Veendam docking in Hamilton, Bermuda

shrimp56

My pleasure. I've posted it a couple of times in the past when the docking question has come up.

Think HAL will give me some OBC if you book it because of the picture???:D

How about if I make my (potential) booking contingent upon you getting

OBC? :D

I know. We had a stern cabin on the Veendam in Hamilton. But we could turn our heads and see both ways. :p

Now why didn't I think of that?:confused:

Does that mean Linda Blair (the Exorcist) could get a 360 degree view? :D:D

99.99% of time the ship will be lying starboard alongside... a number of reasons. There is one small patch of ground and over by the Flagpole and would try to keep the propellers away from that area... so.... starboard alongside. Maintenance is not an issue because a barge with cherry picker is hired for painting purposes.

VEENDAM was ALWAYS docked at port side alongside No 6 Dock. Not the present VEENDAM.... the 'OLD' VEENDAM in the 1970s/80s. ;)

Right now... not concerned. I am sitting in my balcony watching the horizon as we head into San Juan this morning. Beautiful day at sea. Even better sitting on board EURODAM. Last week a week in Nw AMSTERDAM. BOTH beautiful ships!

Stephen

99.99% of time the ship will be lying starboard alongside... a number of reasons. There is one small patch of ground and over by the Flagpole and would try to keep the propellers away from that area... so.... starboard alongside. Maintenance is not an issue because a barge with cherry picker is hired for painting purposes.

VEENDAM was ALWAYS docked at port side alongside No 6 Dock. Not the present VEENDAM.... the 'OLD' VEENDAM in the 1970s/80s. ;)

Right now... not concerned. I am sitting in my balcony watching the horizon as we head into San Juan this morning. Beautiful day at sea. Even better sitting on board EURODAM. Last week a week in Nw AMSTERDAM. BOTH beautiful ships!

Stephen

The master has spoken:) Enjoy your cruise! I love that sail-in to San Juan. It's magic.

The master has spoken:) Enjoy your cruise! I love that sail-in to San Juan. It's magic.

That view coming into San Juan is my wife's favorite. Must say it's quite impressive. Right up there with sailing past the Statue of Liberty.

Where in Bermuda do they grow the sugar cane??

The rum sold by Gosling's of Bermuda and available in liquor stores, grocery stores and restaurants, is not distilled there (there are no rum distilleries in Bermuda) and sugar cane, from which rum is made, is not grown commercially in Bermuda. But it is bottled and blended in Bermuda.

Edited by Langoustine

The rum sold by Gosling's of Bermuda and available in liquor stores, grocery stores and restaurants, is not distilled there (there are no rum distilleries in Bermuda) and sugar cane, from which rum is made, is not grown commercially in Bermuda. But it is bottled and blended in Bermuda.

You got it!

Can be found in a few bars in New York City! Try the Hotel Edison.

While VEENDAM was running to Bermuda Gosling's was in the bars.

Just yesterday evening (EURODAM Pinnacle Bar) I found two cans of Gosling's Bermuda Ginger Beer! Like liquid gold! It is the most important ingredient in Dark 'n Stormy!

Stephen

<snip>

Stephen

I looked for you at sail away. Couldn't see you. :(

Hope your surprise was Wonderful!!! :) Have fun.

All's well on board EURODAM! Nice evening at the Convento.... for a perfect tapas and excellent wine, ;-)

Bit back to VEENDAM and Gosling's Black Seal. The tell bar tenders on EURODAM tells that Black Seal is the standard in all of the HAL ships. Nice to know. But had one can of Goslings gingerbeer and had a dark 'n stormy. One can left. :-( I will be worried. ;-)

Stephen

All's well on board EURODAM! Nice evening at the Convento.... for a perfect tapas and excellent wine, ;-)

Wonderful.

Wish I was there. :) Enjoy.

Hope you sent my greetings. :)

Bit back to VEENDAM and Gosling's Black Seal. The tell bar tenders on EURODAM tells that Black Seal is the standard in all of the HAL ships. Nice to know. But had one can of Goslings gingerbeer and had a dark 'n stormy. One can left. :-( I will be worried. ;-)

Stephen