Transfer booking from NCL direct to a Travel Agent

LMaxwell

What are the rules / parameters on transferring a booking made direct with NCL to a travel agent? This is my first booking with NCL. I booked directly but am interested in transferring to a travel agent if I can get additional OBC or perks from them; as long as I keep the perks given to me by NCL as well.

This is how i normally handle bookings with other cruise lines; book direct and flip to an agent for additional benefits but no idea how it works with NCL. Thanks

OP, hope you don't mind me tagging along on your thread. I was just about to start my own.

Having read the reservation transfer FAQs and reviewing the form, does anyone out there have experience transferring to a big box TA or online agency? I'm wondering what to put in these fields:

Travel Agency Name: ******.com?

Travel Agent Name:

Travel Agency Phone Number: 800 #?

Also, if the deposit was paid by future cruise reward, would that transfer?

Thanks!

Edited by AWENINAZ

OP, hope you don't mind me tagging along on your thread. I was just about to start my own.

Having read the reservation transfer FAQs and reviewing the form, does anyone out there have experience transferring to a big box TA or online agency? I'm wondering what to put in these fields:

Travel Agency Name: ******.com?

Travel Agent Name:

Travel Agency Phone Number: 800 #?

Also, if the deposit was paid by future cruise reward, would that transfer?

Thanks!

Just contact your TA. Any good one will be familiar with NCL's transfer process. If they want the transfer, they'll tell you exactly how to compete the form. My future cruise reward transferred.

I CAN NOT recommend making the transfer often enough. I booked direct with NCL, was induced to make an upgrade with an offer of an additional $200 OBC, received a confirmation listing the credit, still never received it once onboard.

No one should book with NCL direct - any issues will be resolved on NCL's timeline, at NCL's choice, with no explanation.

I CAN NOT recommend making the transfer often enough. I booked direct with NCL, was induced to make an upgrade with an offer of an additional $200 OBC, received a confirmation listing the credit, still never received it once onboard.

No one should book with NCL direct - any issues will be resolved on NCL's timeline, at NCL's choice, with no explanation.

See mu post on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2161275

I'm upset with the PCC and mad at myself because I was trying to do this all at the 11th hour over the weekend before the promo expired. I wanted to get my reservation cancelled so I could immediately rebook with the TA using the FCR, but the PCC said it would take a few days for the FCR to be back in my account but he assured me that the January promo was being extended with the same $200 OBC offer, which I asked about specifically because I read on another thread here that the OBC would be lowered with Freestyle Choice Plus. CC was right. So now since my reservation still appears to not be cancelled on NCL.com, I'm attempting to get it transferred to the TA. It's a real mess and I think it's just a sign I should just cancel the whole thing.

I know from my last cruise that this PCC really wants the credit, and I'm sure with the technical difficulties over the weekend, on top of working on Super Bowl Sunday, he was probably stressed. Again, I'm upset with both of us.

I'm upset with the PCC and mad at myself because I was trying to do this all at the 11th hour over the weekend before the promo expired. I wanted to get my reservation cancelled so I could immediately rebook with the TA using the FCR, but the PCC said it would take a few days for the FCR to be back in my account but he assured me that the January promo was being extended with the same $200 OBC offer, which I asked about specifically because I read on another thread here that the OBC would be lowered with Freestyle Choice Plus. CC was right. So now since my reservation still appears to not be cancelled on NCL.com, I'm attempting to get it transferred to the TA. It's a real mess and I think it's just a sign I should just cancel the whole thing.

I know from my last cruise that this PCC really wants the credit, and I'm sure with the technical difficulties over the weekend, on top of working on Super Bowl Sunday, he was probably stressed. Again, I'm upset with both of us.

A cancel and rebook is not a good option. With a transfer you retain all the perks you have with the NCL booking and add on anything the TA offers you. You don't risk losing the cabin you picked out, or risk the chance of a rate change or the expiration of a promo. Your FCC transfers with the booking, so you don't have to deal with it taking days to find it's way back to your account.

You should not have wanted your reservation cancelled. That was the root of the problem. You wanted it transferred, not cancelled. Transferring would keep your FCR intact, not returned to account.

I'm going to start shopping T/A's to see who wants to "buy" my reservation.

I expect my price, perks, and cabin to remain exactly as originally booked.

3 people - Escape - Balcony Cabin - Free Ultimate Bev Package for guests one and two. 3rd in room sails for only taxes and fees. With taxes, fees, and insurance (purchased through NCL) it is around $2500.

With that sort of cost what sort of offers should I expect from a T/A? I won't go through the hassle for $25 OBC...

Should I have a target of $100 OBC? $200 OBC? Free specialty dinner?

We booked directly through NCL and didn't have any problems. We received all of the bonus we were supposed to get (OBC, free upgrade and kids sale free). Of course now I can't help but wonder if we could have scored even a better deal with a TA.

Going to follow this thread so I know which route to take next time... :)

I'm going to start shopping T/A's to see who wants to "buy" my reservation.

I expect my price, perks, and cabin to remain exactly as originally booked.

3 people - Escape - Balcony Cabin - Free Ultimate Bev Package for guests one and two. 3rd in room sails for only taxes and fees. With taxes, fees, and insurance (purchased through NCL) it is around $2500.

With that sort of cost what sort of offers should I expect from a T/A? I won't go through the hassle for $25 OBC...

Should I have a target of $100 OBC? $200 OBC? Free specialty dinner?

To give you an idea:

My TA gives me OBC somewhere around 5% of the commissionable fare which means that it does not include the port fees and taxes and I assume the insurance. In addition, if the TA sets up a group for a cruise, I get some of the OBC the TA is given by NCL.

With that sort of cost what sort of offers should I expect from a T/A?

Around $150 off the entire booking, I'd say, in the form of a discount/rebate or OBC.

Well, I feel like I've lost years off my life, but I managed to get my reservation transferred over with the original January promos intact, My NCL updated, and the TA OBC added (not on My NCL, of course). For the additional $300 OBC I'd say it was worth it--if it actually appears when I'm on the ship!

And maybe since it was a transfer my PCC will even retain the credit for the booking--and hopefully no longer be able to touch it?

So many lessons learned. Thank you all for the info you provided. ;)

Well, I feel like I've lost years off my life, but I managed to get my reservation transferred over with the original January promos intact, My NCL updated, and the TA OBC added (not on My NCL, of course). For the additional $300 OBC I'd say it was worth it--if it actually appears when I'm on the ship!

And maybe since it was a transfer my PCC will even retain the credit for the booking--and hopefully no longer be able to touch it?

So many lessons learned. Thank you all for the info you provided. ;)

It sounds like you encountered issues. Is that so? What trouble did you have? Like I said, only interested to transfer if I keep my rate, my 3rd passenger free, both our promo drink packages, and our current room (or better) PLUS OBC from a T/A.

Was your booking significantly more expensive than my $2500 booking in order to get $300 OBC?

Thanks!!!

Last June I purchased my Sept. cruise thru NCL because it was the last day of a just so-so sale but the price was good. I knew you had 60 days to transfer to a TA but at that time, no one was giving much of anything in the way of perks. I must have looked at twenty on-line sites and called a few for more info. Also, some of them had booking fees and some of them had cancellation fees. I finally found one that was willing to give me an additional $50 OBC, dinner for two and a bottle of wine. Being it was only a few days before the transfer deadline, I transferred my reservation to them. After the transfer, the agent e-mailed me that I would get the OBC but couldn't get the dinners or wine because I only paid $250 deposit to NCL. I,myself, didn't know that was part of the sale when I booked.

Last June I purchased my Sept. cruise thru NCL because it was the last day of a just so-so sale but the price was good. I knew you had 60 days to transfer to a TA but at that time, no one was giving much of anything in the way of perks. I must have looked at twenty on-line sites and called a few for more info. Also, some of them had booking fees and some of them had cancellation fees. I finally found one that was willing to give me an additional $50 OBC, dinner for two and a bottle of wine. Being it was only a few days before the transfer deadline, I transferred my reservation to them. After the transfer, the agent e-mailed me that I would get the OBC but couldn't get the dinners or wine because I only paid $250 deposit to NCL. I,myself, didn't know that was part of the sale when I booked.

I don't understand how the amount of your deposit matters. The deposit goes to NCL, not the TA so why would they care. It just means that you have to pay $250 more at final pay than you would have with a $500 deposit. The TA won't buy the dinners and wine until a few days before your sail, so that can't be the reason.:confused:

Does anyone have any suggestions about which agencies usually offer the best perks? I've contacted 3 of the agencies listed on the Cruise Agencies page of Cruise Critic (American Discount, Avoya, CruCon). So far, I've only actually spoken with Avoya, who offered an additional $50 OBC and $50 off my remaining balance. CruCon said they would get back to me tomorrow with their "offer". I have not heard back from American Discount yet.

Tomorrow, I plan to contact a local Liberty Travel, who I used in my past cruises, but that was 10 years ago.

Thanks.

Does anyone have any suggestions about which agencies usually offer the best perks? I've contacted 3 of the agencies listed on the Cruise Agencies page of Cruise Critic (American Discount, Avoya, CruCon). So far, I've only actually spoken with Avoya, who offered an additional $50 OBC and $50 off my remaining balance. CruCon said they would get back to me tomorrow with their "offer". I have not heard back from American Discount yet.

Tomorrow, I plan to contact a local Liberty Travel, who I used in my past cruises, but that was 10 years ago.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure we can't mention any travel agents here directly, but I used my member's only warehouse club, which got me around $200 of the cost of the cruise and (I think) $50 in OBC.

I have used this warehouse club also, and gotten a discount off the base fare of the cruise plus extra OBC, ( well worth the price of a membership fee ) and on a previous cruise with another TA, got a discount plus OBC and Free Gratuities equal to $168 for two ). That was about the best deal I had. This cruise, the TA I booked with only offered $75 OBCs in addition to the "Choice" package. It just depends on the time of year and the going rate. But, I have always always gotten something extra above and beyond what the cruise line offered.

Edited by punkincc

I usually book directly with NCL to get the promotion that I want and then I transfer it to the warehouse travel company that starts with "cost" and ends in "co" ;).

They have a lower cruise fare than NCL so the savings in the fare in addition to the NCL promotions = works well for me :D. And for the cruise I just booked, I also got a small amount of onboard credit with the transfer.

If I transfer my reservation booked directly with NCL on Saturday to my travel agent (in order to get extra perks), will I loose the promos from my original booking as NCL will only give me a generic answer of "it depends on the travel agent"?

I don't understand how the amount of your deposit matters. The deposit goes to NCL, not the TA so why would they care. It just means that you have to pay $250 more at final pay than you would have with a $500 deposit. The TA won't buy the dinners and wine until a few days before your sail, so that can't be the reason.:confused:

Beats me. I know I was just so tired of checking on-line every day for a good deal and the grace period was over so I just accepted it.