Restaurant for dinner in Juneau?

tuckersgirl

Looking for a restaurant for our anniversary dinner in late June in Juneau. Have kinda looked at 3 but don't know much about 2 of them. We're looking for great Alaska seafood and good beer and/or wine. Any reports or ideas?

1 - Hanger on the Wharf - it does get bad service reviews for what those reviews call a pricey place - but it looks like it could be interesting.

2 - Twisted Fish Co - Also looks interesting from write-ups

3 - Red Dog Saloon - we've been here (for lunch) so know kinda what to expect. (Hubby's been here lots but many, many years ago.)

We went to the Hangar for lunch and had the best salmon chowder ever! My husband and I both loved it. I can't tell you about anything else on the menu, or anything about their dinner menu, but we loved our lunch there! FWIW

Tracy's King Crab Shack might not be the anniversary dinner atmosphere that you are looking for, but they have the most amazing King Crab that we have ever eaten. It is a little bit rustic, outside in a covered area, you order at a food truck like window then wait for your order to be prepared. If nothing else go for a one leg appetizer:)

Tracy's King Crab Shack might not be the anniversary dinner atmosphere that you are looking for, but they have the most amazing King Crab that we have ever eaten. It is a little bit rustic, outside in a covered area, you order at a food truck like window then wait for your order to be prepared. If nothing else go for a one leg appetizer:)

Ate at Tracys in June. That was the 5th time. It was not very good.

$18 for a lobster roll which did not contain very much lobster. :(

Ate at Tracys in June. That was the 5th time. It was not very good.

$18 for a lobster roll which did not contain very much lobster. :(

While I agree that that was not much for what you paid, do you know that Alaska has no lobsters? That could explain the high price and the small portion.....

Have you considered doing the Ultimate Balcony Dinner? We did it last summer for our anniversary. Our ship was in Grand Turk when we began the dinner, so it was a lot warmer than Juneau will be. But a lot of the time it's not too cool enough to enjoy a balcony in Alaska as well, especially with the ship in port and not moving.

• 2 weeks later...

This would be my suggestion , too ! Are you going for atmosphere or GREAT food ? I wouldn't miss it for the world. My favorite is ordering the crab bisque and dunking the king crab legs in it. They do offer beer and a covered eating area.

Hubby won't eat anything from the water so i treated myself to Tracy's for lunch then we went to the Hanger for dinner. The most impressive thing there was watching the sea planes take off.

Also eaten at the Red Dog Saloon in the past.... I can only hope Twisted Fish (where I haven't been) has atmosphere if you are looking for it because none of the others mentioned do :p