Do Cruise Rates Seem Higher This Year?

jtwanabe

If sales are going well at current prices, why would prices be reduced? I'm not able to cruise without a reduced rate because of solo rates. Those rates seem to have gone poof as long as long as sales continue to do well, as they don't need us to fill cabins.:mad:

To me it seems the rates are all about the date, time "out there", and how many ports.

No different than booking air fare.

Once you "take the plunge", what's the difference? If a certain amount of bucks makes or breaks a vacation, you have to decide to go or not.

My opinion, of course!

I've book two cruises and the one in Oct is about the same price as the one in May. I seem to remember that there was quite a bit of saving between Early summer and early fall.

Jt

Yes. We are going on the Sunshine in a few weeks and very glad we booked ES. With price drops, I now have almost $600 OBC - basically double what I have ever had in the past. It seems to me they are starting out the rates WAY high and then dropping like a bomb when they aren't filling. I have gone through 4 different reductions on one room and 2 on the other.

We're looking at fall 2015 cruises and what I have noticed is that the "fees, taxes, and port charges" on the cruises we are looking at are sky high! I don't remember ever seeing those charges equal 30% of the cruise fare! Maybe I've just never paid that much attention, but I don't recall seeing total prices quite this high.

It is wave season so demand across the board is up, hence higher prices. We have a cruise on Sunshine booked for early November and I anticipate it nudging down a little as we get through summer and hurricane season/fall get closer.

We booked the Vista within the last two weeks and it has increased in price so much. I was wanting to book another and the prices have jumped on a lot of them.:rolleyes:

We booked the Vista within the last two weeks and it has increased in price so much. I was wanting to book another and the prices have jumped on a lot of them.:rolleyes:

We booked balconies for the last European cruise and the transatlantic. The cabin price for the European has risen $400, but the transatlantic has gone up $2,300 almost double what we paid!

There's a graph on a competitor site, showing the average balcony price, split up by cruise line. URL is being blocked.

Google this: Average price per day of a balcony cabin fish

and it's the first option, kinda cool to see

Thank you!

Ours is definitely higher this year but last year was on Conquest and this year will be the Breeze, so I suppose the increase is to be expected. I'm seriously hoping for prices to drop between now and the final payment date.

Ours is also much higher this too. But similar to you; Dec. 2014 was on Pride and this Dec. we are on the Breeze. We are paying close to double for our balcony room compared to the Pride. :eek:

I am assuming it is because the Breeze is more in demand ship.

Yes, I am looking at an October sailing out of Port Canaveral because some family are going and want us to join them. Normally we are flexible and price determines our sail date. I am surprised that a cruise on the Valor during hurricane season is so high. I will likely skip it at that rate.

We have always likes spreading our wings and cruising other lines.

We just couldn't beat the Value that carnival provided

Now that the price points are getting closes we will defiantly cruising other lines.

Yes...the prices on Royal and Norwegian are about the same on some cruises. I am still deciding