any issues - flights or seats changes with EZAir

mysaddlebred000

Haven't been able to pre book seat on some airlines. Once I paid the fare in full. I asked for an early release of the tickets and then I could book the seats online or by phone with the airline direct. I have found if a codeshare is being used then there might be a problem. Never had any flights changed or cancelled. We have used EZAir for 10 of our Princess cruises.

We have used EZ Air many times with no problems. This time when I requested seat assignments I got them for the two flights TO and on the first leg FROM but could not get them for the long haul LHR to YVR on BA.

I waited until final payment and tried again....third phone call to Princess, two phones from them to EZ Air and one phone call to BA, I finally got seats 'requested' for the long haul back but it was Princess who did it, not BA.

Now 'requested' does not mean 'assigned' and all 4 flights are code shares. We had no problem doing this using BA last time but for some reason, it is not as easy this time. So fingers crossed that when I check in online 24 hrs ahead, my 'requests' are close to what we get.

The cost savings tho make it a no brainer for us at least flying out of Canada so hope it all falls into place for our trip next month.

I like EZair and have good luck so far. I received an email yesterday my Delta flights for October were changed but it was a matter of 10 or 15 minutes for 2 flights. I checked direct with Delta and my seats were the same so all is good. I can't do Delta Comfort yet for the ATL to BCN long flight, but probably after final payment. My seat assignment isn't horrible if I can't.

I am using EZ Air also for a Med Cruise in October. I was excited about the direct flight to Rome from ATL and the direct home from BCN. The price was really good and I was able to pick seats immediately. They are all through Delta and when they changed it by 5-10 mins they notified me. Hoping it all stays good.

My only time using Ezair was on Air France YVR- CDG-BCN. booked six months out, were able to pick seats, paid earlier than needed to to guarantee ticket. Our wait time in France we chose 3+ hours connection time, rather than an also available 1 hour, to minimize problems.

I checked daily and all was well and the night before I printed our boarding passes.

The next morning waiting for our ride I got an email that our connection time was now over 7 hours!

To make a long story short, we had to wait until landing in France and talk to rep who somehow managed to get us and our luggage onto that flight that was leaving in now 45 minutes.

So it all turned out even better in the end but put a stressful start to our holiday.

Also got an email about a week later from Air France with a voucher for 75 Euros each for inconvenience.

We were able to choose our British Airways flight seats via EZAir, did not have to go to the airline website. We've always chosen our seats without contacting the airline and have never had a problem.

As I understand it, that's just a request. You haven't chosen those seats unless you pay for them in advance. If it's a true British Airways flight (and not a codeshare), then you have to pay for your seats in advance or wait until the last 24 hrs. to get them (or 48 hrs depending on your status). AND - in order to book seats with BA, you have to pay for your cruise and your flights in full or Princess won't ticket them if they're fully refundable tickets. Then you have to request Early Ticketing with Princess (fill out form & fax into them). With Delta or American flights, you can book the exact seats you want free of charge way ahead of time.

I chose seats with BA too, then realized what was really happening. I went to BA to make a booking and there were the seats I had just chosen and I thought I had booked. So, it's just a request and not really booked and anyone can pay for that seat ahead of time that you've requested. They may not, but usually they will if it's a good seat. We just paid $254 for our seat selections with BA for one-way flights, so it can be quite pricey but sometimes worth the extra money.

What is a code share??

Code share is an agreement between airlines that allow them to sell tickets on other airline. These are airlines that aren't

within one of the large world airline code shares.

This way smaller airports are serviced by more than one airlines.

Some routes we fly have had a code share with four other airlines.

There are also two large code share groups of airlines.

They are one world and star alliance. These groups allow airlines (within the group) to ticket and book seats on other members.

What is a code share??

According to Wikipedia:

A
codeshare
agreement, sometimes simply
codeshare
, is an aviation business arrangement where two or more
airlines share
the same flight.
Sharing
, in this sense,
means
that each
airline
publishes and markets the flight under its own
airline
designator and flight number as part of its published timetable or schedule.

Most international airlines belong to alliances (for example United is part of the Star Alliance, American is part of the of the Oneworld Alliance, Delta is part of the Sky Team Alliance). In a codeshare one of the alliance members provides the equipment and the crew while, as noted above, each airline markets the flight under its own flight number.