Group Bookings

Hi, what is considered a group booking (minimum numbers or cabins) looking to book a cruise for 14+ people over 4 or 4 cabins. Is there any advantage to making a 'group' booking?

Thanks

My guess would be that those numbers are large enough for a group but I suggest calling the cruise line direct for confirmation, it may well vary from company to company.:D

Hi, what is considered a group booking (minimum numbers or cabins) looking to book a cruise for 14+ people over 4 or 4 cabins. Is there any advantage to making a 'group' booking?

Thanks

As said, it does depend on cruise line.

If only 4 cabins though, it's unlikely to qualify. For example, for RCL 8 cabins minimum is required.

Keep in mind, even if you qualify, you're also then potentially qualifying for a world of hurt. Managing bookings for a group (which means you take over responsibility for those) has scarred many of those who've done it once from ever doing it again!

If only 4 cabins though, it's unlikely to qualify. For example, for RCL 8 cabins minimum is required.

Keep in mind, even if you qualify, you're also then potentially qualifying for a world of hurt. Managing bookings for a group (which means you take over responsibility for those) has scarred many of those who've done it once from ever doing it again!

Agreed, I was going to do it for a previous cruise (my wife's birthday) and it started to become like herding cats, with getting people to commit and deposits paid, so just told everyone what to do and left it up to them.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

So true ..... a group booking can be a real mine field. When we have cruised with friends we all made and looked after our own bookings......or we booked,paid , and invited friends as guests.

Firstly which line, as they are all different, but the minimum I've come across is five cabins [i think they all base it on cabins not people], and then do you want the hassle of getting everyone's money, but if that's not a problem call the line and ask.

I would suggest setting some ground rules about "free" time and what you are and are not going to do together.