FEB 2015 update - HAL charters, groups, dry dock schedule

CJcruzer

It looks like Oosterdam is scheduled for a major upgrade in April 2016. Deck plans change after April 18, 2016 and show additional cabins added on Observation deck and addition of the Retreat on the Sports deck.

Looks like refresh being done over 2 weeks in Rome after 21Mar16 TA sailing from FLL.

Hoping someone could confirm and provide additional info on the refurbishment.

We were just on the Nieuw Amsterdam Feb 1 cruise -- on the list above, you listed a dressage group on that cruise -- we never saw or heard anything related to that group, and we never noticed that they "took over" any venue....but I don't know how large that group was.

They'd be tough not to notice with all those horses???? :eek: ;)

• 2 weeks later...

On Oct 7 2015 Zuiderdam arrives in Istanbul. But the next cruise listed anywhere I can find is Oct 14 out of Athens (Piraeus). Is it a charter getting from Istanbul to Athens? I have googled the ship and departure date but I don't see any hits for a charter. m--

Has anyone been on a cruise that had a Road Scholar group? Do they take over the ship for their lectures and/or other activities? Any idea how large the group is?:confused:

The reports that I have read indicate they do not take over the ship and that some hadn't even noticed them. There may be a lecture or two on sea days and on port days, they have their own tours arranged. I can tell you more after we board on May 1st!!

Westerdam : 30 January 2016 - 06 February 2016 : Soul Train Cruise charter
It looks like this cruise has now moved ship (and line) to Celebrity Constellation, so should be deleted from this list.

It's a demonstration of why the cruise line will continue to sell the cruise even after the charterer has announced a planned cruise - the charterer may yet cancel at a later date.

It looks like this cruise has now moved ship (and line) to Celebrity Constellation, so should be deleted from this list.

It's a demonstration of why the cruise line will continue to sell the cruise even after the charterer has announced a planned cruise - the charterer may yet cancel at a later date.

thanks! will make sure that is deleted on next list...

Carol

On Oct 7 2015 Zuiderdam arrives in Istanbul. But the next cruise listed anywhere I can find is Oct 14 out of Athens (Piraeus). Is it a charter getting from Istanbul to Athens? I have googled the ship and departure date but I don't see any hits for a charter. m--

A 7-day Istanbul-Piraeus cruise, incl. overnights in both Istanbul and Piraeus and calls at Kusadasi, Santorini and Mykonos

10/7/2015 Wed ISTANBUL 0:00:00 23:59:59

10/8/2015 Thu Istanbul 0:00:00 18:00:00

10/9/2015 Fri At Sea

10/10/2015 Sat Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey 7:00:00 18:00:00

10/11/2015 Sun Santoríni, Greece 8:00:00 21:00:00

10/12/2015 Mon Mykonos, Greece 8:00:00 18:00:00

10/13/2015 Tue Piraeus (Athens), Greece 7:00:00 23:59:59

10/14/2015 Wed PIRAEUS (ATHENS), GREECE 0:00:00 16:00:00

this is Copper10-7's(hope I got the name right) response to my same question

We were just on the Nieuw Amsterdam Feb 1 cruise -- on the list above, you listed a dressage group on that cruise -- we never saw or heard anything related to that group, and we never noticed that they "took over" any venue....but I don't know how large that group was.

I assure you our group was onboard; it's not large, and so we tend to be under the radar. :)

Edited by Sporthorse Cruise

• 2 weeks later...

yes this charter is cancelled BUT Olivia has taken that week as charter - so the cruise should NOT be listed/selling on HAL site.

updated list coming shortly!:)

Carol

yes this charter is cancelled BUT Olivia has taken that week as charter - so the cruise should NOT be listed/selling on HAL site.
In an ideal world, perhaps, but we see this all the time: HAL will often continue selling the cruise as well until long after the charterer started marketing it. My speculative view is that this happens when the charterer still isn't finally contractually bound to take the ship, so that there's still a substantial risk of it cancelling - and HAL doesn't want to be in the position of effectively trying to sell a new cruise from a standing start at the point that the charterer cancels.

However, it looks like all of the Westerdam January charter weeks have now been taken off sale by HAL.