Bathroom amenities

caribsun

On the Splendor 2 weeks ago I didn't even notice.

I bring my own supplies so I don't even remember looking to see if there were any freebies in the bath.

I probably would noticed if I had forgotten anything, like my razor or tooth brush and I were looking for those items.

How do you know this?

John Heald has addressed the issue a number of times. I work with companies like Palmolive and Colgate and have been told that their free samples are very sparse and few between.

Although OP intention was not to be smart, I can see how some could take it that way with the "Carnival Cutback" comment. That's the problem with text sometimes. It can be taken a number of ways, and Carnival Cutback does get used for everything lately on here when someone experiences something negative.

I never got worked up about the samples or lack there of, but I understood they were samples from companies and not items Carnival purchased for me. I thought I was in the majority group with that thought but clearly I was not.

I don't understand why people get worked up even a little if there are items in their bathroom or not. I just read a trip report where someone listed lack of items in the bathroom under the bad experiences of the cruise. I guess I don't understand how something like a lack of kotex and nasal strip samples even makes it on the radar of what is a good or bad vacation experience. :confused:

Edited by YorN

On our 1/18 Freedom sailing no samples were in the bathroom. Further cutbacks ? Did you have bathroom samples. :)

I think it might have to do with your room steward, but dont know.

Last November, I had toothpaste, dental floss and breathe right strips, bar soap, and plenty of them, the shell was overflowing. I also had the best room steward ever since 2000 when I started with Carnival, and I have had many good ones, but this fellow was just a gem. I also did not have an ice bucket and did not really want one till the third evening. I saw my steward in the hallway and asked if he could get me one, and he said yes with a big smile, and after that there was ice in bucket twice a day for the rest of the cruise.

Five years ago, on my cruise before this one, there was just one item, I think it was a bic razor. What is in that bathroom shell or not, is not much of a concern to me though, but I do appreciate consistency. If they are going to have that shell there, might as well put something in it. JMO.

Edited by SMSACE6

According to John Heald in July 2014:

"ahhh the bathroom stuff,toothpaste, creams etc. no we still do it, just depends oin supply and inventory"

So that would explain why some ships still do it and some don't. Like others stated on here, companies are cutting back on samples (why give it away when you can sell it at Walmart/Target for a $1), so my thought would be once the ships run out of supply, that is it, unless a company again wants to pay Carnival to place their products on the ship.

Edited by YorN

In October on the Miracle we had some breathe right strips, some sun cream and assorted other coupons I think..? It's a bit hazy, but I remember those 2 items because we had already brought the strips and I jumped on the sun cream because I'm very prone to burn.