Bummer. 70% Rain in San Juan on the 31st!!

Spike2000

Darn,

I thought that this was the dry time in the Caribbean? Looks like I am bringing the crummy Atlanta rain with me! :( I am usually down there in the summer (& even peak hurricane seasons) and have typically had great weather.

It looks like I have will have peak rain on the days that we will be in San Juan (70% rain) & St. Thomas.(50%) :eek:

I hope mother nature cuts us some slack! haha. Sorry for the whining. :D

Darn,

I thought that this was the dry time in the Caribbean? Looks like I am bringing the crummy Atlanta rain with me! :( I am usually down there in the summer (& even peak hurricane seasons) and have typically had great weather.

It looks like I have will have peak rain on the days that we will be in San Juan (70% rain) & St. Thomas.(50%) :eek:

I hope mother nature cuts us some slack! haha. Sorry for the whining. :D

Down in the Caribbean, those numbers usually mean that sometime during the day someone somewhere on the island will have a 70% chance of seeing rain - that could be a 10 minute downpour, or a little shower - but the odds of it ruining an entire day everywhere are relatively slim.

When I first started cruising, I would check the weather forecast on the islands but discovered that in reality, they were really meaningless. As others have said, don't worry about it.:)

I agree, no point in looking at weather forecasts. I never look at Caribbean weather before a cruise. It is what it is, and it will be warm.:)

Don't worry -- I have been in San Juan for the past two weeks and have found the weather reports to be unreliable. The days it has rained are usually for about an hour in the mid to late afternoon or overnight. Even when it is raining, it is still warm! :)