Excited

yorky

Well we have just booked our first cruise with Celebrity, a 13 night Carribbean on the Eclipse in November. We have cruised with Thomson, RC, Princess, and Cunard in the past. Just the cheapest inside 12 grade cabin but we are both very excited and hopefully it lives up to many of the great reviews the ship receives.

Happy days.

Our 1st cruise back in 2005 I think was on an old Carnival ship, with a super cheesy itinerary from Los Angeles to a few ports in Mexico and back. In-laws bought it off their friends who won it at a charity event!! We had the cheapest of rooms. 1 of the Ports in Mexico reported it had the "worlds largest geyser!!" It was super cheesey, it made it comical,lol Did we have a terrible time? Hell no, we had a blast. Had a lot of laughs and a relaxing time. No such thing as a bad cruise! Enjoy

Are you on the Thanksgiving cruise? We'll be on that one. We love this ship. It'll be our third time on Eclipse and we've sailed 3 times on Equinox, a sister ship.

This is a great itinerary and we love all the ports. There is no way you won't have a fabulous time!!

If you want to upgrade, you might be able to do that if the prices drop and it's allowable to you, noticing you're not from the US. I know the "rules" are sometimes different. We keep looking up until final payment and if prices go down we claim them, or we upgrade. The first time we upgraded we went from a Concierge to a suite for LESS money. You never know.

I echo above advice about watching prices up to final payment date, and if they drop, ask to upgrade - this usually works even in UK, if you booked via travel agent ask them, and if you booked direct with celebrity call them, dont be afraid to ask! You should be excited, lovely ships!!! :D

Well we have just booked our first cruise with Celebrity, a 13 night Carribbean on the Eclipse in November. We have cruised with Thomson, RC, Princess, and Cunard in the past. Just the cheapest inside 12 grade cabin but we are both very excited and hopefully it lives up to many of the great reviews the ship receives.

Happy days.

Good choice.

Go with the intent of enjoying your cruise and it will be great.

We are not normally fans of the big ships but would cruise on the Celebrity S ships again:). (and again and again.....):D

Hi Yorky,

I noticed we have similar user names on this board. I am from Yorkshire originally, hence the Yorki.

I am also very excited, we have just booked our first Celebrity cruise, Eclipse 10 January 2016 from Miami.

Have fun!!

Are you on the Thanksgiving cruise? We'll be on that one. We love this ship. It'll be our third time on Eclipse and we've sailed 3 times on Equinox, a sister ship.

This is a great itinerary and we love all the ports. There is no way you won't have a fabulous time!!

If you want to upgrade, you might be able to do that if the prices drop and it's allowable to you, noticing you're not from the US. I know the "rules" are sometimes different. We keep looking up until final payment and if prices go down we claim them, or we upgrade. The first time we upgraded we went from a Concierge to a suite for LESS money. You never know.

We booked direct with Celebrity cruise only and took the last cabin in that cat so I'm not sure if we would have anywhere to go with upgrades and sadly we don't seem to get the same deals regarding prices going down in the UK as our American cousins. We have visited most of those ports before and like yourself we love them, never had a cruise we have not loved in truth, you can't beat standing on deck watching the waves go by.