Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Wow, thank you Emmy. Supports more and more what SpringAussie, Geoff, Madflyer and others have been reporting about the port transformations in Asia and Sydney. Some of you may remember last year on this thread that where's there is smoke, there is fire... some of this stuff we're talking about will actually be. Other stuff will be a massive surprise! But it's not hard to believe that Oasis could end up in Asia/Oz, and they'll have to figure out how to deal with central Park foliage and fauna....

So Asia in summer months with a relocation to Oz in the "winter" months (ie. Oct-March). Oasis would go over super well with the Ozzies! Now, SpringAussie and others... where can she port? I went back and looked at pictures of my Oz adventure in 2012. Surely Oasis can fit in Sydney and Melbourne, I think also Brisbaine & Newcastle if she piers where Radiance did in the industrial area outside of the city. Oasis can fit through the Whitsundays and tender in Cairns. Any thoughts Ozzie friends?

I would be surprised if Oasis did more then a promo tour of Oz or a few short season here. We virtually have not many places to dock.

I predict Oasis will reposition between Singapore, Hong Kong and Shanghai for the seasons.

Just off Oasis of the Seas and for what it is worth most staff/crew you ask say OASIS to China including the concierge and without hesitation he said that.

I also when asked was told PC a few times. Most agreed OASIS III to Fort Lauderdale.

Just reporting back on my 'unofficial' survey.:):)

My preferences for the OASIS class is OASIS to PC, Harmony OASIS 3 to Fort Lauderdale and Allure part time Europe part time FL

Thanks Emmy.

Did they say when they thought Oasis would leave Florida and arrive Asia?

Just off Oasis of the Seas and for what it is worth most staff/crew you ask say OASIS to China including the concierge and without hesitation he said that.

I also when asked was told PC a few times. Most agreed OASIS III to Fort Lauderdale.

Just reporting back on my 'unofficial' survey.:):)

My preferences for the OASIS class is OASIS to PC, Harmony OASIS 3 to Fort Lauderdale and Allure part time Europe part time FL

Very interesting! Thank you! [emoji5]

Since Oasis is listed at Singapore's cruise list (but still without any dates), she should reposition to Asia sooner or later... but maybe in early 2017.

Or she repositions to Asia after Oasis III has replaced her in Ft. Lauderdale, for example.

Than I see Oasis III taking over the FL runs, Allure might switch to PC and another ship (most likely Ovation or Independence, depends which of the two sails from Southampton in 2016) to sail from Ft. Lauderdale as the second ship.

Or the other way around: Allure atying at Ft. Lauderdale, together with Freedom/Quantum Class ship, and Oasis III to sail from Pt. Canaveral.

Oasis could do her summer season in Europe before finally moving to Asia.

She should be able to pass through Suez Canal, since there are no locks, compared to Panama Canal.

Another user has posted the data somewhere above in this thread.

But it would be somewhat astonishing, how many ships RCI would deploy in Asia/Australia by end of 2016:

-Oasis otS

-Quantum otS

-Mariner otS

-Navigator otS

-Radiance otS (seasonally)

-Explorer otS

-Voyager otS

-Legend otS

Edited by celebrity_fan

Personally my greedy side is clamoring for Harmony.

I could live with that one too :) since I was away on OASIS last week has there been any time frame for the 'official' Harmony announcement. I have fingers crossed when that comes also the port and bookings will be announced at the same time...am I asking for too much:)

Can't wait for Royal Caribbean to come out with the new Itineraries

for 2016 and 2017 so that we can book our next cruises, hoping it is

very soon. In the mean time I'm dreaming of a permanent newer ship

and itineraries for Cape Liberty and Baltimore. Quantum and Anthem

have been the newest ships so far but not permanent. It would be

a dream if Anthem or Ovation would be one of the permanent ones.

Edited by Angelsea57

IMO, that would just be stupid. One of the main reasons to start a cruise in SJU is to be able to hit 5, (more exotic) ports in a week.

There are already many 4-port cruises out of SJU, so even if you think it is stupid or pointless, the cruise line and passengers who sail those itineraries do not.

Not necessarily. There is no reason that they need to have 5 port days, they could easily trim it to 4 or even 3.

I pers. do not see RCI trimming those cruises on 4 or even 3 ports, since the sailings from San Juan are about the ports, to have more ports per week than sailing from Florida, IMHO... So I do not think that something like that is going to happen.

See previous about there already being 4 port itineraries, but I think you misunderstood my point.

There was an implication that Oasis/Allure sail 3-port itineraries to keep onboard revenue up by keeping people onboard. I assert they do the 3-port itineraries, because that is all they can do in a round-trip from FL. Evidence to support this is an Oasis itinerary where two added days generated two added ports (sort of why my guess is they won't move one to PC anytime soon, as it moves them further from the only itineraries they can do).

But my point was that if keeping people onboard is the important aspect, then itineraries can be trimmed. If, however, it is more about how many ports can be reached in a 7-day itinerary then there are already itineraries of more than 3 ports that are achievable by an O-class ship (why I even suggested SJU in the first place).

To come back to the SJU issue: I really do NOT SEE an Oasis Class ship sailing from San Juan - as mentioned above, those huge floating cities surely cannot visit 5 ports a week, since several islands surely cannot handle and accomodate such ships. With four or even three ports, the whole experience gets lost, and there is no more "motivation" or reason to take a cruise from SJU instead of Florida...

Other than some islands cannot currently handle this ship size, enough can, so why can't they visit 5 ports in a week (or even the current itineraries that have 4 obvious ports)? If they can, there is more motivation as it could be on a O-class ship instead.

I'll grant there is some infrastructure work that probably would need to be in place, so it might not be achievable by O-III delivery, but getting a big ship could be a motivator for a port authority (certainly seemed to be for south pacific ports).

I'm also not stating that this will happen, but more that this isn't as crazy or stupid as it might first seem.

There are already many 4-port cruises out of SJU, so even if you think it is stupid or pointless, the cruise line and passengers who sail those itineraries do not.

See previous about there already being 4 port itineraries, but I think you misunderstood my point.

There was an implication that Oasis/Allure sail 3-port itineraries to keep onboard revenue up by keeping people onboard. I assert they do the 3-port itineraries, because that is all they can do in a round-trip from FL. Evidence to support this is an Oasis itinerary where two added days generated two added ports (sort of why my guess is they won't move one to PC anytime soon, as it moves them further from the only itineraries they can do).

But my point was that if keeping people onboard is the important aspect, then itineraries can be trimmed. If, however, it is more about how many ports can be reached in a 7-day itinerary then there are already itineraries of more than 3 ports that are achievable by an O-class ship (why I even suggested SJU in the first place).

Other than some islands cannot currently handle this ship size, enough can, so why can't they visit 5 ports in a week (or even the current itineraries that have 4 obvious ports)? If they can, there is more motivation as it could be on a O-class ship instead.

I'll grant there is some infrastructure work that probably would need to be in place, so it might not be achievable by O-III delivery, but getting a big ship could be a motivator for a port authority (certainly seemed to be for south pacific ports).

I'm also not stating that this will happen, but more that this isn't as crazy or stupid as it might first seem.

Okay maybe I shouldn't have said 4 ports would be stupid, but putting an Oasis Class in SJU just to sail an itinerary with 3 ports is a little pointless IMO. Why would someone fly all the way to SJ to only get three ports, when 5 (or atleast 4) ports are easily accessible on a 7 day itinerary.

And just a FYI, there is only one 4-port southern caribbean itinerary that Royal offers: St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, and Curacao, and I think that is only because it takes a sea day to get down to the ABC islands and a sea day to get back.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

And just a FYI, there is only one 4-port southern caribbean itinerary that Royal offers: St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, and Curacao, and I think that is only because it takes a sea day to get down to the ABC islands and a sea day to get back.

Generally speaking, there are not that many unique itineraries out of SJU (though sometimes St. Maarten is in the four port mix), but there are many sailings on different ships of only four ports, which is why I stated "many". But as you have correctly stated, the deep southern route pretty much requires a day down and a day back limiting it to four ports in a 7-day itinerary.

For the most part, though, a 7-day Southern Caribbean itinerary (of any number of ports) will only be accessible with Puerto Rico (or possibly one day St. Thomas) as the departure port.

Edit: I would like to again note that the only reason I suggested they could trim the port count was due to another posters implication that the company wanted to keep people on the ship and not in port. If this really is the case, then it is within their power to do so. However, as I mostly suggest that they do this because it is the only option from where they sail, this can be remedied by sailing from a different port with more destination options.

Edited by 3dog

Is there a website with the Venice port schedule? :)

Sadly just for 2015 - so there is hardly any use for it... :(

But Dubrovnik has, look here: http://www.portdubrovnik.hr/girica1.php

You need to tick all months and choose 2016 in the dorpdown list [emoji5] - hope this helps...

BTW: The Copenhagen cruise schedule has been updated today - still showing up Brilliance in the 12-day-pattern and Serenade as turnaround visitor.

So it seems to me that Brilliance will sail from Harwich further in 2016, and any other ship should sail the 12 nighter from Barcelona...

And: I also do not see any Oasis Class ship sailing from San Juan sooner or later - at first, I doubt that the port can handle embarkation/disembarkation with lugguage, check-in/out etc. for 6000 passengers - above all if two ships a day are going to be handled. Also I do not know whether the port area is large enough.

Than, what was mentioned before: The SJU itineraries are about the ports, and it would not make sense at all to deploy Oasis on a three-port-cruise out of SJU.

So forget about it.

And yes, the SJU run down to ABC islands just has two days at sea because of the distance from/to Curacao and Aruba... [emoji4]

Sadly just for 2015 - so there is hardly any use for it... :(

But Dubrovnik has, look here: http://www.portdubrovnik.hr/girica1.php

You need to tick all months and choose 2016 in the dorpdown list [emoji5] - hope this helps...

BTW: The Copenhagen cruise schedule has been updated today - still showing up Brilliance in the 12-day-pattern and Serenade as turnaround visitor.

So it seems to me that Brilliance will sail from Harwich further in 2016, and any other ship should sail the 12 nighter from Barcelona...

And: I also do not see any Oasis Class ship sailing from San Juan sooner or later - at first, I doubt that the port can handle embarkation/disembarkation with lugguage, check-in/out etc. for 6000 passengers - above all if two ships a day are going to be handled. Also I do not know whether the port area is large enough.

Than, what was mentioned before: The SJU itineraries are about the ports, and it would not make sense at all to deploy Oasis on a three-port-cruise out of SJU.

So forget about it.

And yes, the SJU run down to ABC islands just has two days at sea because of the distance from/to Curacao and Aruba... [emoji4]

Awesome, thanks so much!

You don't think the 12 night Barcelona runs will be dropped, do you? I only say this because the other day, I was looking through the Rome port schedule. The only Royal ships that seem to be calling there are Allure and Rhapsody. But it doesn't appear to say the last time it was updated??? Just thinking here...Maybe Navigator does the 12 night runs? I can't remember, but has there been evidence of her in Northern Europe? Any evidence of Adventure in the Med or Northern Europe?

Regarding Rhapsody, (if the Rome schedule is still accurate) after July 3, it appears that she will be doing the same 7night runs to the Greek Isles as she is doing in 2015. So the only question is what kind of itineraries will she be doing prior to July 3? In 2015, she is doing some longer itineraries from Istanbul, but that doesn't appear to be the case in 2015, due to her calls in Dubrovnik. But her calls in Dubrovnik seem to show no pattern. Calls are scheduled are Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Wednesday; and the ports that come before after seem to show no pattern either. So my best guess is that Rhapsody will be doing some sort of mix of 7-10night itineraries from Venice.

Awesome, thanks so much!

You don't think the 12 night Barcelona runs will be dropped, do you? I only say this because the other day, I was looking through the Rome port schedule. The only Royal ships that seem to be calling there are Allure and Rhapsody. But it doesn't appear to say the last time it was updated??? Just thinking here...Maybe Navigator does the 12 night runs? I can't remember, but has there been evidence of her in Northern Europe? Any evidence of Adventure in the Med or Northern Europe?

Regarding Rhapsody, (if the Rome schedule is still accurate) after July 3, it appears that she will be doing the same 7night runs to the Greek Isles as she is doing in 2015. So the only question is what kind of itineraries will she be doing prior to July 3? In 2015, she is doing some longer itineraries from Istanbul, but that doesn't appear to be the case in 2015, due to her calls in Dubrovnik. But her calls in Dubrovnik seem to show no pattern. Calls are scheduled are Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Wednesday; and the ports that come before after seem to show no pattern either. So my best guess is that Rhapsody will be doing some sort of mix of 7-10night itineraries from Venice.

Ok, great, thanks for looking through the port schedule of Rome! [emoji5].

I do not see the 12 night runs from Barcelona to be dropped, since they seem to be very succesful! Maybe the plans for Rhapsody will be changed and she does the 12 night runs from Barcelona?!

Does Brilliance not show up anymore in Rome??

I doubt that any Voyager Class ship will do the 12 night runs (although I thought about it :D), since there are size limitations for port of Venice.

Navigator otS, however, is very likely to be scheduled out of Southampton, for a mix of runs to Med, Canaries, Baltic and Norway.

What I also could imagine, but I am not sure: Adventure from Harwich and Brilliance from Barcelona.

For me, that's still ine of the remaining questions...

or Splendour from Barcelona, since she does not appear to sail from Venice again in 2016... :confused:

Or Splendour will do the itineraries in 2016 currently in planning for Rhapsody - so sailing from Venice until June/July, and switching to Rome by mid of summer 2016... :confused:

Edited by celebrity_fan

Wow, thank you Emmy. Supports more and more what SpringAussie, Geoff, Madflyer and others have been reporting about the port transformations in Asia and Sydney.

...But it's not hard to believe that Oasis could end up in Asia/Oz, and they'll have to figure out how to deal with central Park foliage and fauna....

So Asia in summer months with a relocation to Oz in the "winter" months (ie. Oct-March). Oasis would go over super well with the Ozzies! Now, SpringAussie and others... where can she port? I went back and looked at pictures of my Oz adventure in 2012. Surely Oasis can fit in Sydney and Melbourne, I think also Brisbaine & Newcastle if she piers where Radiance did in the industrial area outside of the city. Oasis can fit through the Whitsundays and tender in Cairns. Any thoughts Ozzie friends?

You bet. Oasis would be a huge hit down under.

In addition to those ports, I think Oasis could also dock at Hobart. The other two obvious potential ports are Darwin and Fremantle. I can't see a problem with the Central Park flora because any Aussie itineraries would be in our summer when temps are roughly 25 to 33 deg C (80 to 95 F). [emoji3]

It's cooler in New Zealand, but Royal would probably want to call at some New Zealand ports. She could definitely go well into Milford Sound and turn around to exit. She may not be able to pass through the narrow channel that joins Dusky and Doubtful sounds though. Voyager fits through, but a much more beamy ship would not. Unsure about Auckland and Dunedin.

Oasis may also be able to dock at Suva, Lautoka in Fiji and Noumea in New Caledonia, but this would need to be verified.

I haven't considered tendering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brilliance is booked at Rome on 12 night cycles, with June 10th, June 22nd and July 4th dates booked, for example.

Adventure is also booked at Copenhagen with frequent calls with Oslo the port prior and Tallin the port following the calls at Copenhagen.

Ok, great, thanks for looking through the port schedule of Rome! [emoji5].

I do not see the 12 night runs from Barcelona to be dropped, since they seem to be very succesful! Maybe the plans for Rhapsody will be changed and she does the 12 night runs from Barcelona?!

Does Brilliance not show up anymore in Rome??

I doubt that any Voyager Class ship will do the 12 night runs (although I thought about it :D), since there are size limitations for port of Venice.

Navigator otS, however, is very likely to be scheduled out of Southampton, for a mix of runs to Med, Canaries, Baltic and Norway.

What I also could imagine, but I am not sure: Adventure from Harwich and Brilliance from Barcelona.

For me, that's still ine of the remaining questions...

or Splendour from Barcelona, since she does not appear to sail from Venice again in 2016... :confused:

Or Splendour will do the itineraries in 2016 currently in planning for Rhapsody - so sailing from Venice until June/July, and switching to Rome by mid of summer 2016... :confused:

All good suggestions! What I'm really interested in is whatever cruise is getting Rhapsody to Rome on July 3. It seems her previous port of call is Naples, so I'm really, really hoping there is some sort of 7-9 itinerary from Venice to Rome!

Brilliance is booked at Rome on 12 night cycles, with June 10th, June 22nd and July 4th dates booked, for example.

Adventure is also booked at Copenhagen with frequent calls with Oslo the port prior and Tallin the port following the calls at Copenhagen.

Oh wow, I don't know how I missed that. Thanks!

So lets see if I have this all straight...

• Vision from Venice (7 Night Runs)
  • Allure from Barcelona (7 Night Runs)
  • Rhapsody from Venice from the start of the season to July 3? (7-10 night runs?) and Rome to the Greek Isles from July 3 to the end (7 Night runs)
  • Brilliance from Barcelona (12 Night runs)
  • Navigator from Southampton
  • Indy from Southampton
  • Serenade from Copenhagen/Stockholm

Adventure to Harwich maybe?

Are we assuming that no Q Class ship will be in Europe?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

All good suggestions! What I'm really interested in is whatever cruise is getting Rhapsody to Rome on July 3. It seems her previous port of call is Naples, so I'm really, really hoping there is some sort of 7-9 itinerary from Venice to Rome!

Oh wow, I don't know how I missed that. Thanks!

So lets see if I have this all straight...

• Vision from Venice (7 Night Runs)
  • Allure from Barcelona (7 Night Runs)
  • Rhapsody from Venice from the start of the season to July 3? (7-10 night runs?) and Rome to the Greek Isles from July 3 to the end (7 Night runs)
  • Brilliance from Barcelona (12 Night runs)
  • Navigator from Southampton
  • Indy from Southampton
  • Serenade from Copenhagen/Stockholm

Adventure to Harwich maybe?

Are we assuming that no Q Class ship will be in Europe?

Ah ok, I must have missed the Brilliance calls at Rome...

I am not sure whether Brilliance is just a placeholder for those ports or if she really will sail from Barcelona?

Recent years she has done the Barcelona runs, so she seems to be a great ship therefore...

But Harwich...[emoji15]

Adventure could be, but I am not really sure... I think she could access Stockholm, Navigator also has already been at Stockholm in 2007... [emoji5]️

Serenade from Harwich I doubt. Which one should sail from Copenhagen than?

Or will RCI abandon Harwich at all?????

And yes, from Southampton, I see sailing Indy and Navigator, so no Q Class ship here...

Let's assume Rhapsody sails from Venice and Rome, for sure she should do a longer repo from Venice to Rome.

And Vision from Barcelona to Venice, before starting her season there... [emoji5]️

You bet. Oasis would be a huge hit down under.

In addition to those ports, I think Oasis could also dock at Hobart. The other two obvious potential ports are Darwin and Fremantle. I can't see a problem with the Central Park flora because any Aussie itineraries would be in our summer when temps are roughly 25 to 33 deg C (80 to 95 F). [emoji3]

It's cooler in New Zealand, but Royal would probably want to call at some New Zealand ports. She could definitely go well into Milford Sound and turn around to exit. She may not be able to pass through the narrow channel that joins Dusky and Doubtful sounds though. Voyager fits through, but a much more beamy ship would not. Unsure about Auckland and Dunedin.

Oasis may also be able to dock at Suva, Lautoka in Fiji and Noumea in New Caledonia, but this would need to be verified.

I haven't considered tendering.

I just got off the Rhapsody and the Captain was asked if Oasis would ever come downunder and his reply was no. Not because it wouldn't fit in the harbour but RCI don't have the infrastructure for a same day turn around.

Regards Elaine.

I just got off the Rhapsody and the Captain was asked if Oasis would ever come downunder and his reply was no. Not because it wouldn't fit in the harbour but RCI don't have the infrastructure for a same day turn around.

Regards Elaine.

Ok, but maybe Asia than...?

And could you find out whether Navigator is scheduled for Australia sooner or later??

Regards Elaine.

Thanks for sharing this Elaine.

Seems odd given the recent expansion of Sydney OPT, but good information nevertheless.