OBC for Booking on Board has been lowered by $100 for Concierge and AquaClass cabins

elena7seas

As a result of asking some questions on another thread, and doing some follow-up with Captain's Club and the Resolutions Desk, I have learned that the amount of OBC that is now given for booking future cruises in Concierge Class and AquaClass cabins while onboard has been reduced by $100 across the board, regardless of the length of the sailing. For example, while you used to receive $350 USD OBC for booking a 14-night future cruise, you will now receive $250 USD OBC. If you book a 6-9 night future cruise, you will receive $150 USD OBC instead of $250 USD OBC.

The Concierge Class and AquaClass cabins have been moved into the same category as Veranda cabins, where the OBC awarded for booking on board is $100 less per cruise in all categories.

You are still able to choose to receive the OBC on either (1) the current cruise, (on which you made the future booking) or (2) the future cruise that you booked while on board.

Thanks for the update. The On Board offered perks can change at any time and sometimes change for just one cruise and then revert back. The same rule always applies...if you like the deal offered, book the cruise. If you don't like the offer, then take your chances and wait.

Thanks for the update. The On Board offered perks can change at any time and sometimes change for just one cruise and then revert back. The same rule always applies...if you like the deal offered, book the cruise. If you don't like the offer, then take your chances and wait.

According to the Resolutions Desk, where the Captain's Club rep had to go for the authoritative word on this...this is an ongoing change.

According to the Resolutions Desk, where the Captain's Club rep had to go for the authoritative word on this...this is an ongoing change.

I think you've been on cruise critic long enough to know that there is no such thing on Celebrity :)

Hi Eileen, but for bookings made prior? Those amounts will stay the same,

right? I am in CC class for my May cruise.....they are not going to

reduce the amounts of OBC I am to receive, are they?:eek:

I don't think so Lois. But if there were it would incite huge long thread.

WE booked in March 2014 for a March 2015 cruise. Got a great cabin - extended balcony in concierge - They gave us $250 OBC and only 1 of the 1-2-3 Go.

SO I was in mouring for the Blue and Aqua spa cabin and upgraded a month or so ago. Got the entire 1-2-3 go and got a credit for the upgrade. Not sure how that happened.

My OBC transferred and we did very well as they added the $300 OBC from the 1-2-3 Go package to our upgrade. We only lost out on an extended balcony.

I hope they will do better with those that book a year in advance onboard. We will see!

Hi Lois :):

I don't have any specific information on that, but I very much doubt that they would reduce your onboard credit. Celebrity usually gives you whatever they contracted to give you at the time, and any differences usually only affect bookings made after a change has been implemented.

Do you have a booking confirmation that shows your original OBC? Take that with you in May, so you have something to back you up on board. I always take my paperwork with me, and have had to use it a couple of times. Once I needed it to prove that I had the Classic Beverage package when it didn't show up on my on board account.

Hi Lois :):

I don't have any specific information on that, but I very much doubt that they would reduce your onboard credit. Celebrity usually gives you whatever they contracted to give you at the time, and any differences usually only affect bookings made after a change has been implemented.

Do you have a booking confirmation that shows your original OBC? Take that with you in May, so you have something to back you up on board. I always take my paperwork with me, and have had to use it a couple of times. Once I needed it to prove that I had the Classic Beverage package when it didn't show up on my on board account.

Hi Eileen,:) yes, I have my confirmation and will bring it with me.