New Bistro on Five menu

ClaudiaB

But you've already paid for your lunch in your cruise fare so the surcharge on X makes it way more expensive than on land.

But I would have paid for my fare regardless. It certainly wouldn't be any cheaper if the cost of Bistro was baked in, and while I'm always in favor of lower prices, surcharge dining just seems to an unpleasant reality of cruising today. Also, I would bet that lunch at a comparable restaurant on land would probably be more than $10 a head. Murano certainly would be more than $50.

A POLL?? You mean a questionnaire that could gauge how thousands of actual cruise passengers both new and experienced might feel about a specific topic? An amazingly wonderful idea to me and probably to many others on this board, however do you really think anyone in the decision making hierarchy of Celebrity or RCCL would place any value on the opinions of their customers?

I have been pretty loyal to Celebrity over the past 16 years and aside from almost daily email advertisements have never received anything that in the least asked for my opinion on anything, yet all new and improved ideas that Celebrity institutes claim are supposed to have been well researched and studied before their inception. How do they do research?

Still love Celebrity but just can't understand some of the ideas from RCCL central.

bosco

I disagree. Celebrity is listening to its customers by trying the sushi restaurant out on Reflection. Customers will vote with their money. If sushi on five brings in more revenue than bistro on five, expect to see it on more ships - and rightfully so.

I disagree. Celebrity is listening to its customers by trying the sushi restaurant out on Reflection. Customers will vote with their money. If sushi on five brings in more revenue than bistro on five, expect to see it on more ships - and rightfully so.

You are correct. Passengers will vote with their money. NO DOUBT.

As the novelist from years gone by, Ellen Glasgow stated “All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward.”

I have never really seen a line or back log waiting for sushi on any ship I have been on. Maybe I have not been there at the right time. I hope it works out for Celebrity and all the sushi lovers, as for my wife and I the loss of the Bistro will not be earth shattering, but we did enjoy it many times.

FWIW When I made changes to the menu at either of my restaurants I always got a lot of feedback from my diners BEFORE making the changes. It worked well for me.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

I'm confused about the pricing for the new sushi restaurant. I thought I saw a menu posted that was "a la carte" or is it still a flat $10 cover charge? I don't remember the pricing exactly but I thought it was high and a meal would cost much more than a $10 cover.

But you've already paid for your lunch in your cruise fare so the surcharge on X makes it way more expensive than on land.

True....but same applies if you eat lunch off the ship in one of the local restaurants and speaking for myself I love doing that. $10 is pricey for B-5 but the food on our last trip on Eclipse was fantastic....and the burger was light years better than the MDR.....where dinners were excellent except for Celebrity Chef night.

Looking forward to sailing on Summit October 2 as well!!

Pat. :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Looking at your signature we were almost on TWO cruises together! We had booked NOLA for Mardi Gras and then changed it to TA from Rome. You can e-mail me at chydro564@yahoo.com and maybe make plans to get together on board. :D

Looking at your signature we were almost on TWO cruises together! We had booked NOLA for Mardi Gras and then changed it to TA from Rome. You can e-mail me at chydro564@yahoo.com and maybe make plans to get together on board. :D

I've sent you an email!

Looking forward to meeting you on the Summit!

Pat

I had read so much about Bistro on five being a haven on embarkation and took our family there 2 years back when we boarded. The crepes were cold and dry. The cover charge had just increased from $5 to $7. We were all disappointed.

Since then on Eclipse its been used as an overflow for seating for Cafe El Bacio but otherwise has been empty.

Really can they mess with this any more?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...