Veendam docking in Hamilton, Bermuda

shrimp56

Starboard faced the dock and Front Street when we were there in 2011, but I don't know if that's always true.

Thanks! That's one vote for starboard :)

I'm not even sure which I prefer. Water is nice, but Front St. is pretty too.

When trying to guess which side of a ship will face the dock what we do is below .... it's by no means foolproof but more times than not we're right in our choosing a specific port or starboard cabin .

We Google images for the port we're interested in ... for example "images port of Hamilton Bermuda" and start looking at as many photos as we can. The more pictures the better and then go with the trend in what we see.

When are you sailing? I think this may make a difference. In the summer months the side that faces the buildings gets quite a bit of noise from loud music and partying from goings on the bars etc. do there until quite late. I guess this might be okay if you go out and participate. I thought the peacefulness of the water side was wonderful!

We bought Bermuda rum at the Front St. liquor store and we had the option of a plastic bottle. This was to take home. Then I wondered: Where in Bermuda do they grow the sugar cane?? h-m-m-m. It was a gift so I don't know how it tasted but I think I brought back some on spring break in 1963. ( no. we still don't have it):)

Poster topsham who lives in Bermuda posted recently that starboard faces front street. When I took my cruise to bermuda starboard faced front street.

I believe he was once Harbormaster in Hamilton so he likely would know. :)

I remember when he made the post you reference.

We sailed on 2 other cruise lines to Bermuda out of New York and the starboard side faced Front Street.

We were on port side and a couple of times we watched the small sail boat races from our verandah.

That sounds cool!

We docked in Hamilton on Zenith, starboard side, and the RCCL ship in front of us was also starboard. But you will still have a great view from port side. EM

Same for us when we sailed Zenith to Bermuda for NYC. :)

NICE photo. Makes me want to book a Veendam Bermuda cruise. :)

Thanks for posting the picture.

My pleasure. I've posted it a couple of times in the past when the docking question has come up.

Think HAL will give me some OBC if you book it because of the picture???:D