Romance Package,,, "Breakfast in bed"?

Here's the advertisement and offer. I called to see what was "special" about the "Breakfast in bed" since I can call ANY MORNING and have room service bring me breakfast for free. I thought maybe it was a HOT breakfast from the MDR that isn't normally available or set up special some how. NOPE! He stated that it was the same breakfast that I would always get from room service. I asked him why it was an OFFERING included in the package. He could not tell me. $100 bucks for some cupcakes, cheap champagne, a few edibles and a small picture and frame? :eek: What's up with the so-called "Breakfast In Bed"?

Anyone???

Classic Romance Package $100.00 USD Item# 1060

Package contains vanilla cupcakes, a bottle of bubbly in your stateroom upon arrival, a tray of elegant canapés in your stateroom before dinner on a formal night, petit fours after the meal, breakfast in bed and an 8” x 10” framed keepsake portrait.

Edited by SpeedsterX

Ok, just spoke to a supervisor and she seemed a bit confused as well but she stated that "from her understanding" that it IS a HOT breakfast from the MDR that they bring to your room and that it's something usually only reserved for suite guests. I guess that kinda answers my question. I just wish she was more definitive than to say it's her "understanding". Would still love to hear from anyone else who have had this.

hmm they must have ditched the rose petals on the bed at turndown one night.

but yes it does include more options than the standard cabin receives for morning room service. and IIRC( its been a few years) the Breakfast also included a mimosa per person.

FTR I thought the cupcakes were dry, tasteless and a complete waste.

if you are in a suite, you will automatically get a fruit plate on embarkation day, at least one plate of cheese/fruit and a plate of canapés throughout the cruise. if not you can get a very nice one through RS

Bubbly..well you can bring your own these days with nor corkage fee

petty sure the frame never survived the trip home...

I have had the package before. The breakfast is upgraded with caviar and your choice of either a mimosa or Bloody Mary. You get a different menu to check off the items you want than the standard room service breakfast menu and you give that to your Head Waiter at dinner in the MDR the night before you want to have it and it will be delivered nice and hot. Also the coffee you get is much better.

Thanks for the response. Sounds like not worth $100. Did you enjoy it or think it was worth it?

would not pay for it again. the picture frame was useless, the cupcakes were wasted(even if they weren't stale we never would have eaten all of them) we can bring our own( better) sparkling wine or prosecco and quite honestly the RS appetizers are just as good.

I have had the package before. The breakfast is upgraded with caviar and your choice of either a mimosa or Bloody Mary. You get a different menu to check off the items you want than the standard room service breakfast menu and you give that to your Head Waiter at dinner in the MDR the night before you want to have it and it will be delivered nice and hot. Also the coffee you get is much better.

This is what I was looking for. Sounds pretty nice,,,, not $100 nice but nice. May just pass that up and go for some wine and chocolate covered strawberries. Thanks!

would not pay for it again. the picture frame was useless, the cupcakes were wasted(even if they weren't stale we never would have eaten all of them) we can bring our own( better) sparkling wine or prosecco and quite honestly the RS appetizers are just as good.

Yep, not going to do it. I'm not that big of a cup cake guy. lol :)

The cupcakes are good but we only ate one the whole week. We like the picture frame and you get one free 8x10 of any picture you took during the cruise. The champagne isn't expensive but you are not going to get expensive in a hundred dollar package so we didn't expect it. The petit fors and canapés are ok not great but ok. I order the package and a dozen roses because it is doing our anniversary time and the wife appreciates the thought! :cool:

The Romance package was one of the perks we received from an on line TA for a cruise. The breakfast included a choice of Bloody Mary or Mimosa and it was a full course breakfast. We liked the cupcakes but with so much food around, really did not need them or the canapés.:D The picture frame was a nice souvenir.

Would I pay $100 for this package? Absolutely not. But as a perk, it was very nice! :D

Sherri:)

The cupcakes are good but we only ate one the whole week. We like the picture frame and you get one free 8x10 of any picture you took during the cruise. The champagne isn't expensive but you are not going to get expensive in a hundred dollar package so we didn't expect it. The petit fors and canapés are ok not great but ok. I order the package and a dozen roses because it is doing our anniversary time and the wife appreciates the thought! :cool:

The Romance package was one of the perks we received from an on line TA for a cruise. The breakfast included a choice of Bloody Mary or Mimosa and it was a full course breakfast. We liked the cupcakes but with so much food around, really did not need them or the canapés.:D The picture frame was a nice souvenir.

Would I pay $100 for this package? Absolutely not. But as a perk, it was very nice! :D

Great information! Thank you'all! I guess what I am trying to figure out is if it would be worth it to HER. I want it to be a surprise so I'll just have to think about it for a while.

Great information! Thank you'all! I guess what I am trying to figure out is if it would be worth it to HER. I want it to be a surprise so I'll just have to think about it for a while.

I have to admit if my husband ordered this on his own as a surprise for me, I would be thrilled! I just wouldn't think about the price!:D

I have to admit if my husband ordered this on his own as a surprise for me, I would be thrilled! I just wouldn't think about the price!:D

I'd be thrilled if my husband went to the Windjammer before I got up and came back with breakfast and coffee. Wouldn't cost anything. (Not thrilled with room service breakfast the time we tried it.)

And that is exactly why I have done it in the past. I have a wife that like the little things I take time to do and to see her smile and happy because of it surely out weighs the cost or what you get or don't get in the package and that makes it worth it for me. This holds true be it on a cruise or at home as I have sent flowers or incredible edibles to her job not because it was her birthday or anniversary or valentines day, etc but any day throughout the year! Even the specialty restaurants on board. It might not be the best food or steak I have ever had but once again, its about seeing her happy by getting away to a cozy table for just us two to enjoy each others company a night or two for dinner on the cruise! :cool:

I bought the $200 romance package for our November Oasis cruise and we were blown away with the value it provided. Two thick terry robes to keep, an 8x10 picture with silver frame, a bottle of Vueve Cliquot champagne ($40 bucks retail) with 4 cupcakes at arrival, hor dorerves and petite fors on both nights....and breakfast in bed one morning. The robes are probably $85 bucks alone. Oh yeas, and flowers in cabin too....we were very pleased with it's value.

I forgot.....the breakfast in bed included mimosas or bloody marys.....it was a hot breakfast.....and quite good, though it said it had caviar on the eggs and we did not see that. But overall we added up well over $400 bucks in items for the price.

I bought the $200 romance package for our November Oasis cruise and we were blown away with the value it provided. Two thick terry robes to keep, an 8x10 picture with silver frame, a bottle of Vueve Cliquot champagne ($40 bucks retail) with 4 cupcakes at arrival, hor dorerves and petite fors on both nights....and breakfast in bed one morning. The robes are probably $85 bucks alone. Oh yeas, and flowers in cabin too....we were very pleased with it's value.

That is the 1st one we did. But the last time we just did the $100 version as we didn't want to robes again. We actually had to buy a small carry on to carry the robes in to get them home as there was not enough room in our luggage for them. :cool:

I'd rather he bring me coffee and a pastry after he is done working out and book a dinner in a specialty. a lot less than $100 and nothing gets wasted.

I'd be thrilled if my husband went to the Windjammer before I got up and came back with breakfast and coffee. Wouldn't cost anything. (Not thrilled with room service breakfast the time we tried it.)

HA! I hear ya! I can't even get that to happen :rolleyes: so those of you whose hubbies either do something like this or buy the package, know how blessed & lucky you are!!!

Can you tell me the item number to this? I can not find it in the "Romance Packages". Even the most expensive ($300+) "Romance Package" does not include robes that I can find. Thank you!!

Edited by SpeedsterX

Can you tell me the item number to this? I can not find it in the "Romance Packages". Even the most expensive ($300+) "Romance Package" does not include robes that I can find. Thank you!!

I looked and that package is no longer offered!

Thanks for the response. Sounds like not worth $100. Did you enjoy it or think it was worth it?

The value is greater than the on-ship prices, and some items are only available through the package. The breakfast menu includes mimosas and bloody Mary's. We get the package on every sailing, a wall in our living room is filled with silver picture frames.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked and that package is no longer offered!

Damn!! That sounded like a great Package! Thanks a lot RCL for ending a good deal! :rolleyes:

I guess if I'm going to spend a bunch of money on special surprises, I'll just SAVE money and buy retail off the ship before hand and bring it all onboard with my friends. HEAR THAT RCL??!!

Edited by SpeedsterX