Guarantee category upgrade question

Cruisin'Allie

I apologize if this has been asked (I'm sure it has!) :)

I booked an OV guarantee on my cruise in 30 days. Haven't been assigned a cabin yet and was wondering if upgrades above the guarantee category happen. My sailing appears to have many open cabins, both deluxe OV and balconies.

Since I booked kinda last minute, I hope they don't drop prices to fill those cabins and start upgrading! (Prices have gone up and down since I booked and I need to STOP LOOKING.... I'm driving myself nuts!)

I booked a OV guarantee for our upcoming coming cruise (booked it abut 50 days out). Not really an upgrade, but got a very cheap upgrade to sale to a Lido Deck Balcony. I've seen plenty of posts where people have also been placed in rooms higher than their guarantee.

Most people get the cabin in the category they booked. People do go to the next category but it is rare.

Members here represent less then 1% of the sailing public.

Usually about 30 days and there is a pack and go sale. Keep watching those rates because it could be cheaper to book an assigned cabin in the next category then waiting for the guarantee

I apologize if this has been asked (I'm sure it has!) :)

I booked an OV guarantee on my cruise in 30 days. Haven't been assigned a cabin yet and was wondering if upgrades above the guarantee category happen. My sailing appears to have many open cabins' date=' both deluxe OV and balconies.

Since I booked kinda last minute, I hope they don't drop prices to fill those cabins and start upgrading! (Prices have gone up and down since I booked and I need to STOP LOOKING.... I'm driving myself nuts!)[/quote']

Booked an OV guarantee for the cruise in 22 days and got my room assignment a week ago. We got a Deluxe OV so a slight upgrade! Our ship was the same, lots of Deluxe OV were available and the regular OV were almost sold out. Fingers crossed for you!

Also, check out this thread which is a bunch of people posting what they were guaranteed and what they ended up getting and when.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2115887

Thanks for all the replies! I still haven't gotten a cabin assignment. I'm hoping they don't think an upper/lower porthole qualifies as OV! I switched to ATD wait list so we'll see about that also.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic forums app... Please excuse typos!