On hold like a Norwegian

Heather1972

Last day of the BIG 3 promotion expect wait time to go exponentially crazy

with all the last minute bookings - but wait don't hang up to start all over

at the bottom of the holding list. As Norwegian on some of it calls says

"Hang in there (like a Norwegian)" !

Good luck - hope the stateroom that you desire is not sold out !

I'm beginning to think the plan is to not answer calls and then they don't actually have to honor the sale. ;) I just want to get updated pricing on my booked cruise. I'd possibly book another, but I can't even enjoy looking anything up on their website because it is either really slow or doesn't load at all. *3 hours on hold today*

I gave up after 2 hours on hold.............probably will not sail on NCL again, very poor customer service

I'm sticking it out.

Last company I sailed with kept telling us to "get into the spirit of it".

I wound up getting arrested for murder, arson, and assault.

I'm never sailing Viking River Cruises again.

I'm sticking it out.

Last company I sailed with kept telling us to "get into the spirit of it".

I wound up getting arrested for murder, arson, and assault.

I'm never sailing Viking River Cruises again.

haha, love it, but Shawnino, we are on the same cruise together, now I am really nervous!! Hopefully see you soon, with all the weather coming, flying out of JFK might be crazy!!

Took me 30 minutes to get through this morning to make sure the deal was what I thought...Then took my travel agent an hour and a half to get through and an hour talking to them to make the change...Ended up getting the booked cruise with the drink package and kids free, so it was worth all the time!

Well I stayed on hold until my phone died... 1.5 hours. This is a major PITA. Even if I wanted to just book a cruise, I'd have to call to get the AARP discount& free beverage package combined, since it won't work online. They need to figure this stuff out in advance so that people are not on hold for hours.

I'm beginning to think the plan is to not answer calls and then they don't actually have to honor the sale. ;) I just want to get updated pricing on my booked cruise. I'd possibly book another, but I can't even enjoy looking anything up on their website because it is either really slow or doesn't load at all. *3 hours on hold today*

I am also wondering if it was just some kind of ploy. I know other companies do it.

Was trying to look on their site to see what we might book next but can barely navigate from one page to the next. I hope, as a measure of good faith, they extend the sale for another day or two for those who are having issues.

Stick with it people. By the sounds of it they have everyone in they can. Called our PCC at his extension, wasn't expecting him to be in but he picked right up. Two minutes on the phone and let him go do what he needed to do. Got the updated invoice an hour later saving 1k and kept the $200 obc. :D

Just wish we had the money to book another cruise.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

I started calling at 9:08AM-hung up at 9:17AM(house phone) and switched to my cell phone in my car-plugged into my charger. Once I got to my moms(great visit, caught up on stuff), I used her cell phone plug.

I was on the phone from 9:20AM and the call was picked up at 11:10AM. Rebooked and took advantage of the savings. Off the phone by 12Noon Well worth the wait!!

I finally got through to my TA after waiting on hold for 45 minutes again. This time they stated that NCL's lines were working now. She tried to get through the first time with a busy signal and then tried another number that allowed her to get through. There is a hour wait time and she will handle it and get back to me once handled. At least the call has now been made and grateful I have a TA today to handle it from here on out. She will send me a confirmation within 2 hours. WOW...this is some crazy stuff. As others have mentioned though, for the cost savings, it is well worth the wait.

that is sorta like me basing my full expectations of Target only on how it is inside the store on Black Friday:rolleyes:

No, not really, you haven't had the interactions with NCL that I have so you can stop rolling your eyes. I am NOT judging it on THIS experience, but the overall experience. I hope yours was better!:)

haha, love it, but Shawnino, we are on the same cruise together, now I am really nervous!! Hopefully see you soon, with all the weather coming, flying out of JFK might be crazy!!

My wife keeps me on a very short leash these days. Her mom will be there too. They used to be Party girls. (Of course, in the USSR, the meaning is rather different...)

You have received some very slipshod customer service.

I hope your cruise will be so fantastic your frustrations will fade from memory.

Looking forward to meeting in person!

I was on hold hearing about "how we'll be with you shortly" for an hour and thirty eight minutes before their line went dead.

Tried again and spent just under 45 minutes before the same thing happened.

Now I'm at 28 minutes and still hearing about how I should share my memorable NCL experiences on social media - thinking they might not want me to share this....