How to keep in touch with other passengers on the Oasis

2910car

We are traveling with a family of 15 on the Oasis, us and all our children and grandchildren for our 50th anniversary. We have seven cabins.

Since we have sailed on Oasis before we know how big the ship is with so many different areas. So we are wondering how we will find each other during the day.

Can you use a cell phone or walky talky or what?

A cell phone would cost you a lot of money to use. You can buy walkie talkies before you board. I don't know if they are for rent on board.

We have a certain area to meet at a set time of day or we leave messages on white boards which we put on our cabin doors to tell everyone where we are at that time. You can also call each others rooms from hallway phones.

Have fun!

Since dry dock, I believe Oasis has added Royal iQ. I'm not sure if that includes the communication functions (their site only says luggage tracking is exclusive to Quantum).

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royaliq

Perhaps you could grab the app? We're sailing very soon on Oasis as well and are downloading the app to take with us.

Edit: Bummer, on that page it says it is not yet available on Oasis. I thought I read otherwise.

Edited by anzio

I would advise against walkie-talkies. They can be annoying to use and carry and are often bothersome to fellow passengers. You could take a small dry erase board or chalkboard for in-cabin use, some post-it notes, have pre-arranged meeting times, use the house phones, put a watch on everyone's wrist, or just meet up for meals and share about your day. Yes, Oasis is huge but I, personally, think it might be impractical to expect all 15 of you to know where each other is at all times. *shrug*

try the App KIK that's what we used because they had sold out of the ships Iphones worked well for us.

Doesn't Kik still need an internet/cell data connection? I'm thinking this would only really work if everyone had the unlimited wifi package onboard.

If you all make tentative plans for the next day, you really shouldn't have trouble "finding" each other when you need to. You can call from room to room on the cabin phones, and leave messages there, if your plans change.

While Oasis is large, most of the space is taken up with cabins...so your "search" areas become MUCH smaller when you take the cabin hallways out of the picture! You will find your group will gravitate to the same areas over and over....