Waters

molly5673

But it can be Inside the carry on right?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Yes it can be carried on; however, they sometimes take the wrapping off and shake each bottle to make sure it does not bubble (checking to see if it is vodka). We put our water or pop in a rolling carry-on size suitcase or a rolling soft side cooler. The cooler can be only 12X12X12 so the suitcase works better for us. We use the inside storage and the zip pockets on the outside of the soft side piece of luggage.

Edited by kteachcruiser52

I sometimes carry a twelve pack of water, and carry it on in one of my bags. I have seen others carry it on themselves on small luggage carts/small luggage type hand trucks, or place a luggage tag on them, and hand it off to the porters.

I sometimes carry a twelve pack of water, and carry it on in one of my bags. I have seen others carry it on themselves on small luggage carts/small luggage type hand trucks, or place a luggage tag on them, and hand it off to the porters.

While some have reported being able to give to porters with a luggage tag, others have said they refused it, per carnival rules it must be carried on. You can try to have it tagged, but if they wont, you will have to carry it on.

I think there are 2 better options. 1: buy a nice water bottle before cruising and just have the bartenders refill it with water. Did that all week on a recent cruise and it was great. Got several positive comments. 2: buy the case of water onboard. It will cost you around $15 more than on land, but you won't have to tip your porter or carry it around with you. It will be delivered to your room. You're on a cruise. Go for convenience.

I 2nd the suggestion to bring your own nice refillable water bottle and refill it on the ship.

Too bad I can't bring the ship along with me on an excursion to refill my bottle. We bring a case of water for excursions. We drink the ship water while on the ship.

New rules say you have to carry it on, a case of water fits nicely in a duffel bag. I just strap it to the top of my rolling carry on suitcase. Though I have put it in the same duffel bag with a luggage tag and had it delivered just like always even since the change. I will probably chance it again next time. I don't think they will confiscate it, worst case you may have to go pick it up.

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from 8 days on the Conquest. We took a case of 36 (16 ounce) bottles in our rolling carryon. We also saw two cases tagged in the porters cages. Wish we would have done that! We did that before on other cruise lines and never had an issue. We also had two bottles of wine in the carry on, not once was it ever scrutinized. Guess we could have brought more!

Just returned from 8 days on the Conquest. We took a case of 36 (16 ounce) bottles in our rolling carryon. We also saw two cases tagged in the porters cages. Wish we would have done that! We did that before on other cruise lines and never had an issue. We also had two bottles of wine in the carry on, not once was it ever scrutinized. Guess we could have brought more!

I just talked to someone at carnival on another subject. You can't check the water. It has to be carried in