BOGOHO - time to end?

mechcc

Seems the limited time only buy one get one half off sale has been going on for 9 months now. And it was a good sale for only those that got it during the first week of May. Am I the only one who wants to see honest prices per person up front and to have RCL stop this fake sale?

http://www.******************.com/2015/01/29/royal-caribbean-leaning-towards-more-promotions-and-less-cruise-discounts

"During Royal Caribbean's fourth quarter financial results earnings call with investors, Royal Caribbean chairman Richard Fain indicated the company was opting to offer promotions that offer passengers added benefits in lieu of discounting cruise fares."

I've been pricing the Adriatic cruise I have booked for september and the rate i've paid is about $500 less than what is currently being offered, but as long as RCI are seeing strong booking numbers, it is obviously working for them.

Booking new guests works out better for then, as they aren't having to discount etc.

Fortunately I was able to book my March Adventure cruise at the beginning of May and received a great deal. Now, I am looking to book an August cruise and the BOGO certainly is no bargain. Hopefully they will go down!

Our Oasis cruise in Oct was booked in May and we got a great deal. But the fake sale is a turn off. We will make diamond in Jul and after that, we will be looking closer at trying out Celebrity and Princess or building up our status on HAL and Carnival.