Bringing formula on board

sunset785

We are traveling in March with our then almost 8 month old on the Enchantment of the Seas. We are doing a mix of breastmilk and formula. Is it ok to premix a few bottles of formula and bring them on in a cooler? I feel like at some point on here I have seen that it has to be sealed or not mixed up when you go through TSA before boarding. I don't want to have to toss anything extra because we all know how expensive formula is! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunset785

By law TSA is not allowed to dispose of breast milk or formula in any US airport. I've been on 7 flights, one international, in the past year since mine was a month old and they only put the bottles in a machine for testing and/or swab the outside. When you have a baby or toddler your allowed water, juices and milk on board for your child. What worked easiest for me is using powdered formula in premeasured amounts, while carrying 2-3 bottles of purified water so i mixed as needed. It doesn't have to be sealed cause at times I went through with a half eaten bottle. Nobody took anything from us.

Now this past thanksgiving we flew with small bottles of cows milk and it's the same. Bring what you need for your child! They have to eat too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by aeshaunua

There is no TSA on the ship...liquids aren't a problem, unless it's booze!

If you're flying, you are allowed to bring formula onboard the plane! Although, if you're breastfeeding...it's much easier to just do that, and not worry about bottles and formula!

Edited by cb at sea

Sorry I wasn't clear... We are driving only a few hours away. Ok, so is security going to let us on with no problem? I may mix just one and bring one bottle of breastmilk as well. I have to supplement with formula so NOT bringing it is not a choice.

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest bringing the prepackaged bottles. We did that for our LO when we cruised with her at 13 months. I wasn't sure if the ship would have whole milk, so I brought the larger bottles of Similar, and tossed the unused portion after it expired in an hour.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry I wasn't clear... We are driving only a few hours away. Ok, so is security going to let us on with no problem? I may mix just one and bring one bottle of breastmilk as well. I have to supplement with formula so NOT bringing it is not a choice.

TSA is only at the airport. The cruise line doesn't care if you bring infant formula onboard. We just did it with my granddaughter....took it pre-mixed in a cooler when we boarded.

The ship security doesn't care about baby formula. They are looking for weapons and the like.

Edited by Marie51