ATM on Regatta?

possumpete

Is there one on board and if so is it US$ it delivers? Thanks.

Sorry, no. Don't believe there are any ATM's on any cruise ships. They would have to be connected to the internet at all times which is a near impossibility on cruise ships and would really slow down the internet speeds for everyone.

Sorry, no. Don't believe there are any ATM's on any cruise ships. They would have to be connected to the internet at all times which is a near impossibility on cruise ships and would really slow down the internet speeds for everyone.

Sorry Dave, you missed that one.

There are ATM's on Carnival, Princess and Norwegian Cruise ships, to name at least three, and now that Oceania is no longer willing to negotiate Personal Checks for its' passengers at the Front Desk, I'm wondering if ATM's will be added.

ATM's are not on Oceania ships as yet, but with Travelers Checks so old fashioned, it seems as though a void needs to be filled.

Edited by StanandJim

Sorry Dave, you missed that one.

There are ATM's on Carnival, Princess and Norwegian Cruise ships, to name at least three, and now that Oceania is no longer willing to negotiate Personal Checks for its' passengers at the Front Desk, I'm wondering if ATM's will be added.

ATM's are not on Oceania ships as yet, but with Travelers Checks so old fashioned, it seems as though a void needs to be filled.

Thanks for the correction Jim. Didn't know that and if you notice, I was not definitive in my previous post, said I believe.

Any idea how they keep the necessary connection to the internet?? Guess the ATM's work intermittently just like TV and passenger internet connections as the satellite signal is lost and regained.

Or, do the ATM's not require internet which I find difficult to believe since no way to verify password, available funds in bank/credit union, or provide receipt with available balance???