Live from Royal Princess February 7-17…Nat & Ro’s 3rd Excellent Adventure-Royal Style

FraudBroad

Mat, I hope that show was part of your Broadway series and that y'all are season ticket subscribers. You should be able to get your tkts replaced, if you are.

Ro is lucky the thieves didn't decide to try to sell the CPAP on Craig's List. I always worry that I'll forget mine somewhere when I travel.

I thoroughly enjoyed Tracie's cruise and now yours. Thank you so much for sharing. Hope somebody steps up to keep me going till my March 29 cruise.

We had a guaranteed reservation through Hotels.com that had been PAID IN FULL AT TIME OF BOOKING. I'm writing my letter to the CEO today. They haven't hear the last from me!!!!

This is the reason I don't use them. Used them once. Got in early and they did have a room for me. It was as far back in the hotel as one could get and not particularly nice. Even so, I considered myself lucky. People who checked in a little bit later had a guaranteed reservation through hotels.com which was not honored because the hotel booked enough of their own guests that they chose not to honor reservations made by hotels.com.

A friend of mine who works in the hotel industry said this was common practice for reservations booked through consolidators.

Enjoyed your review. You had a wonderful time, despite the car break-in at the end.

You should go on Stub Hub and take a look and see if anyone is selling your tickets online! They would not be dumb enough to show up at the Theater I wouldn't think would they?!?

Glad you had a great trip and it was fun reading your posts! Thanks - I'll say hi to the Royal for you 7 weeks from right now!!

Mat, I hope that show was part of your Broadway series and that y'all are season ticket subscribers. You should be able to get your tkts replaced, if you are.

Ro is lucky the thieves didn't decide to try to sell the CPAP on Craig's List. I always worry that I'll forget mine somewhere when I travel.

I thoroughly enjoyed Tracie's cruise and now yours. Thank you so much for sharing. Hope somebody steps up to keep me going till my March 29 cruise.

I just got off the phone with Broadway in Chicago...they are replacing the tickets at no cost. If anyone tries to use the stolen tickets they won't be able to get in. They've disabled that bar code :cool:

I just got off the phone with Broadway in Chicago...they are replacing the tickets at no cost. If anyone tries to use the stolen tickets they won't be able to get in. They've disabled that bar code :cool:

That's good news. Doesn't help Ro with her GPS, but maybe insurance might help.

Forgive the "Mat" in my post, my fingers don't fit the keys on my iPhone really well, and I forget to back and check my typing.

Hope you cruise again soon, you write a very readable review.

Have loved following your posts! Thanks so much. We leave on 2/27.

I'm sure you have better things to do than answer questions. On the other hand, maybe the weather is so bad you have to stay inside! I'm just wondering if it is pretty cold on the ship during the days? I rarely wear shorts....will i be way too long inside the ship with long pants?

Chris Hart

Edited by Charlene Gibson

Have loved following your posts! Thanks so much. We leave on 2/27.

I'm sure you have better things to do than answer questions. On the other hand, maybe the weather is so bad you have to stay inside! I'm just wondering if it is pretty cold on the ship during the days? I rarely wear shorts....will i be way too long inside the ship with long pants?

Chris Hart

There were times and certain places (Vista Lounge for one) that I found chilly. for the most part I was quite comfortable. I always bring a light jacket along just in case!

I hope you have an amazing time! She's a beautiful ship (once you get past the center staircase issue)!

Final thoughts…

This was my 14th cruise and 5th overall with Princess. I’d probably rate it my most favorite Princess cruise and put it in the top 3 of all of the cruises I’ve taken. While I won’t specifically book Royal again to sail Royal, I wouldn’t NOT sail her again. I think overall I prefer ships that are a bit smaller (Emerald/Ruby).

That being said, there’s a good likelihood that I will sail her again, an almost identical itinerary (less Grand Turk) in January of 2016.

Interesting that you've given it serious consideration in booking Royal Princess again despite all of the design drawbacks, short-comings, and head-scratchers you've mentioned.

And glad to hear it wasn't a "so bad you had to clean your own room" experience. I think yaw were on the same ship at the same time?

I’ve sailed the Caribbean countless times and maybe I should look into going somewhere else.

Me too, but I keep going back. Guess I've gotten to the point where the "ship as the destination" has become more important than the itinerary itself.

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

I was searching online to try and figure out one of the names of the assistant cruise directors on my trip on the Royal Princess Feb. 7-17, and I came across your review. I was on the same cruise as you! It was my first cruise, and i wish I would have known about this forum before I left!

I enjoyed most of the entertainment (but not all) in the Princess Live studio. I had no idea what to expect on the ship for entertainment, but for me, the assistant cruise directors David and Daniel made the cruise amazing. Are they all like that in every ship?? They were so fun and energetic. I loved the "name that tune - unplugged" with David. I wish he would have sold a CD of his unplugged tunes, he was such an amazing guitarist. I could have listened to him all night. The only assistant cruise director that I wasn't too excited about was Melissa. She was great the first night in the Yes or No game show, but lacked enthusiasm after that. The rest - Peter (CD), Toby, (DCD), Allan, and Tansy were awesome, so energetic! Phil Tag in The Liars Club was hilarious! I also liked listening to Phil Thompson late night at Crooners on the Piano.

I too hate the missing staircase in the middle of the ship!!

All in all, it was one of the best vacations I have been on. Can't wait to go again!

S

Thank you for your very entertaining and informative review, Nat! I am looking forward to sailing the itinerary you just sailed in whatever order the ports are offered. You have made me even more excited about it than I already was, if such a thing is possible. Now I just have to manage to find a way to make it fit into our schedule. :D

Interesting that you've given it serious consideration in booking Royal Princess again despite all of the design drawbacks, short-comings, and head-scratchers you've mentioned.

And glad to hear it wasn't a "so bad you had to clean your own room" experience. I think yaw were on the same ship at the same time?

Me too, but I keep going back. Guess I've gotten to the point where the "ship as the destination" has become more important than the itinerary itself.

:D

Nope..our room steward was the BOMB!!! He was super nice and did a great job!!!

As far as sailing Royal or any ship for that matter....I've had both good and bad experiences on cruises. What I've found it that it isn't necessarily the ship as much as it is the CREW that makes me want to return. In fact, I have booked the Royal again for next January!

The short comings of the ship I can get over...it's when (IMHO) that I have a bad experience with the crew that can leave a sour taste in my mouth!

Again..all of this has just been my two cents...there will always be people that love a particular ship or hate a particular ship. To each his own...if we all liked the same thing in life it would be a pretty boring world :)

Thanks again!

Natalie

Did you notice if they offered any special buffets at all, like out on the pool deck?

I never saw anything on deck but they did have a special buffet theme every night. The two I remember were a Brazilian theme and a Mongolian Wok. Hope that helps!

I never saw anything on deck but they did have a special buffet theme every night. The two I remember were a Brazilian theme and a Mongolian Wok. Hope that helps!

Thanks for responding! We're the theme nights you're referring to offered in the Horizon Court?