Not happy with Guppie Program

heatherandfred

ImageUploadedByForums1422899997.047198.jpg.5e1378956e261b87c2b4e59929c04f2f.jpg

I'm a little surprised at the size of the room they had on the Breakaway for the littlest people..age newborn to 3 yo. Our son just turned one on the cruise. Please see the pic, sorry for the clarity of the picture. the room was incredibly tiny! I can only imagine the issue when lots of children are onboard and this is the only area they have to play in. There were no counselors, the room was freezing cold(yes it was 19 degrees out, hence all the reason more for heat to be in the room), and there was a sink and a soap dispenser. Glad I stumbled upon this atrocity. If a line is touting that they accommodate children, it should do a better job than this. I guess our son will have to go on RCI or Carnival to be better accommodated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NCL doesn't cater to the under 3 crowd. There are no drop off programs, no nurseries, and no pools for diapered children. However, I've found their children's programs to be top notch. I wouldn't sail NCL with a one year old. Some of RCCL ships have nurseries, as does DCL.

Oh, sorry to hear about that! We were quite pleased with the guppies room, toys and activities on the epic. Guess it varies a lot from ship to ship. Anyone know what it is like on the Dawn? Just booked it for next year when DS will be 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that a nursery, or simply a place parents can take their kids to play?

It just looked like a place for parents to bring their kids, and to play with them. But it was SO small. When we went in there, there were 4 adults and a 1 & 2 year old and it felt super crowded. Imagine if they're packed with the under 3 set? I just thought it would have been a bit bigger to accommodate them.

NCL doesn't cater to the under 3 crowd. There are no drop off programs, no nurseries, and no pools for diapered children. However, I've found their children's programs to be top notch. I wouldn't sail NCL with a one year old. Some of RCCL ships have nurseries, as does DCL.

We will be taking RCI, however, the itineraries for next year are not out yet ;(. Just waiting to plan.

Oh, sorry to hear about that! We were quite pleased with the guppies room, toys and activities on the epic. Guess it varies a lot from ship to ship. Anyone know what it is like on the Dawn? Just booked it for next year when DS will be 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My son was 2.5 last year on the Dawn and we lived in the guppies room! They were open most of the day except for when they were setting up for an activity.. They did some "Organized" activities twice a day, but for the most part it was unstaffed and just a great place to let them play with lots of toys out etc... This was a 12 night cruise, so there weren't a ton of little ones but we got to know 4 other families that we saw there regularly. It wasn't a huge room, but had a big window, was bright, cheerful, padded and had a baby gate...

When we were on the Gem we couldn't get my son to go to the turtles program at all (3 and 3 months) I was really dissapointed with the staff we interacted with, she wasn't warm or even friendly at all, and when he started fussing when he figured out I wasn't coming in with him, she didnt even interact with him, just told me, well he's going to have to want to go in on his own... Not very helpful... I wished we could still use the guppies room to at least have access to toys!!

My son was 2.5 last year on the Dawn and we lived in the guppies room! They were open most of the day except for when they were setting up for an activity.. They did some "Organized" activities twice a day, but for the most part it was unstaffed and just a great place to let them play with lots of toys out etc... This was a 12 night cruise, so there weren't a ton of little ones but we got to know 4 other families that we saw there regularly. It wasn't a huge room, but had a big window, was bright, cheerful, padded and had a baby gate...

When we were on the Gem we couldn't get my son to go to the turtles program at all (3 and 3 months) I was really dissapointed with the staff we interacted with, she wasn't warm or even friendly at all, and when he started fussing when he figured out I wasn't coming in with him, she didnt even interact with him, just told me, well he's going to have to want to go in on his own... Not very helpful... I wished we could still use the guppies room to at least have access to toys!!

Thanks for the info on Dawn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info on Dawn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are pics from the trip, you might have to wade through a bunch, but there quite a few of the Dawn guppies room, and this album is all the Dawn...

https://plus.google.com/photos/106568388803109154188/albums/6011630855894452849