Quick Editing Question

DaisyUK

I just noticed a spelling error in one of my posts earlier today and wanted to correct it. I seem to remember an 'edit' button, but try as I may, I cannot find it. Am I blind, or has this facility been discontinued?

The Edit Button only stays at the bottom of a Post for about twenty minutes after you put the Post up, then it disappears....and you're stuck with the Post as it is, FOREVER :eek:

When I type on my tablet or phone, with my fat fingers, I make more typos than a million monkeys trying to type Shakespeare. I find using the "Preview Post" button first, before hitting "Submit", very helpful. Now, if only my proofreading skills were better :o.

When I type on my tablet or phone, with my fat fingers, I make more typos than a million monkeys trying to type Shakespeare. I find using the "Preview Post" button first, before hitting "Submit", very helpful. Now, if only my proofreading skills were better :o.

Does your tablet not have an auto-correct feature (or underlining of misspelled words)?

Turned off, because it kept coming up with imaginative interpretations.

I find my desktop (HP) option of underlining the misspelled words (with several correct options to choose from) better than my iPad that wants to choose the words for me (I guess this is what you are referring to).

I find my desktop (HP) option of underlining the misspelled words (with several correct options to choose from) better than my iPad that wants to choose the words for me (I guess this is what you are referring to).

Yep -- I use a Surface Pro 3 at home, and the correction is excellent. Any typos I make with that are my fault! But, my tablet is an Android Galaxy Note 8, about the size of an iPad Mini (my wife has an iPad, and I despise it). My phone is a Moto G, great inexpensive phone, but with a tiny onscreen keyboard and every other word is wrong, both my fault and the phone's. Spellcheck doesn't catch bit when I meant but, or rear when I meant read.

Just try working in two languages Don! The predictive text thinks I am writing in English when I write in French and vice versa! Quelle m.... !

Being a Brit, displaced for the past 36 years, I still think in English and struggle writing American :rolleyes: