How often is CoCo Cay missed

debbo14

I know Coco Cay is missed a lot. I have made it two out of two times and going for a third.

Is there a certain time of year it is missed the most. I am going in Nov and wondering what my chances are. Does anyone know how high the waves are or wind knots to be in order to cancel a tender?

Out of the four times I have been there, we have only missed once and is was in November. We showed up and they determined that they could not safely get the passengers onto the tenders. So it was cancelled.

Of the other three times we went, our shore excursion on the wave runners was cancelled just as we were about to take off on them. We were actually sitting on them and they cancelled. LOL. The concern is that some families had brought children (not small kids but still kids). We were bummed being all adults in our group but we always understand safety comes first. This trip was in May.

Hope you get to go.

Edited by Karroons

Experiences may vary but we are only 1 for 5 visiting Coco Cay. Our misses always seemed to be around January or close to it. I read some where that the trade winds are what keep the Caribbean climate stable however, the north island winds are more likely to be broken by North Atlantic winter fronts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Out of 15 times we have only missed it twice. Once in December and once in March.

Those are great odds....out of 11 times we have missed it 4 times. Our odds of missing it are greater when we cruise in November.....and have done that quite a bit.