New Bistro on Five menu

ClaudiaB

This was the menu on the Equinox last month. Both the burger and the turkey club are on it, and the charge is $10.00. I thought the burger was outstanding! I also had the Croque Madame and it was very good too.

IMG_2317-XL.jpg

This was not the menu we had on our Millie cruise last month. They eliminated the daily entrees and instead have a daily soup (which they always did, come to think of it). There is no more French onion soup, no mushroom burger (can't remember if they had the regular burger or not) and a few of my other favorites were missing too. They added a few appetizers and salads, and there were a couple of new crepes (one was salmon, which I enjoyed). I don't know if the new menu we had is going fleet-wide or not. I prefer the last menu.

I think the menu that Cindy posted today as well as Late2crusin posted are both from April cruises they where both on. Still not sure though if this would be the menu for Bistro on Five on the Summit?

We're on Summit in July and I hope that this new menu is in place on that ship.

I tried many times to enjoy BO5 and was never satisfied with the crepes.

These new menus look pretty tasty.

We're on Summit in July and I hope that this new menu is in place on that ship.

I tried many times to enjoy BO5 and was never satisfied with the crepes.

These new menus look pretty tasty.

We went to Bistro on 5 during our September 6-20 Summit cruise and that is the menu we had.

The Salted Caramel Shake was tasty but not really thick like a milkshake.

We just got off the Constellation yesterday. They no longer have the Salade Niçoise that I absolutely love...

Other than that, the crêpes were great.

Shawn

Just got off last week. The menu was terrible compared to the Silhouette last fall. Scaled down too much.

Sushi in buffet was best I have ever had on a ship. I hope the sushi experiment on the Reflection is a miserable failure.

Just heard Bistro on 5 is changing to the Sushi setup on the Silhouette from tomorrow. I'm gutted (excuse the pun)!

If you haven't been yet (and it's still available on your trip) try the signature burger.

Just heard Bistro on 5 is changing to the Sushi setup on the Silhouette from tomorrow. I'm gutted (excuse the pun)!

If you haven't been yet (and it's still available on your trip) try the signature burger.

I second that...the burger was fantastic!:)

Burger was not on the Constellation anymore nor was the more amazing croque monseur. Sushi? Love it but won't pay for it on a ship. Then again I have a problem with almost any alternative dining. I guess I am too old fashioned.

Burger was not on the Constellation anymore nor was the more amazing croque monseur. Sushi? Love it but won't pay for it on a ship. Then again I have a problem with almost any alternative dining. I guess I am too old fashioned.

That was my other delicious meal in Bistro on 5, except mine was the Croque Madame (with an egg).:) I hate to see them replacing a nice lunch alternative with something as taste specific as sushi.:(

That was my other delicious meal in Bistro on 5, except mine was the Croque Madame (with an egg).:) I hate to see them replacing a nice lunch alternative with something as taste specific as sushi.:(

Maybe someone should start a poll about the Bistro becoming a sushi restaurant and we could bring it to X's attention. It may do some good. I think there as been a lot of opposition to it already. We eat at Bistro on Five every cruise...sometimes more than once.

Yeah it was MADAME! I couldn't remember! That was amazing as well.

Also missing this trip was the French onion soup which was much better than the MDR and room service.

Maybe someone should start a poll about the Bistro becoming a sushi restaurant and we could bring it to X's attention. It may do some good. I think there as been a lot of opposition to it already. We eat at Bistro on Five every cruise...sometimes more than once.

There are many threads on this subject! I ate there once this past cruise but on the Silhouette this past fall on my TA we are there 5 times because the MDR was horrific.

Our Hotel Director on the Equinox (Jamie Petts -- loved him!) said Celebrity is struggling with what to do with the space to make it more appealing and profitable. He said the sushi concept has been met with mixed reviews, and it's about 50/50...people either love it or hate it.

Just my opinion, but I think one of their problems is the price point. I think there are a lot of people who might otherwise eat there that bypass it because of the $10 cover charge. Psychologically, the double digit figure makes it seem a lot more frivolous.

There are many threads on this subject! I ate there once this past cruise but on the Silhouette this past fall on my TA we are there 5 times because the MDR was horrific.

We were not impressed with the MDR on Silhouette either and that was 2013. We also did not find officers or staff as friendly either. We were accustomed to the atmosphere on Azamara.

Then we sailed on the Summit and it was like night and day....so much more friendlier and welcoming.

Our Hotel Director on the Equinox (Jamie Petts -- loved him!) said Celebrity is struggling with what to do with the space to make it more appealing and profitable. He said the sushi concept has been met with mixed reviews, and it's about 50/50...people either love it or hate it.

Just my opinion, but I think one of their problems is the price point. I think there are a lot of people who might otherwise eat there that bypass it because of the $10 cover charge. Psychologically, the double digit figure makes it seem a lot more frivolous.

I agree. We've lunched at Bistro many times, but only when we've purchased the Ultimate Specialty Dining package which waives the fee.

I even thought the fee was too high at $5.

That's a good possibility. It used to be $5.00 and then it jumped to $7.50 and very shortly after that, the cost increased to $10.00. I think it turned people off.

Maybe someone should start a poll about the Bistro becoming a sushi restaurant and we could bring it to X's attention. It may do some good..

A POLL?? You mean a questionnaire that could gauge how thousands of actual cruise passengers both new and experienced might feel about a specific topic? An amazingly wonderful idea to me and probably to many others on this board, however do you really think anyone in the decision making hierarchy of Celebrity or RCCL would place any value on the opinions of their customers?

I have been pretty loyal to Celebrity over the past 16 years and aside from almost daily email advertisements have never received anything that in the least asked for my opinion on anything, yet all new and improved ideas that Celebrity institutes claim are supposed to have been well researched and studied before their inception. How do they do research?

Still love Celebrity but just can't understand some of the ideas from RCCL central.

bosco

We were not impressed with the MDR on Silhouette either and that was 2013. We also did not find officers or staff as friendly either. We were accustomed to the atmosphere on Azamara.

Then we sailed on the Summit and it was like night and day....so much more friendlier and welcoming.

Good to hear. I am on the Summit this October! The Constellation was also night and day vs the Silhouette.

My husband and I discovered we really liked the Bistro during port days if we happened to be on the ship during lunchtime. Even with the surcharge, it's about what it would cost for a nice lunch on land.

Their tomato soup was almost as good as the one I had in Ocean Liners.

My husband and I discovered we really liked the Bistro during port days if we happened to be on the ship during lunchtime. Even with the surcharge, it's about what it would cost for a nice lunch .

But you've already paid for your lunch in your cruise fare so the surcharge on X makes it way more expensive than on land.