HELP! Birth Certificate Question (Copy)

robtx100

Was on the Dream last August. My son in law was born in Tennesse and his originial birth certificate does not have a raised seal. I was freaking out, but then when we got to the port the agent told me no worrys he boarded just fine. Come to find out not all states have raised seals. I think you will be fine. Good luck and have fun. We had a blast on the Dream!

Kathy

Yet the myth of the raised seal continues and continues and............it just doesn't die.

Yep, and CCL's Faq is the clearest interpretation of the DHS regs and yet people still say that "suitable quality copy" doesn't mean a photocopy.

The reason we went and got an actual birth certificate with the raised seal...was because we only had the one that the hospital gave us. For some reason, we never got an official one?

Now his school and sports accepted that and never required the other one. But, I didn't want to take a chance with that for the cruise.

Yet the myth of the raised seal continues and continues and............it just doesn't die.

I agree. I have decided to start a campaign to rid Cruise Critic of the words "raised seal". Every time I see it mention in the incorrect way from now on will result in me flying to the north pole and clubbing a baby seal.

I think a lot of times folks get on here and answer questions based on what happened the last time they went on a cruise in 1976. :p

Almost no government agencies issue raised seal anything these days. Even most notary publics don't have raised seals anymore. It's the 21st century and computers don't really handle raised seals very well. It's not even necessary to have a "certified" copy. A simple "run it thru the Xerox machine" copy works fine. Even a faxed copy will work.

I've never had (or even heard of) authorities checking document when getting off in a port. Maybe in Europe but not in the islands. DL and SS and you're ready to got to port.

Edited by travler27