Signature Beverage vs Explore4 packages?

DaveOKC

I just got back from a cruise on the Westerdam. I had originally booked an Explore4 package then cancelled that for a lower price and finally got a Signature Beverage package added for free.

My question - I was fairly certain that the Explore4 beverage part of the package gave us 15 drinks per day per cabin (plenty for us). When we boarded, both of us got Signature Beverage Cards, which clearly stated that we got 15 drinks per day PER CARD (so 30 in total). We checked on this with the front desk and bar staff and they said that was correct.

Since I have another cruise coming up the the Signature Beverage package, I wanted to confirm that this is normal (15 per person).

Anyone have experience with this? One of our fellow passengers said they used more than 15 per day, so it must be??

DaveOKC

7 Day Signature Beverage Package

This is from the Holland America web site. It is the Signature Beverage Package.

Our convenient, affordable Signature Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas & coffee! Includes any beverage priced at a $7.00 or lower menu price. Up to 15 beverages per day. * Prices are per day; Signature Beverage Package for $44.95* per day, per person a 15% service charge is not included and will be automatically applied to your purchase. The package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. Up to a 15-drink maximum per day. All adults over 21 years old booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. Participants may order only one drink at a time. No sharing is permitted. Excludes Mini Bar, In-Room Dining, & beverages on Half Moon Cay. Packages are not transferable or refundable. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason; including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated customers. Must be 21 years or older to purchase and agree not to give to minors.

My question - I was fairly certain that the Explore4 beverage part of the package gave us 15 drinks per day per cabin (plenty for us).

DaveOKC

I'm sure somebody will jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe the Explore4 beverage package is per person in the cabin too just like buying only the package. Or at least that was the way it was in March 2014, we both got cards.

Edited by larsen

Definitely correct, Dave. DM and I had the Explore4 package last May and it was 15 drinks/day/person. We didn't even come close!!! Even with purchasing pop, we didn't come close. But what we did receive was FREE!!! So, it was still a win for us as our cruise price did not increase with the inclusion of the Explore4.

Yes, there is a 15 drink/person/day limit on the Signature Beverage Package.

The Explore4 promo includes a Signature Beverage Package with the same restrictions.

If a fellow passenger was able to get more than 15 drinks in one day, they were just lucky or maybe good tippers.

Edited by OVgirl

The Explore4 promo includes a Signature Beverage Package with the same restrictions.

If a fellow passenger was able to get more than 15 drinks in one day, they were just lucky or maybe good tippers.

Sorry if I confused the issue, but what I meant was that between the two passengers in a cabin they combined for over 15 drinks (which is what I thought the limit was).

So what is the difference between both packages? I know on the Explore 4 you get a dinner at the Pinnacle, what about the Signature Beverage Package?

So what is the difference between both packages? I know on the Explore 4 you get a dinner at the Pinnacle, what about the Signature Beverage Package?

What taxmantoo says. :)

Edited by qsuzi

Sorry if I confused the issue, but what I meant was that between the two passengers in a cabin they combined for over 15 drinks (which is what I thought the limit was).

The limit it 15 drinks, per person, per day. It is not 15 drinks per day, per cabin.

Each adult that has the package is allowed the 15 drink limit, so total of 30 drinks per cabin, per day.

We also got bottles of water to take ashore and also unopened beers to enjoy on our verandah.

The limit it 15 drinks, per person, per day. It is not 15 drinks per day, per cabin.

Each adult that has the package is allowed the 15 drink limit, so total of 30 drinks per cabin, per day.

We also got bottles of water to take ashore and also unopened beers to enjoy on our verandah.

Getting bottled water will be great.

There are four perks to the Explore4 promotion: The SBP, and the Pinnacle Dinner are the two main ones. The other two are reduced deposits and 3 & 4th passenger in the cabin at reduced rates.