Manila,Boracay & Kota Kinabalu

lovescarborough

Our Jan 2016 Millenium itinerary includes these ports and I'm hoping for some information from anyone who has been there please. I have looked at Celebrity's tours but there really isn't much information there and as usual they are quite expensive. I really want to know if there is anything to see close to where the ship docks or are we limited to taking a long bus trip each time. Any help would be much appreciated!

Our Jan 2016 Millenium itinerary includes these ports and I'm hoping for some information from anyone who has been there please. I have looked at Celebrity's tours but there really isn't much information there and as usual they are quite expensive. I really want to know if there is anything to see close to where the ship docks or are we limited to taking a long bus trip each time. Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi Lovescarborough,

I'd suggest posting your question on either your Roll Call, or the Ports of Call forum. If you require additional assistance, please feel free to email me by clicking on the link below... as I'm always happy to help !

Enjoy your cruise !

In Kota Kinablu (KK) there are a few beaches and resorts and such but the main attraction would be the mountain itself, beautiful gardens and there are baths/spa facilities there as well. Lots of people go hiking up the mountain.

Some war memorials are nearby (the death marches took place from Sandakan in Sabah to near KK.:D

Interested to hear from someone that has cruised to these destinations at around this time of year. I am on same cruise 2016 as Lovescarborough . Right now I am reading about a tropical storm in the South China Sea and force 7 gales in the region. Yikes, I am a fair weather sailor. I am wondering what weather can be expected mid to end of January. Singapore, Phillipines, Hong Kong, Vietnam.

Hi

We are doing Century March 8th and will be visiting these ports-will post late March/ early April on the Asia ports page with any info. For the Oz people travelling with friends from Sydney so will get their view for you

If you look at Century posts for the Feb/March sailings you may get some info on private tours

There is some good diving off the small islands near the Shangri La Tanjung Aru hotel. A small Orangutan Sanctuary at the Shangri La Rasa Ria Hotel.

Good white water rafting a certain times of year. There also used to be a steam train that ran daily trips but I'm not sure if that still operates.

Some golf courses around as well. The city of Kota Kinabalu has little in the way of attractions