Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Boring repos from Sydney to Seattle and return. Looks like RCL went for the cheaper port stops.

I looked a a globe, they're pretty much taking the shortest route too, so maybe pushed for time as well.

Trouble is for a lot of people, us included, the Pacific ports on these TPs are the same as those on cruises out of Sydney, which many will have already done, and thus have much less attraction to book with all those sea days and the one way airfares.

The "normal" TP ports that most cruises from OZ/NZ don't reach are much more attractive in those circumstances.

Trouble is for a lot of people, us included, the Pacific ports on these TPs are the same as those on cruises out of Sydney, which many will have already done, and thus have much less attraction to book with all those sea days and the one way airfares.

The "normal" TP ports that most cruises from OZ/NZ don't reach are much more attractive in those circumstances.

Be nice if there were some round trip cruises to Hawaii- on the Pacific Coast.:)

Princess did some round trips to Hawaii--- leaving from Vancouver at the beginning of this season. I bet they were popular.

RCL may have No imagination perhaps?:rolleyes:

Be nice if there were some round trip cruises to Hawaii- on the Pacific Coast.:)

Hey neighbor :D

I think you had mentioned you booked b2b coastals on explorer 2016?

Check out the prices for the 8 day Sept 30... some of the best prices I have seen Royal come up with in a very long time, and especially for an 8 day. Maybe you can make it a b2b2b! :)

p.s. Special thanks to Madflyer for posting this itinerary even before it was up on the RCL website, I've been following this one since that post and pulled the trigger this morning.

Edited by Hoopster95

Check out the prices for the 8 day Sept 30... some of the best prices I have seen Royal come up with in a very long time, and especially for an 8 day. Maybe you can make it a b2b2b! :)

p.s. Special thanks to Madflyer for posting this itinerary even before it was up on the RCL website, I've been following this one since that post and pulled the trigger this morning.

Hi there! What a fantastic day we have.:D Beautiful BC!!!

Yes, Madflyer---- was to the rescue for those like us, that were booked on the AU ExOS. A Big THANKS!!!:)

We are booked on Sept. 30 and the one before it. Changed the Sept. 16th to the 30th, as we have Sept 23 booked-- as it is all the same itinerary. Had to wait until RCL had it out, as I asked the Agent when we booked if there was more after the Sept 23rd. Nope, they had nothing yet but I had seen Madflyer's posting of a cruise site--- it was sailing Sept. 30 on the W. Coast.

We had the 2 AU cruises RCL moved and we have no NCC left for more. We can add one B2B if the prices get more appealing, the beauty of not having any AIR to deal with.:)

We may will rent a car to get to Seattle. Could be better and easier for us, than the Quick Shuttle.

Enjoy the day! Happy Victoria Day!

Edited by CVU

Is Ovation of the Seas returning to China after the season in Sydney?

I cannot find a booking in a port supporting it is going back to Asia.

Well, where else could she be going? Could she stay in Sydney year round? Or do you know when she will be leaving Sydney for the season?

Well, where else could she be going? Could she stay in Sydney year round? Or do you know when she will be leaving Sydney for the season?

It is just odd I cannot find a booking for the return in Oz or Hong Kong. Only looking for a possible repositioning cruise for me.

I assume Ovation would go to Florida if it did not return to Asia. But too early to start getting Floridians hopes up!

We are booked on one of Ovation's first sailings (in Europe) before she heads East. We were told that there will be no Dynamic Dining as the ship is being made ready for the Chinese market, unlike Quantum which has been remodelled.

I doubt whether they would prepare a ship for the Chinese market to return it back to the US after one or two seasons. Surely that would involve a lot of expense in remodelling it to suit the new market.........oh wait :rolleyes:

We were told

I love that phrase

If you go into Royal's website and do a mock booking on Ovation the dining options are my time dining and traditional. No mention of Dynamic Dining as a choice.

Latest news from Royal Caribbean on the release of Ovation of the Seas Australian voyages is that it is now delayed until around 18 June. Patience is a virtue!

Probably cause they can't sort out the ports. Auckland being a problem and talk of Tauranga coming into mix.

Thanks for the heads up on Sept 30/16. Went on the website - picked room. Called a Expedia cruise center - argued with the girl who couldn't find it in their system Asked to call me back - did and told me that Expedia would load it next week! I expressed my discontent and pointed out how quickly it may book up (don't think she believed me). She than called RCI when I said I would just call myself and book. End of story - between this morning and now the solo rate for a PR cabin went up $660.

Thanks for the heads up on Sept 30/16. Went on the website - picked room. Called a Expedia cruise center - argued with the girl who couldn't find it in their system Asked to call me back - did and told me that Expedia would load it next week! I expressed my discontent and pointed out how quickly it may book up (don't think she believed me). She than called RCI when I said I would just call myself and book. End of story - between this morning and now the solo rate for a PR cabin went up $660.

Ah! I just posted about this on another thread lol!!

You're welcome. :D I'm really glad to hear some CC'ers were able to check it out quickly. I know of someone on Jewel whom I emailed and they booked while on board just 2 days ago as well before prices rose. My aft cabin is up a total of almost $800CA and I think from what I can see this very moment only 2 aft balcony rooms left on deck 7

Darwin Port Australia has a Voyager of the Seas booking for 31 January 2017 the same day Cruisescal has a Voyager departure from Sydney. I assume Ovation returning to Asia / China for that Darwin booking.

That's my assumption too. It is also consistent with the last port booking for Ovation in Sydney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest news from Royal Caribbean on the release of Ovation of the Seas Australian voyages is that it is now delayed until around 18 June. Patience is a virtue!

Apart from the port issues, I'm hoping they may have realised that contracting the whole ship on the repo from Asia to Australia to one company is a mistake, and will restrict interest from other countries around the world.:(

Darwin Port Australia has a Voyager of the Seas booking for 31 January 2017 the same day Cruisescal has a Voyager departure from Sydney. I assume Ovation returning to Asia / China for that Darwin booking.

If it turns out to be the case that Ovation goes back to Asia after one full or partial circle of Australia, there really doesn't seem much point to bringing it to Australian waters in the first place.

Showing off one of your latest ships with all the "bells and whistles", then removing it and leaving only older, less interesting vessels won't make many friends.

Apart from the port issues, I'm hoping they may have realised that contracting the whole ship on the repo from Asia to Australia to one company is a mistake, and will restrict interest from other countries around the world.:(

I don't think it matters because it will sell out anyway, at strong prices.

If it turns out to be the case that Ovation goes back to Asia after one full or partial circle of Australia, there really doesn't seem much point to bringing it to Australian waters in the first place.

Showing off one of your latest ships with all the "bells and whistles", then removing it and leaving only older, less interesting vessels won't make many friends.

It looks like it will be a full circumnavigation of Australia and 1 or 2 cruises to NZ as well.

I think Ovation or Quantum will make a yearly visit to Australia and NZ because the cruises will sell at strong prices and also the Winter in Beijing and Shanghai is too cold for cruising.

I don't think it matters because it will sell out anyway, at strong prices.

It looks like it will be a full circumnavigation of Australia and 1 or 2 cruises to NZ as well.

I think Ovation or Quantum will make a yearly visit to Australia and NZ because the cruises will sell at strong prices and also the Winter in Beijing and Shanghai is too cold for cruising.

Not sure about the Asian winter being such an issue; ships sail in and out of New York all year and that is pretty darn cold in winter. Also from what I know of the Asian market, possibly gambling cruises come into play.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what is announced/released. And on a personal note I will hope there is a sailing from Perth!

Not sure about the Asian winter being such an issue; ships sail in and out of New York all year and that is pretty darn cold in winter. Also from what I know of the Asian market, possibly gambling cruises come into play.

!

The difference in Winter between Anthem cruising out of New York and Quantum out of China is Anthem cruisers go swimming in the warm Caribbean while the Quantum passengers goes nude in the hot springs in Japan while the snow is falling.