earliest flight out of FLL

lescas

I thought this would be too early, ended up with a flight from another airport in FL leaving in the evening. I will keep checking for better rates from FLL as time goes. Sundays are expensive on SWA and that's what we fly to BWI.

I thought this would be too early, ended up with a flight from another airport in FL leaving in the evening. I will keep checking for better rates from FLL as time goes. Sundays are expensive on SWA and that's what we fly to BWI.

If you don't book the return flight early they are always expensive, everyones trying to get home the same day.

I would have loved it if TSA had moved me up as none of this was poor planning on my part.
Last year, I was ultra-conservative and booked a flight out of MIA leaving at 3:15pm. I took a Princess tour that dropped us off at the airport before 1pm. I'd done EZ Check so no check-in, I already had my boarding pass and was flying First Class. It should have been a breeze, right? Wrong. There was ONE (1) TSA line for the entire terminal. They took one from general boarding, then one from TSA Pre-Check, then one from First Class/Business Class. It took two hours to get through. I was finally able to "jump" the line when I saw a TSA agent and said I was about to pee my pants... it was critical. Which was the truth. I made it to the gate just before it closed.

When I got home, I got TSA Pre-Check.

Never assume.

Edited by Pam in CA

Easy to do when your ship is scheduled to arrive at 6 AM.

Much harder to be at the airport by 7 when your ship is scheduled to dock at 7 AM.

Most of the time the ships that we were on arrived at 7am not 6am. In those cases we were at the airport around 750am doing first walk off and at the gate by 810a to 820a. Still plenty of time to make our 948am flight.

What would be the earliest time to book a flight leaving from FLL.

The earliest I found was 5AM to SFO, but you didn't say where you were going. We wouldn't book anything before 11AM.

Edited by MauiLvrs