On hold like a Norwegian

Heather1972

After reading this...makes me glad that I had our PCC update an existing booking and got the AARP discount applied earlier in the week. Already had all 3 promos on two cruises so we were good there. It to rebook Panama Canal cruise would have resulted in a BIG increase in the pp cost, so we opted to leave the booking as it is and we will buy the UDP (we don't drink so UBP isn't a biggie for us).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by watchdiva

Called my ta and she said that ncl's website is still having some issues today, but she confirmed that both the freestyle choice promo and ksf promos are still running today, essentially I'll be able to upgrade to an sc 2 bedroom family suite from a regular sd family suite for $18... Keeping the OBC, free drinks and dining... That seems about as good as it can get!

She's going to call ncl at 9 when they open and call me back... Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly as one of the deposits was a rewards cert...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure if this has been posted but there is an alternate number for getting a hold of a pcc

Even if you don't have one like me I tried this yesterday at the height of the wait time and got connected within 3 minutes. Just don't enter an extension and hold on

877-416-9722

I called a few times between 8:55 and 9 am and got "we're closed." Called exactly at 9 am was talking to an agent within 60 seconds.

Turns out I got the same agent I called in to yesterday! Yesterday she was able to give me a price reduction but could not re-add my beverage package (she said there was a problem with their computer system).

Today she quickly added my beverage package and sent me an invoice.

I'm happy...since I've booked this cruise I've saved $1300 and got the beverage package for free. This is gonna be one sweet cruise!

Haha, I'm stilll on hold, spent 2.5 hours on hold yesterday only to have my PCC eventually call me saying he was working overtime and would get my promo added and call me back, never did.......so now I'm on hold because I want to get this added if possible! Here's hoping I get somebody, but yesterday when I did get somebody, they had to transfer me to a different department that could change my pccs booking and then my pcc blew me off, fun!!!

Leah

Grand total 4 hours yesterday on hold=never got through=This morning calling at 9:00 I was again put on hold-Ugh_So I tried the trick of pressing the button for a new sailing-I waited about 32 secs. The agent informed me that I had called the wrong line but after i politely explained to her that I had been on hold for so long yesterday, she was super sweet-

Bottom line 4 hours of my life to save $200! At one point I almost gave up but then I got caught up in the whole sport of the thing!!!!LOL

My Big box TA said they had no warning about the sale and when she arrived at work yesterday at noon there were 120 calls in cue. My first call to TA did not result in any savings. Seems prices for our cruise were all over the board yesterday. I saw the good price drop again later in the day and called back. After a couple hours I was able to save a little on the cruise, break my 14 nt into two seven night cruises and got ubp and $400 obc ($200 per seven night) . This is the first savings I've seen on my Europe cruise in the past year. Most of the cruise savings were due to rebooking with KSF on one leg and ks 50% on second leg. Couldn't be happier and it was worth the wait.

I saw this thread yesterday, attempted to call last night around 8pm, but kept getting "your long distance carrier cannot contact the number dialed". I tried from 3 different lines, that all have different long distance carriers, so I think they just shut down incoming calls.

I called at 10:20am this morning, as I walked out of the gym, knowing I would be on hold for a while. Since then, I've driven home, showered, changed, took out the trash, made my morning shake, and here I am almost an hour in.

Yesterday, I made a second reservation on the same cruise, so I could get in on some savings that I saw. I had to try 3 times online, as the website kept puking. Each time, the list of available staterooms was drastically smaller. So, now I'm attempting to cancel my original reservation and see if they can move me from starboard to port side. After my wife saw my selection, she asked me to try to move it.

I got through and took care of everything I needed. In total, about 70 minutes. The rep that I spoke with was very conscious of the long waits, as he was doing everything very quickly and making sure the call moved along. I probably only spent 3 minutes talking with him. He cancelled one reservation, moved my stateroom, gave me my wife and daughters guest number details, answered a few questions about the UDP and done.

Edited by bt0510

After reading this thread yesterday we almost didn't call. Yeah, the price had dropped quite a bit, but there's no way I'm spending 4 hours on the phone.

But we decided to call our PCC's direct line. Someone else answered and he has left the company. As she was transferring us into the queue the line dropped. We called the PCC's direct line again and another PCC answered. He had our reservation cancelled and rebooked within about five minutes. Very nice guy, and very knowledgeable. We got his name and direct line for the future (he said they would assign us a new one and we told him we should be able to pick him!) We saved $367.

When we received the confirmation the promo code was different; we called his personal line back. He picked up in 3 minutes. He explained the original booking actually had the $200 obc instead of the UDP code, but fixed it when we said we were looking forward to the UDP.

But wait, the good service didn't stop there.

My wife hit the "redial" button in error, and hung up when it rang. The phone rang, and it was our new PCC checking back on the short call because they have had issues with busy phones.

Needless to say I was very impressed with this guy!

Wow! I spoke to a great pcc this morning. ...not my pcc but a different guy who was very helpful and helped me make my decision in under a minute lol!!! Maybe same guy! Kinda wish I had him.....but oh well! My pcc is nice guy but kinda short and not chatty lol.....