What toiletries are supplied on the Epic?

AandBmom

This is my first NCL cruise. On Carnival there used to always be a little welcome basket in the bathroom with a sample razor, little travel packs of lotion, etc. Then in the shower they had a shampoo dispenser and a body wash dispenser.

On RCI last year they didn't have much in the way of samples but I seem to recall shampoo and conditioner or body wash.

What am I likely to find on the Epic next week? We have a family inside and an extended family balcony if that matters.

This is my first NCL cruise. On Carnival there used to always be a little welcome basket in the bathroom with a sample razor, little travel packs of lotion, etc. Then in the shower they had a shampoo dispenser and a body wash dispenser.

On RCI last year they didn't have much in the way of samples but I seem to recall shampoo and conditioner or body wash.

What am I likely to find on the Epic next week? We have a family inside and an extended family balcony if that matters.

Zero samples of anything. You will have liquid soap at the sink and liquid body wash in the shower. Also liquid shampoo/conditioner mixture in the shower. It's horrible so if you are picky at all about your hair, bring your own.

Zero samples of anything. You will have liquid soap at the sink and liquid body wash in the shower. Also liquid shampoo/conditioner mixture in the shower. It's horrible so if you are picky at all about your hair, bring your own.

Thanks for your answer. Just to clarify, the shampoo and conditioner are actually mixed into one? So like a 2 in 1? I'm not picky usually but I find 2 in 1s don't work so I will pack mini ones of my own.

Thanks.

Thanks for your answer. Just to clarify, the shampoo and conditioner are actually mixed into one? So like a 2 in 1? I'm not picky usually but I find 2 in 1s don't work so I will pack mini ones of my own.

Thanks.

Yes, it's a 2 in 1 and it's pretty bad

You will have liquid soap at the sink and liquid body wash in the shower. Also liquid shampoo/conditioner mixture in the shower. It's horrible so if you are picky at all about your hair, bring your own.

I could have sworn there was body wash and liquid soap in the shower and not shampoo. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what the difference was.

I'm not sure the shampoo was even 2-in-1. Our dispenser on the Epic (sailed a few weeks ago) just said shampoo. It wasn't great, but if you're picky, it's available.

And yes, liquid hand soap by the sink and shower gel, in addition to shampoo, in the showers. That was for balconies, but I think all rooms have all three. Suites may have more options, but I know you weren't asking about suites.

My studio cabin on the Epic 1/25 sailing had two dispensers in the shower, one marked shampoo, which I never used, and the other marked body wash, which I did use. No other freebies like small tubes of toothpaste or sample sized mouthwash or deodorant, none.

Perhaps suite or Haven cruisers might find some amenities in their cabins?

Re: liquid soap at the sink. We are boarding March 8th and I usually bring my own bottle of Soft Soap when I cruise. Should I still take mine, or is what they supply good enough?

This is the set up in a studio cabin, but I'm sure the dispensers are the same in most of the cabins. You can see the liquid soap container is hanging on the right hand side of the sink.

IMG_0009-1.jpg

Edited by Sauer-kraut

This is the set up in a studio cabin, but I'm sure the dispensers are the same in most of the cabins. You can see the liquid soap container is hanging on the right hand side of the sink.

IMG_0009-1.jpg

Thanks. I'll be bringing my own as usual. :)