Just off 3rd trip the Oasis. Total lack of wow

rt1092

RCL is still the best.....period!!

That may be true but they still have let service, amenities slip. Its like a drip from a faucet soon you find many of the nice things gone (midnight buffet, poolside BBQ, free Johnny Rockets ext.)....I have to say with all my complaining every time I try another cruise line I am disappointed. Many rccl seasoned cruisers hold royal up to a higher standard.

Haven't read anything here where OP sounded entitled or demanding of special treatment. Rather, read decline of service. Can someone point out where OP was acting demanding? If you have spent enough money to earn a perk, are you NOT entitled to it? People need to stop using the word entitled as a pejorative term.

Rah rah siss boom bah

I agree totally :)

The world changes and RCI changes. It´s pretty unreasonable to expect everything stays the same forever. And yes having unreasonable expectations is your fault.

If you dislike a Change it´s your choice how you will deal with it. Walking away and taking your Business elsewhere is one Option, but if you do so you should do it with grace and not whiney.

It isn't unreasonable to expect quality and consistency, little of which Royal seems to be giving at the moment

OP complained about drink prices (the prices being variable at different bars). This would have been to avoid had RCI published the drink prices. Instead, RCI made a conscious decision to remove drink prices and play games with guests. That is contempt for the guest.

And while all venues are basically first come, first server, RCI made a lot of noise about opening up a new DL and providing more options, space, and venues for loyalty guests and then just as quickly closing the new venue down and pushing all loyalty guests into a smaller venue than was cumulatively offered prior to dry dock. Yes, one can make use of the vouchers at other bars, but to do so they forgo other services provided in the loyalty lounges.

And whenever someone here has a criticism of changes in how RCI operates they are belittled, berated, told they are the ones who are wrong, and taunted by others. Many years ago this site got a bad rep for having paid RCI shills on here to defend them. I'm not sure that has ever been remedied. By some of the responses on here I would say it has not.

Isn't RCI all about providing a "Wow" experience? When they don't provide that, shouldn't they know so that they have the opportunity to course correct? Shouldn't other brand enthusiasts know in order to set their expectations correctly? Why should OP be shouted down about it?

Gosh !!!!!!!

I didn't know about the shills - many posters on here makes sense to me now :) :) :)

It isn't unreasonable to expect quality and consistency, little of which Royal seems to be giving at the moment

There was quality and consistency on my recent B2B cruise on NOS. Prefect, no, of course not, but just as good as my first Royal Caribbean cruise years ago.

There was also rather consistent crowding in both the CL and DL between 5 and 6 pm. So, if the seats were taken we'd get a drink and maybe a small plate of food then head to a another venue. Or we'd just go straight to a differerent bar to use our vouchers for a drink before dinner. It was not a big deal for us.

I do think the cruiseline could better (and happily) disperse the D's and D+'s with some smart entertainment choices and scheduling. I think if they put terrific band(s) for listening and/or dancing in bar(s) during the 4:30-6:00 timeframe, many more loyalty members would have a reason to go to those venues. If those great bands started right after interactive activities that are often popular with loyalty members (like trivia), even better, as happy cruisers will likely continue their conversations over a pre dinner drink.

RCL is still the best.....period!!

Really? How many cruise lines have you personally traveled with? I think if you were to read some national publications who have gathered public opinion and you will not see RCCL in the overall top 5.

You can't fix stupid. He could obviously see my mother-in-law was in a wheel chair.

To tell us to look upstairs was rude to me.

The place was full. What would you have had him do? Ask someone else to leave so you could have his space?

A more appropriate choice would've been to go to Guest Services. They would be more likely to have the authority to open extra lounge space, which you said has been a possibility in the past.

Don't complain to the worker bees who don't have the authority to make changes happen.

Yes, one can make use of the vouchers at other bars, but to do so they forgo other services provided in the loyalty lounges.

Other than some microwaved frozen appetizers, what other services do they have to forego?

Seeing the concierge with a request? Go another time. They'll be happy to help you.

The self serve coffee machine? Ditto, its still there all day long. Likewise the quiet place to sit and read. And I've never seen the continental breakfast particularly crowded.

Are there some other services offered only during happy hour that I'm forgetting about?

I guess from now on I should skip the last dinner, and the $100 in tips for the wait staff. And eat in the windjammer that night. I see this is what a lot of newer cruisers are doing lately.

Not necessary to skip out on tips. You can always give them to your wait staff the night before, or slip in before or after dinner to give them out. Or prepay them. ;)

You don't seem to realize one important thing. A satisfied customer will usually tell 3 or 4 people. A dissatisfied customer will tell 10 times that.

Anyone that has been in business should realize that.

And yet.... they keep filling ships. One can only surmise that there are far more satisfied pax than dissatisfied, and that the 3 or 4 people they each talk to far outnumbers the 10 that the few dissatisfied pax talk to.

Just off today. Lack of any WOW except for Carmella our stateroom attendant.

Seems like the rumors that royal isn't catering to repeat customers is true.

The concierge lounge now hosts all from diamond up (no specific diamond lounge) At ten minutes after 5 you can't even get a seat. We asked the staff about it they said try upstairs. I told them fine you carry my wheelchair bound mother in law up and down the stairs, and look for a seat

In the past they have always open satellite lounges for the overflow. Not any more.

The food and dining room service was so-so. Not poor just acceptable.

They schedule the farewell show at 8:45 (one show only) so nobody that has late seating can even attend. I'm sure they hope you'll go buy a diner somewhere that night.

I ordered the same drink in 5 different bars and paid 4 different prices. When I inquired about it the bartenders said the other guy made a mistake.

The elevators and guest services were worst than I remembered.

This was our 4th trip on this class, and our last unless they come up with an almost free cruise. And if royal continues their race to the bottom. Our royal days will be over. With the prices royal is getting with their bogoho "sales" you would expect better than ncl or carnival.

Sorry you had a disappointing cruise. We were on the Oasis in November, and had a really nice time. I don't recall there being a farewell show in November, but I do remember prices on the bar menus.

It seems like the a big part of your disappointment was the crowded CL/DL or whatever they're calling it.:rolleyes: I do kind of wonder if that affected your perceptions about everything?

I'm just a lowly Diamond, and one of those much hated non-loyal people who like to buy their perks by cruising in suites. I can honestly say that with all the lovely venues on a ship, the CL and/or DL are usually the last place I go for a cocktail before dinner!:eek:

Since I cruise different lines I also visit lots of different boards. For what it's worth, this same thing is being said by long-time cruisers on every line right now. I think the reality is that our society and the industry has changed, and all the cruise lines are trying to change with the times and attract new cruisers while still holding onto their customer base. Some things work and some things don't -- but undoubtedly there are plenty of bumps in the road.

Other than some microwaved frozen appetizers, what other services do they have to forego?

Seeing the concierge with a request? Go another time. They'll be happy to help you.

The self serve coffee machine? Ditto, its still there all day long. Likewise the quiet place to sit and read. And I've never seen the continental breakfast particularly crowded.

Are there some other services offered only during happy hour that I'm forgetting about?

Not necessary to skip out on tips. You can always give them to your wait staff the night before, or slip in before or after dinner to give them out. Or prepay them. ;)

how can I properly answer when you've pre dismissed most of the reasons someone would want to use a lounge/benefits they are entitled to???

We had the royal suite on the navigator a couple of years ago and could not access the cl because it was too crowded with diamond plus folks.

Yes, we too were in the Royal suite last year. Again the concierge was wonderful in making sure that we were happy despite the overcrowded lounge which we chose not to use too.

I guess you are one of those that just prepay and then walk away on the last night. I always prepay then if there are no issues tip more on the last night.

And BTW the Latte machine was broken during the day at least 2 days I know of. I guess we should have gone down to starbucks and paid for it?

Edited by rt1092

The place was full. What would you have had him do? Ask someone else to leave so you could have his space?

A more appropriate choice would've been to go to Guest Services. They would be more likely to have the authority to open extra lounge space, which you said has been a possibility in the past.

Don't complain to the worker bees who don't have the authority to make changes happen.

Have you ever been on the oasis?

Do you realize how long the lines are for guest services?

And BTW the concierge is the one who would/should make that call.

No tip for him this trip.

How fortunate you are! You can afford full suites on cruises and probably first class on your flights as well. More power to you!

But am I wrong to expect the amenities that RCI has said I am entitled to? One only need to review said benefits on the web site on their Crown & Anchor page. What makes my expectations less important than yours, if such benefits and amenities are stated by RCI that I have earned?

Hope you continue to enjoy cruising, as I know I certainly will! I will also keep expecting to enjoy what RCI has stated I can expect!

I think you and I agree more than you think! I agree that RCL should deliver what they promise.

I also think they did not anticiapte how many "Diamonds" they would attrack and having 500 diamond members on a single cruise all of them expecting a couple of folks and limited lounge space for all 500 is ismply not realisitic.

The program simply has too many people and RCI needs to revamp and re-set the program expectations.

And yes, the seats in the front of the plane are really nice.

These boards, this world of cc always makes me chuckle. [emoji57]

Experienced cruisers... Your former glory days of titanic-era elitist cruises are over! Move on to Azamara and save us a gripe-fest! Just because you're diamond plus pinnacle you cruised your whole life and deserve everything for free attitude isn't being satisfied shouldn't mean you should poo poo an incredible ship and staff. After all it's all your freebies, free drinks here, free OBC there, price drop here balcony discount there that creates the need for royal to consistently reevaluate their budget, cut corners and ways to pet the kitties and keep them satisfied.

I am the new face of cruising. I am diamond and I could give two poos about it! I still buy the beverage package (no mixed up drink prices there!) and don't plan to use the lounge. I cruise to get away from it all. To enjoy the hard work of hard-working people and not view them as just the help, rather people who are dedicated to ensuring I have a nice vacation. I don't sit around and gripe about different priced drinks or mediocre food. What are you expecting? If something on land can do it better I think we'd all prefer you to stay on land and keep your bad attitude on land as well! Us young cruisers see this behavior on the ship and laugh. We laugh at you and your terrible attitudes and then high five the bar tenders we've made an actual connection with as you leave with your bad attitude.

I'm headed on Oasis next week for the second time, fourth time on oasis class and each time seems to get better and better. Can't wait for my incredible mediocre vacation to begin and pray to God that there's no whiners to bring us all down!!! Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this post

The suite lounge is for full suite guests regardless of loyalty level. D plus not in a GS or better are not allowed. Basically there is one loyalty lounge and one suite lounge.

NO this is NOT TRUE: Both Pinnacle & Diamond Plus get the Concierge Lounge, along with Full Suite Guests & Above. Several years ago, Diamonds lost CL privileges/rights, but were given their own lounge, or nightly party.

Exclusive Onboard Booking Bonus1

Ultimate Value Booklet with great onboard offers

Exclusive invitation to Welcome Back Party2

SeaPass Card recognition

Meet the Stars!

Priority check-in3

Private departure lounge with continental breakfast

Exclusive Trivia

Exclusive Top Tier Event

Robes for use onboard3

Signature lapel pin

Welcome Gift/Amenity including choice of beverage5

Milestone recognition4

Chef's Choice Gift/Amenity

Priority wait list for Shore Excursions/VitalitySM Day Spa services

Diamond Lounge (on select ships)7

Priority departure

Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event6

Daily breakfast with specialty coffee7

Entertainment Tour8

Behind the Scenes Tours8

Personalized Gift/Amenity9

Concierge Lounge Access

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/viewAllBenefitsLoggedout.do?memberTier=Diamond+Plus

15 The Concierge Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests 21 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Guests and friends of Suite guests/Diamond Plus members are not allowed into the Concierge lounge due to limited space.

Priority seating at theater, ice show and AquaTheater events10

Meal with an Officer for members with 340 or more cruise points2

Upgraded bathroom amenities for members with 340 or more cruise points

Bonus Gift for members with 350 or more cruise points9

Bonus Gift for members with 525 or more cruise points9

Edited by gkbiiii

First the discussion was not about the same bar at the same time.

Yes I can easiyl see why a drink at one bar would be more expensive than the same drink at another one and I would be perfectly happy with it.

Just as a drink in a Hotel might be more expensive in the revolving rooftop bar than the same drink sown in the Lobby bar, I can sse different charges for different bars on a ship.

I never said this is the case on RCI, but I surely wouldn´t blink an eye if it were.

Are you completely crazy, this whole thing is obscene!!!!

Edited by gkbiiii

NO this is NOT TRUE: Both Pinnacle & Diamond Plus get the Concierge Lounge, along with Full Suite Guests & Above. Several years ago, Diamonds lost CL privileges/rights, but were given their own lounge, or nightly party.

You are 100% wrong as far as the oasis is concerned. The former concierge lounge. is now the diamond lounge. That is supposed to accommodate diamond, diamond plus, and pinnacle. The suite lounge is for suites only. And there are no other lounges for C&A members on the ship.

I don't care what you cut and paste. This is the way it is in real life.

It's true on Oasis. There is a lounge (Suite Lounge) and restaurant that is for suite guests and Pinnacle members only. The CL on Deck 11 (not sure what they're calling it) is now for Diamond, D+, and Pinnacle. The old old DL on 6 is gone, and the new old DL on Deck 4 is gone now too.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's true on Oasis. There is a lounge (Suite Lounge) and restaurant that is for suite guests and Pinnacle members only. The CL on Deck 11 (not sure what they're calling it) is now for Diamond, D+, and Pinnacle. The old old DL on 6 is gone, and the new old DL on Deck 4 is gone now too.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where do the Diamonds go??