD.

I have no intention of purchasing any of these packages, but this thread made me curious. I wonder why the difference?

We have always done the "Wine and Dine" package in the past but that option is gone entirely. :mad: Oh, well. Guess I will save a few bucks on wine this time around. RCCL's loss.

Hmm. That is interesting. I just checked my Cruise Planner for our upcoming cruise in May and the prices show as:

Replenish $23.37

Premium $60.27

Ultimate $67.65

all CAD.

I have no intention of purchasing any of these packages, but this thread made me curious. I wonder why the difference?

We have always done the "Wine and Dine" package in the past but that option is gone entirely. :mad: Oh, well. Guess I will save a few bucks on wine this time around. RCCL's loss.

Once you add the 15% gratuities, you should get the same numbers as happyCruiser.

dp