Tell me where you want the Princess ships to go...Princess is asking ME!?

Commodore Suzy

Any way, we decided on Australia/New Zealand, Asia/Austrialia/New Zealand, Hawaii/South Pacific, etc. etc. You have the idea--that part of the world on a decent cruise. The ideal would be round trip from the states, but Princess doesn't seem to have that itinerary. When I did find an itinerary that interested me in the catalogue I received today, I went to the pricing and found that it is sold out in April of 2007.

That's the tough thing about cruising to a point so far from the U.S. There really doesn't seem to be any options that don't involve flying at least one way. There is no way I could tolerate a flight of that long, and therefore Australia/New Zealand is pretty much inaccessible to me right now. The only other options that would go that far and back would be either a World Cruise or a Grand Circle Pacific type of itinerary. Those itineraries require lots of time ... 60+ days or more ... and therefore are not an option available to me at this point in my life.

Guess I'll have to wait until I retire to see this part of the world ... either that or wait until technology improves sufficiently that ships can make a speed sufficient to render a round trip cruise to this part of the world merely a 25 or 30-day affair.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I'd like to see the Pacific Princess doing some of the smaller caribbean islands that they don't go to now and maybe doing several that are adult only. It would also be nice if they had long hours in the ports or maybe two days at a port. (And I wish we had a port in Colorado, but Princess has no control over nature :D )

Sadly, I doubt you'll ever see a U.S.-based cruise line offer adults only cruises. Too much money to be made in the family market.

Now, maybe a group that runs a cruise aboard ship that is adult-only is a possibility. But that would have to be a full ship charter ... or else what would be the point? There could be loads of kids on the ship from families who didn't book the sailing through the "adults only" group.

For now, I think the only way to maximize your chances of getting essentially an adults only cruise is to book during periods when the kids are in school. While you'll always get some kids on those sailings, at least the boat won't be overrun with them.

Blue skies ...

--rita

It's possible to do some cruises that are adult only. There are cruises that do end up with no children on board and they seem to make money off of those. If Princess wants to know what we want then we need to tell them and that is what is on my wish list.

• 3 months later...
It's possible to do some cruises that are adult only. There are cruises that do end up with no children on board and they seem to make money off of those. If Princess wants to know what we want then we need to tell them and that is what is on my wish list.

It's on our wish list, too.

We want to travel during holidays and school breaks, but without the kids.

I love hearing about Companies that listen to their customers!

I will first admit that I have not read all the pages in this thread, so please forgive me if I'm repeating someone elses idea.

The couple of E/W Caribbean cruises I've been on with Princess have had a sea day at the beginning, and then the end, and then port,port,port,port in the middle. In order to get off the boat, (especially with the new larger tenders that they are using in Mexico), you have to be ready to go by 6:30/7:15. By time I get done with 4 straight days of fighting the tenders, I'm ready for another vacation.

I'd like to see some of their itinaries changed so that they go

sea, port,port,sea,port,sea.

I understand that two sea days in a row is a problem for lots of people (I happen to enjoy it), but 4 days in a row in port is too much for me.

I know that I don't have to get off the boat when it is port, but the boat feels different when it is almost empty...kind of spooky almost. Plus, when you are at sea, there is always lots going on (art auctions....see other thread), and in port you just kind of sit there.... Oh well, my 2 cents.

I love hearing about Companies that listen to their customers!

I will first admit that I have not read all the pages in this thread, so please forgive me if I'm repeating someone elses idea.

The couple of E/W Caribbean cruises I've been on with Princess have had a sea day at the beginning, and then the end, and then port,port,port,port in the middle. In order to get off the boat, (especially with the new larger tenders that they are using in Mexico), you have to be ready to go by 6:30/7:15. By time I get done with 4 straight days of fighting the tenders, I'm ready for another vacation.

I'd like to see some of their itinaries changed so that they go

sea, port,port,sea,port,sea.

I understand that two sea days in a row is a problem for lots of people (I happen to enjoy it), but 4 days in a row in port is too much for me.

I know that I don't have to get off the boat when it is port, but the boat feels different when it is almost empty...kind of spooky almost. Plus, when you are at sea, there is always lots going on (art auctions....see other thread), and in port you just kind of sit there.... Oh well, my 2 cents.

I think I'd want to avoid a cruise like that too. 4 ports in 4 days and they are all tender ports. No thanks. Luckily we've never encountered more than 1 tender port per cruise.

Bill

instead of Sun.

We always want to take a 10-12 day South Caribbean cruise from FLL, but are discouraged by Sun.

Also why do they make Caribbean going all East and Star going all West, instead of East/West on each of them and just alternate the week ? Would love to do a 14-day East/West but hate the hassle to change ship.

Agree on too many Panama sailings.

i agree, we need more 10 day caribbean cruises southern and eastern w/ some new stops, IMHP they can keep the western itinerary most people just like the caymans anyway, we dont even leave the ship in jamaica.

We need newer ships doing these 10days the sun is getting boring, i love to do more 10 days, less kids and spring breakers and more relaxing:D

And why doesnt princess put a max amount of kids aloud? We were on the star in march, wow i felt i was in college again the ship was ran by college breakers drinking and puking, i think we had like 600 on that ship.

okay i sound like i am an old biddy but i am not i just want to relax on my vacation:cool:

I want this HAL itinerary on Princess. I'd love to go to Tahiti without flying there or back.....

0 San Diego, California 5:00 pm

1 At Sea

2 At Sea

3 At Sea

4 At Sea

5 Hilo, Hawaii, United States 10:00 am 9:00 pm

6 Kona, Hawaii 1 7:00 am 7:00 pm

7 Lahaina, Maui 1 7:00 am 11:00 pm

8 Honolulu, Oahu, United States 2 7:00 am

9 Honolulu, Oahu, United States Midnight

10 Kauai, Hawaii 1 7:00 am 4:00 pm

11 At Sea

12 At Sea

13 Crossing The Equator 3 7:00 am 8:00 am

14 At Sea

15 At Sea

16 Raiatea, French Polynesia 1 7:00 am 6:00 pm

17 Bora Bora, French Polynesia 2 7:00 am

18 Bora Bora, French Polynesia 1 6:00 pm

19 Papeete, Tahiti, French Polyne 2 7:00 am

20 Papeete, Tahiti, French Polyne 5:00 am

20 Moorea, French Polynesia 1 7:00 am 6:00 pm

21 At Sea

22 At Sea

23 Nuku Hiva, Marquesas 1 7:00 am 6:00 pm

24 At Sea

25 At Sea

26 At Sea

27 At Sea

28 At Sea

29 At Sea

30 San Diego, California 8:00 am

CruiseJunky: I would go absolutely :eek: MENTAL:eek: if I spent 30 days on a ship!!!

But on a more constructive note... I just did four port days in a row and it is waaay too much for a 7 day cruise IMHO. My heart's desire is to do Hawaii or Polynesia but the airfare makes the Caribbean a no brainer. I actually love the Caribbean but the hurricane possibility looms all summer when the kids can cruise. Last summer we made it back to Galveston three days before Katrina and our hotel was hit bad by Rita- too close for comfort when you consider the $$$ I shell out for every aspect of the vacation!

I do not think the OP is asking for this information anymore. This thread started in August 30, 2005. There is a stocky on top of this page that Host Caroline has started.

marilyn

Summer cruises to New England/Canada--I want to do that with my aunt who lives in Mass., but Princess only goes there in the fall! More cruises from the west coast since I'm in Arizona, and I agree, I'd like longer cruises to nowhere (love those sea days) from the west coast.

Doodie

I'll just agree with what some of the other replies have said...I would like longer time in some of the bigger European port cities.

I would also like to see a Middle East cruise (maybe just one a year) that includes Lebanon, Israel, and Alexandria (with an excursion to Cairo), and then cruises the Suez Canal. Then on to to the East Coast of mainland Egypt with a stop in Hurghada or Safaga (basically someplace allowing for an excursion to Luxor). Then up to the Sinai with a stop at Sharm-el-Sheikh, then Aqaba (Jordan) then around the AP to Dubai (with maybe a stop in Oman and even Yemen?). This cruise is done by some companies now, but I don't think by Princess. Anyway, they can really start it anywhere in Europe (Italy, Greece, Turkey) or even in Beirut. And they can end in Dubai or even go on to India and end there to meet up with one of their Asia cruises.

Just dreaming out loud here. :)

How about a "Round the North Atlantic" cruise out of New York? It could go to Bermuda, the Azores, Lisbon, Ireland, Scotland, Iceland, Greenland, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and back to New York? Regent offers a "Round the Pacific" cruise out of Los Angeles, why not a similar Atlantic cruise?

I recently started a post about the 2007 Hawaii and So. Pacific itineraries that were just announced and got all excited when I noticed the Pacific Princess was going to end up in Vancouver in early June. This made me put into that post a link to this one...wondering out loud if they had listened to me / us last fall when we requested a longer RT Alaska cruise from Seattle or Vancouver. Still can't wait to see the Alaska announcements.

In the meantime, I didn't even realize this had been refreshed and was garnering more great ideas! mii...never fear. I still have contact with the Regional Sales Manager at Princess. I'll email her and tell her to check out this thread AGAIN. You guys have posted PAGES since I was here last.

Peter Radcliffe is no longer the Prez of Princess, so anyone asking for his email, don't bother with that now.

Celebrity DOES have some adults-only cruises Donna and gillianrose. Only a few per year, and they sell out fast. You should let your TA know if you're interested.

How about a "Round the North Atlantic" cruise out of New York? It could go to Bermuda, the Azores, Lisbon, Ireland, Scotland, Iceland, Greenland, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and back to New York? Regent offers a "Round the Pacific" cruise out of Los Angeles, why not a similar Atlantic cruise?

Dolphins...QE2 does a pretty good RT Southampton one that comes all the way to NY. I realize that doesn't help US with the airfare though! LOL!

And whom wanted to go to the other side of the world on a fast ship? You can do QM2's "Around the World in 80 Days", but MAN, there are SOOO few stops on that one. I love sea days, but I couldn't do that one.

George.... I TOTALLY agree. Too many ports in a row is exhausting. I noticed that a lot of the Caribbean sailings are just too port intensive for me! I'd love it if they zig-zagged across the caribbean better so some sea days were mixed in with the port days. :) On my recent Grand Princess cruise from Galveston we had four ports in 6 days, but I only got off the ship two times, well-spaced. Perfect for me. My hubby did a scuba dive in the other two so he actually got off the ship all four ports. This made us both very happy (because he's a port guy and I'm a lover of the sea days).

One more thing about the request for longer cruises from Galveston to help out us in the Western US....Good idea. BUT, you know, I was dying to go on the Grand from Galveston since it was announced in 2003. I thought how WONDERFUL that would be to just fly from CA to TX instead of FL. And I did this cruise without any added days in hotels. Now THAT was cool. However, it's a long way from IAH (Houston Bush Int'l Airport) to Galveston. And the transfers SUCKED. (Excuse my french.) I'm not entirely sure a 3-hour flight and a 2-hour transfer to Galveston really IS better than a 5-hour flight to Florida. I do realize that any Florida departure is going to make a mandatory pre-cruise hotel night for me, but I'm not really sure that is such a bad thing after doing the Grand. Don't get me wrong - I loved the Grand itself and the service, and my overall cruise experience - but Galveston cruises being the saviour of all of us in the Western half of the USA. I don't know about that anymore....;) It's great for those that can drive to it and wouldn't cruise anyway (don't fly), but I'm not going to talk about it like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread anymore like I used to!

Gotta go look for Host Caroline's survey now.... wonder if I can still find it. ;) (I tend to just post on my roll calls and onto big posts I've created -like the announcing of the new itineraries-by linking directly to those posts through a shortcut. I rarely see the whole message board!)

Cheers!

Think someone mentioned but it would be nice to have the Hawaiian Islands all year round...... mMybe Honolulu to Pacific Islands back to all the Hawaiian Islands...ending in Honolulu. The air fares return to Honolulu would be more reasonable from US/Canada.....then to Tahiti.Say a 14 day cruise:)

Guest caribcruzin

I vote for something other than the Sun or Dawn doing the 10 day Southern Caribbean. Have been on them both...doing the Sun again Oct 31, but would like to see a Grand Class Ship doing a 10 day.

Archived