FLL hotel like MIA "bayside area"

MrsWhite831

My husband and I stay at the Intercontinental Miami when we cruise out of POM. We fly into FLL and take the train/tram. We love that there are places to walk to- inexpensive restaurants, drugstores for last minute cruise stuff... This year we're taking our kids (3,3 & 6). I think we'd save money staying in FLL but want the same conveniences we have in Miami. Is there a hotel that's like that and reasonably priced?? Bonus points for one with a hotel shuttle :p

Thanks!!!

I can't find the spot to edit my post above.

If you don't have a suggestion that meets the requirements... do you know of at least a hotel where we can order pizza at night, maybe a continental breakfast and that will have an airport shuttle ;)

Agree with your description, the Embassy Suites or even Hyatt Place ( which sits nearby off 17th St) would be perfect for you. No beach in view, but a trolley runs there as well as to other parts of the area. Water taxi is nice, but can be pretty costly for a larger family.

Valuetrips is a great place to get Hyatt Place at a great rate. A lot of CC members use them for booking. They include airport shuttle and breakfast. It is the Hyatt Place in Ft. Lauderdale near the port.

Another budget option in the same area is Holiday Inn Express SE 17th St.

Valuetrips is a great place to get Hyatt Place at a great rate. A lot of CC members use them for booking. They include airport shuttle and breakfast. It is the Hyatt Place in Ft. Lauderdale near the port.

Another budget option in the same area is Holiday Inn Express SE 17th St.

I checked it out and hyatt place is the deal of the day. However, they're only taking reservations until December and we need 1/9/16

I checked it out and hyatt place is the deal of the day. However, they're only taking reservations until December and we need 1/9/16

Wait to book. You are way to early. Especially on discounted sites. Valuetrips.com won't publish rates for 2016 for many months. You have lots of time to research the city area.;)

For now, book something that you don't have to prepay that you can cancel. January is a busy time, and a room in the port neighborhood will start at about $250 now, and will likely be higher if you wait. Keep checking Valuetrips...they have blackout dates, so you'll have to wait and see if they have your dates available.