Lobster off of premium menu in MDR?

Anyone tried this? It appears there is a $29 upcharge. Is it worth it? Less then 2 weeks to sail away for me. Appreciate any answers.

Carolyn

I believe it is a whole Maine Lobster instead of the warm water "tail" they serve on formal night. Ive read pretty good comments on it :) Probably not worth it to New England people that can buy fresh lobster for 3 bucks a pound :D but likely much better than the included tails they give you with the Fishermans Platter.

Anyone tried this? It appears there is a $29 upcharge. Is it worth it? Less then 2 weeks to sail away for me. Appreciate any answers.

Carolyn

I've had it twice. I found it very good--it is a whole lobster, split. More than enough for one person--I actually shared mine both times with DD. Is it worth $29???? Not sure, but nothing else appealed to me at dinner that night. ;)

Here's a photo...

null_zpscbe2ef0b.jpg

I believe it is a whole Maine Lobster instead of the warm water "tail" they serve on formal night. Ive read pretty good comments on it :) Probably not worth it to New England people that can buy fresh lobster for 3 bucks a pound :D but likely much better than the included tails they give you with the Fishermans Platter.

If it is the cold water lobster, then it is worth it.

If its the warm water "Tail", then its to be avoided.

New England people are fortunate to have your fantastic shellfish .

Yum Yum Yum

What the H*LL did they do to that "lobster"? The only way to eat lobster is steamed with drawn butter. As a youth I pulled many a "sea cocker roach" and believe that isn't a Maine lobster.......or one born with no claws...... You can go on-line today and get a whole clam bake with fresh lobster over -nighted to your home for not much more per person than the $29.00 / person. Good luck and I would at least think it is better than that dreadful "warm water" lobster they serve now.;)

What the H*LL did they do to that "lobster"? The only way to eat lobster is steamed with drawn butter. As a youth I pulled many a "sea cocker roach" and believe that isn't a Maine lobster.......or one born with no claws...... You can go on-line today and get a whole clam bake with fresh lobster over -nighted to your home for not much more per person than the $29.00 / person. Good luck and I would at least think it is better than that dreadful "warm water" lobster they serve now.;)

Yeah...I was thinking of splurging to get the lobster on my upcoming cruise, but that picture has made me decide otherwise.

My wife ordered the Maine lobster off of the chops menu back in December.

It was huge, split and had the claws. She said it was very good. I thought it was the same as the mdr one but now I don't know after looking at the post 3 pic above

Edited by setsail

I've had it twice. I found it very good--it is a whole lobster, split. More than enough for one person--I actually shared mine both times with DD. Is it worth $29???? Not sure, but nothing else appealed to me at dinner that night. ;)

Here's a photo...

null_zpscbe2ef0b.jpg

Umm that lobster looks a hundred years old with something nasty on it lol. Would put me off my dinner if someone at the table was eating that :D:D:D

Look like something from the film Aliens!

Edited by Tark

On EN in January the tails were cold water tails not Caribbean Lobster.

As a Native Bostonian that spent his summers in Nova Scotia, the lobster in that picture looks DISGUSTING and I would beg each and every one of you to NOT pay $29 for it!!!!!!

The second picture is a Lobster, but not worth the price.

Edited by MACruisers

I am hoping that the lobster pic from the MDR is not the one people normally get when paying the premium for lobster. I hate lobster (I am a horrible Maritimer), but I have seen enough of them to know that is not what one should like. I just showed it to DH, who LOVES lobster, and he said he would not ever pay ANYTHING extra if that is what they are serving.

Sorry about the negative responses. I really appreciate your answer and the pic. I will decide about the lobster once I am aboard, maybe some evening when nothing appeals. I asked your opinion and you said in your opinion it was good. I got what I asked for. Thanks for responding.

Carolyn

While we were on our Panama Canal cruise, my husband purchased the Premium Lobster. It was small & chewy. The lobster that was served off the regular menu the last formal night actually looked bigger & better.:rolleyes: Glad we used OBC for it!!!

Barbara

Don't worry, when i take over the country and it becomes Jedi-Stan, that's exactly what I'm going to do. It will only be permitted steamed, with butter.

You can be Secretary of Lobster Consumption if you like.