Reservation screw up on Carnivals end: Advice please

bonnetaa

Hi all,

recently I talked my parents into going with us on a cruise on the Breeze this June...they booked an aft cabin on the 6th deck, 6467 I believe...basicaly one of the center most cabins, has a couch chair etc. The carnival cruise consultant made some sort of error and to correct it, she "Upgraded" them to room 7461...apparently this room has no couch, no table and from all the reviews I found is significantly smaller, (although larger balcony). The end result is my parents are very much not pleased....had I not been going, they would have canceled. I am trying to reach out to the agent as its the one that I told them to talk to...no more aft cabins available now either. Is this something that Carnival will more then likely say deal with it, or would you think there may be a possibility of we are polite nice etc of getting them an upgrade at no charge to like a spa 9 balcony? (Or if anyone else has any other adivce on getting them thier old room back which they said they could not do now...)

Hi all,

recently I talked my parents into going with us on a cruise on the Breeze this June...they booked an aft cabin on the 6th deck, 6467 I believe...basicaly one of the center most cabins, has a couch chair etc. The carnival cruise consultant made some sort of error and to correct it, she "Upgraded" them to room 7461...apparently this room has no couch, no table and from all the reviews I found is significantly smaller, (although larger balcony). The end result is my parents are very much not pleased....had I not been going, they would have canceled. I am trying to reach out to the agent as its the one that I told them to talk to...no more aft cabins available now either. Is this something that Carnival will more then likely say deal with it, or would you think there may be a possibility of we are polite nice etc of getting them an upgrade at no charge to like a spa 9 balcony? (Or if anyone else has any other adivce on getting them thier old room back which they said they could not do now...)

Can you be more specific where you are getting your information and check the room numbers? 7461 is a very nice extended balcony and should have a sofa and a chair. You can always call carnival to confirm. You can also downgrade to a regular balcony I would think and those all have a sofa and a desk chair.

Edited by A&Jfamily

Hi all,

All you can do is ask. If they were in 6467 and were upgraded to 7461 that is a great deal. Cabin 6467 is an interior cabin.

Cabin 7461 is extended aft cabin. We love these cabins. The view is awesome and it is quite back there. It is only 3 decks up to the Lido and the elevator is not all that busy back there. If they are not able to move hopefully they will enjoy the cabin even without the sofa.

There are a few pictures on cruiselinerooms dot com maybe this will help. Maybe it will not look as bad as you think it will be and the extra balcony space is very nice. They do not have a sofa.

Edited by belkin

6467 4D 185 sq ft

Beds: two twin beds (convert to king)

View: no window

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: Interactive LCD TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, minibar, 3-closets, desk and ottoman seat

7461 8M 185/60 = 245 sq ft

View: window and aft-view extended balcony

Features: Interactive LCD TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, minibar, 2-closets, desk and ottoman seat

Balcony Features: 2 patio chairs and table / balcony partition does not open

---

Yes, check your cabin numbers. Upgrade from 4D to 8M is epic.

Also OP is correct in 7461 not stating a sofa - but 6467 not showing on either.

This also confirms no sofa for 7461: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23442869&postcount=31

Edited by YorN

Pictures on cruisedeckplans of 7460, the equivalent on port side, shows no couch, only a chair at the desk, and stool. One deck below, the same cabin, 6474, does have a couch. Both cabins are 8M (if that's the cabin chosen) so it would not be an upgrade. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

I'm guessing she meant 6476 not 6467. That's also an aft extended balcony and does have a sofa and coffee table, unlike 7461 which does not. I don't think 7461 is an upgrade (both are 8M's), and I wouldn't like the switch either.

Maybe the PCC confused 76 and 67 too, telling them they were booked in an aft balcony but actually reserving the inside. That would explain the "fix" he/she made, and why it was called an upgrade.

In any case, I agree that the only hope is for the OP to get as high in the hierarchy as she can and plead her case politely.

I'm guessing she meant 6476 not 6467. That's also an aft extended balcony and does have a sofa and coffee table, unlike 7461 which does not. I don't think 7461 is an upgrade (both are 8M's), and I wouldn't like the switch either.

If this is the case, I would agree.

6476 8M 185/60 = 245 sq ft

Features: Interactive LCD TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, minibar, 3-closets, desk and ottoman seat, sofa and coffee table

Balcony Features: 2 patio chairs and table / balcony partition opens to: 6507

we have 7465, it's a 2 passenger cabin on the breeze but we were told it has a sofa. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I haven't been able to find pictures, but from the previous post stating that the 2 passenger cabins do not have sofas it makes me wonder? :confused:

we have 7465, it's a 2 passenger cabin on the breeze but we were told it has a sofa. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I haven't been able to find pictures, but from the previous post stating that the 2 passenger cabins do not have sofas it makes me wonder? :confused:

This is the information I can find.

7465 8M 185/60 = 245 sq ft

Features: Interactive LCD TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, minibar, 3-closets, desk and ottoman seat, sofa and coffee table

Balcony Features: 2 patio chairs and table / balcony partition opens to: 7463

According to this you would have a sofa.