T.A. messed up - Booked Oceanview, instead of Guaranteed Balcony...

Tildi

We booked a "Balcony Guarantee" in Dec. through a well known Australian T.A.

On the weekend, we finally got cabin allocated. :D

To our dismay, Cabin is on deck 1 & is an Oceanview. :(

Contacted the T.A, & she apologised profusely.

She had booked us in Oceanview Category, instead of Balcony.

She also said she has never made an error in a booking before.

The Cruise leaves in 9 days & only Cabins left (on website) are interiors.

She said that Carnival now has up the top of the Waiting List.

& she was trying some contacts she has within Carnival.

Has anyone been through this before?

& if so, what was the result?

Feeling very frustrated & disillusioned at this point in time :(

What does your original paperwork say.

If your invoice says balcony guarantee.....the agent is in trouble.

Similar thing happened to my cruisemates.....we both booked through the "Captain".

Upgraded from mini suite to suite on Princess....paided extra cash and got a receipt.

1 week before cruise,they noticed they were still in mini suite.

The captain ended up paying compensation.

What does your original paperwork say.

If your invoice says balcony guarantee.....the agent is in trouble.

Similar thing happened to my cruisemates.....we both booked through the "Captain".

Upgraded from mini suite to suite on Princess....paided extra cash and got a receipt.

1 week before cruise,they noticed they were still in mini suite.

The captain ended up paying compensation.

The paperwork says "Balcony guarantee"

I am just hoping that she can fix it somehow.

Check your paperwork to see if it says balcony. If so, then its up to the agent to fix the error. What did you pay for?

If not, well then its a case of you maybe not checking your paperwork carefully. I know when using TA I check the invoice and paperwork straight away after booking and handing over cash.

Good luck.

The paperwork says "Balcony guarantee"

I am just hoping that she can fix it somehow.

Well she better start pulling some big strings because she has messed up big time.

If she can't fix it. Seek some sort of compensation from the agency for their error and try and enjoy your cruise. Not much you can do about it at the moment.

Have you tried calling to speak to the manager at the cruise agency?

If this is Spirit 18 Feb Carnival web site currently showing balconies available.

It is that cruise.

I know it shows on main page that balconies are available, but if you go two screens further, in this mock booking, there are only interiors to book.

Well she better start pulling some big strings because she has messed up big time.

If she can't fix it. Seek some sort of compensation from the agency for their error and try and enjoy your cruise. Not much you can do about it at the moment.

Have you tried calling to speak to the manager at the cruise agency?

Just got off the phone from T.A. She takes full responsibility for the error.

She apologised profusely & thanked us for not yelling at her.

(Yelling wouldn't change the situation & we are all Human & prone to error)

She is trying every avenue & is hopeful on talking to someone in Carnival who is back from A/L tomorrow.

She touched on the fact that if we couldn't get the balcony would we still sail? I told her it's hard, because already out of pocket for non-refundable flights & hotel to the tune of $1,000.

She assured me she would work with her manager, to give a satifactory outcome.

Just really posted here, to vent my frustration...

Thanks for listening/reading :)

Edited by Tildi

Carnival website showing cabin 7189 Extended balcony and 5197 balcony avail to book quad share ... mock booking ... suggest your travel sales person tries a little harder for you .. it will cost the agency but their error they wear it ... good luck

Carnival website showing cabin 7189 Extended balcony and 5197 balcony avail to book quad share ... mock booking ... suggest your travel sales person tries a little harder for you .. it will cost the agency but their error they wear it ... good luck

Thank you for your reply.

Hmm, can I ask, in a round about kind of way, can you tell me where you have seen that?

On the main Aussie site, they only have interiors showing.

Thank you for your reply.

Hmm, can I ask, in a round about kind of way, can you tell me where you have seen that?

On the main Aussie site, they only have interiors showing.

On Carnival Australia site do a booking quad share not twin ...mock booking shows these two cabins are bookable quad share .... it pays to look beyond the obvious btw my mock booking price for 4 = $6536 .... up to agent as gesture of goodwill to try and secure if still available in morning ... at that price dont see folk queueing for them cheers

On Carnival Australia site do a booking quad share not twin ...mock booking shows these two cabins are bookable quad share .... it pays to look beyond the obvious btw my mock booking price for 4 = $6536 .... up to agent as gesture of goodwill to try and secure if still available in morning ... at that price dont see folk queueing for them cheers

Rci does holds on cabins for 24 hours. I would see if carnival does the same. If so place it on hold, go back to the agency and give them the details to book.

BadgerBILL, You ARE an absolute LEGEND!!!!!

I never thought of looking at quad shares, just looked at twins!!

YOU are 100% right, there are balconies & suites for quad share!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FINDING THIS & POINTING IT OUT TO US.

Will be using YOUR info, to OUR advantage, in negotiations with T.A.!

"Thinking" that the Cruise was Full, (except for Interiors & NO "real" hope, of a "good" resolution, was a horrible place to be...)

Feeling "EMPOWERED", because of YOU!!!!

(P.S. BadgerBILL... Caps are for emphasis, absolutely, NOT YELLING at You.

Just SHOUTING, A massive HALLELUGIAH, that there REALLY IS some HOPE in Our Scenario!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH....!!!!

YOU TRULY, have made OUR Day !!! :D

Edited by Tildi

She assured me she would work with her manager, to give a satifactory outcome.

Just really posted here, to vent my frustration...

Thanks for listening/reading :)

Sounds like she's taken responsibility and doing the best for you, so things are promising if there is a way something can be worked out.

Much easier than when the agent is in hiding, or making excuses, or saying it's the cruise line's mistake.

Sounds like she's taken responsibility and doing the best for you, so things are promising if there is a way something can be worked out.

Much easier than when the agent is in hiding, or making excuses, or saying it's the cruise line's mistake.

I am not a huge Facebook User, but I wish there was a "LIKE" option on CC.

"LIKE" your reply & agree.

Thanks Big M

:)

BadgerBILL, You ARE an absolute LEGEND!!!!!

I never thought of looking at quad shares, just looked at twins!!

YOU are 100% right, there are balconies & suites for quad share!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FINDING THIS & POINTING IT OUT TO US.

Will be using YOUR info, to OUR advantage, in negotiations with T.A.!

"Thinking" that the Cruise was Full, (except for Interiors & NO "real" hope, of a "good" resolution, was a horrible place to be...)

Feeling "EMPOWERED", because of YOU!!!!

(P.S. BadgerBILL... Caps are for emphasis, absolutely, NOT YELLING at You.

Just SHOUTING, A massive HALLELUGIAH, that there REALLY IS some HOPE in Our Scenario!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH....!!!!

YOU TRULY, have made OUR Day !!! :D

Naww you made me blush....thanks....:o hope the little bit of info helps.....

We the retail public aren't as ignorant and as complacement as we were in the past....we in fact can be a whole lot more knowledgeable than the salesperson......having worked in retail for way too many years I have seen so many people take ownership of their mistakes, and we all make them, BUT when it comes to resolve and the possiblity of making a loss from, in this instance, one sale they balk....pfft..... man up agency, cop the loss and regain the confidence of your client ... a greater loss to you could come via word of mouth.......and we all know bad news travels faster than good....

Awaiting with bated breath!

You'd think someone in the process from either the TA or Carnival would have thought to look at quad classified cabins avail, or just holistically what cabins were vacant... right? Derp.

That would be too easy.:rolleyes: