Carnival Sunshine LIVE - 7 night Western - January 31, 2015

airlinerob

Good Morning!

I will be LIVE on the Carnival Sunshine - 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise tomorrow (January 31st).

I plan to get the internet package, and will be reporting LIVE throughout the journey. I'd be happy to answer any and all questions you may have.

We already have reservations at Jiji's on the first night, and the Steakhouse on the last night.

Please feel free to ask any and all questions here - and I'll do my best to get answers for you!

Getting ready to Bon Voyage! :-)

Robert

Have a great cruise Robert! Do let us know how Jiji's is, and if you try the Italian for dinner let us know about that as well. I plan to eat at the Steakhouse and the Italian on different nights of our cruise in February. Let us know what kinds of activities they have onboard as well, and if there are any cool spots to hang out. :)

Have fun! If you get a chance to check out the spa, could you check and see if all the rooms are functional? Also, I've read for months that one of the two elevators that go to deck 12 is broken...if you're ever on a stroll and wanted to check that out, I would appreciate it!

Edited by hhalliv

Ahh thanks for doing this Robert! I hope you have a great cruise.

Looking forward to your reports as we are on the Sunshine doing the same itinerary in April! Can't wait!

I'm just a little jealous though.. :D

Where did you make the reservations for JiJis? Can you let us know if they seem necessary pre cruise? I am thinking of trying it but want to pick my night based on MDR menus...

Thanks in advance! Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have a great cruise Robert! Do let us know how Jiji's is, and if you try the Italian for dinner let us know about that as well. I plan to eat at the Steakhouse and the Italian on different nights of our cruise in February. Let us know what kinds of activities they have onboard as well, and if there are any cool spots to hang out. :)

Had dinner @ Jiji's tonight. Absolutely amazing. Definitely worth the $15. I wish they would add it on other ships. We enjoyed it so much that we already booked to go back on Monday.

June was our server, and she was quite amazing!

Robert

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Where did you make the reservations for JiJis? Can you let us know if they seem necessary pre cruise? I am thinking of trying it but want to pick my night based on MDR menus...

Thanks in advance! Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Reservations are taken in advance, but aren't necessary. The restaurant is quite large and can accommodate many.

Definitely worth it!

Robert

Thanks for your live review Robert! We are looking forward to sailing the Sunshine in late March. I booked a 4J cabin on deck 3 port side. We have always had balcony cabins, so I'm anxious to see how we will like being in this type of cabin much lower on the ship.

Have a great time!!

We are doing this sailing on 28FEB, Western on the Sunshine!

Any chance you can get copies of the FUN TIMES and upload them/ take pictures of them / share them somehow? I am a group leader of more than 22, and a few have questions. Thank you!

Had dinner @ Jiji's tonight. Absolutely amazing. Definitely worth the $15. I wish they would add it on other ships. We enjoyed it so much that we already booked to go back on Monday.

June was our server, and she was quite amazing!

Robert

Could you tell me how you order? Is it one appetizer, one entree, one rice and one dessert?

We are doing this sailing on 28FEB, Western on the Sunshine!

Any chance you can get copies of the FUN TIMES and upload them/ take pictures of them / share them somehow? I am a group leader of more than 22, and a few have questions. Thank you!

I will upload them when I get home.

Thanks for all the info on JiJis. Any chance you plan to do Cucina? I am curious which you think is better!:D

We likely will. I'll let you know!

Jiji's was amazing though. Having had Cucina on the Breeze, I think Jiji's will win. Lol

We've been to Jiji's and Cucina del Capitano and I have to say that Cuchina is great, but you can get Italian anywhere.

Jiji's is just plain amazing. Upscale Asian cuisine - very high quality and very much worth the up charge.

I don't mormally eat duck, but theirs is amazing!