Can First-Time Friend Come to Crown & Anchor Event with Me?

I really enjoy attending the C & A events - it's tough to not want to share the experience with a travelling companion. At the very least, it is marketing dollars at work. An inexperienced cruiser gets a taste for what they can get with just a few... more... cruises...

I dunno - the wine isn't mind blowing and neither are the hot canapés...what is the harm... :)

The harm, as previously pointed out, is that if every other person entitled to the perk brought along someone who was not, it wouldn't be at all fair to those who had earned the perk - overcrowding, lack of seats, any number of issues. But many people think only of themselves and how they can circumvent the rules.

Sorry...but in all my many cruises with RCI I have never seen them require/ask for the invitation or to see your SeaPass.

My experience has been just the opposite. I can't remember ever not having to show either my invitation or SeaPass. The staff is always lined up at the door and the LA and usually 1 or 2 other staff does the checking. However, I usually just need to show one for DW and me.

Royal Caribbean's policy is "no". That being said, if he is with you, and you go in together, and you hand in your invite, no one will question whether he is supposed to be there or not.

Enjoy your cruise!!;)

I like this approach. Besides, does it really even matter? It's not like this is the DL or CL where space is valuable. This is held in a large lounge and there is never any shortage of seating. It's not like they are going to run out of rum punch or the endless supply of crappy snacks.

Edited by Aquahound

There were 5 of us traveling together. Four of the five of us are Diamond. We went to the Diamond dining room for breakfast and they initially didn't want to seat our friend. We started to walk away and they decided they would "allow" us to dine there. We hadn't used it in the past and weren't really interested. Our non-Diamond friend was the one that wanted to see what it was like. We're kind of a rule-following group so we aren't tempted to try to see how far we can push it. We're going to be in the same situation this time with one first-time cruiser and four Diamond cruisers traveling together. I'm glad to see the free drinks added to the SeaPass. We don't leave one of our group so that we can attend the repeat or elite events and we don't try sneaking someone in. If the non-Diamond guest is questioned, it's an embarrassing situation all around.

I agree, I am thrilled with the drink pass. I just wish they were more clear about what you can order with it. I also like that most waiters in the bars will bring a ticket to sign so your non Diamond companion has no idea what is transpiring. ;)

As for the return events, my sister who is a step or two behind in status has usually attended most events with me. The big Welcome back event is pretty open, I don't think they question anyone who attends with you. Some of the higher events are a little more selective and I would not push it.