Any Word out about Victory Drydock for March?

zumbaqueen1

John Heald posted the "upgrades" on facebook..... new gym, new bathrooms in all state rooms, new carpet, alchemy bar, new sports bar, and towel animal theater (I had to google that one, but it's real). That's it, no guys, no blue iguana or red frog. Needless to say, I'm disappointed.

John Heald posted the "upgrades" on facebook..... new gym, new bathrooms in all state rooms, new carpet, alchemy bar, new sports bar, and towel animal theater (I had to google that one, but it's real). That's it, no guys, no blue iguana or red frog. Needless to say, I'm disappointed.

This is really disappointing :(. We sail on her May 16th and we were hoping to check out the blue iguana and guys for the first time.

What exactly is a towel animal theatre anyway!

Edited by CruizinMama1026

That's pretty ambitious for a 14 day shipyard. 1300+ bathroom units is nearly 100 per day. Shoveling them up and down the passageways to get them out will beat up the carpet, so that will likely follow each deck of baths. Going to be a lot of money, and a lot of pressure to get just that done in time.

Wow, that is disappointing!! I'm cruising on her in September. I was so looking forward to a Guy's Burger and the Blue Iguana Catina that I keep hearing about. Oh well, I guess that's one more reason, to book a cruise on one of the ships that has all of the 2.0 upgrades.

I saw this on travel.forumsee.com - I wonder if this is actually true:

Repositionings in 2015 and the debut of Fun Ship 3.0

Carnival Cruise Lines - boards.cruisecritic.com

Just heard the news from my PVP!!

Carnival Victory will be the first ship to receive Fun Ship 3.0 upgrades when she goes to dry dock in March. Among those upgrades, she will get Guy's, Blue Iguana, JiJi, Steakhouse, Cucina, Bonsai, Thrill Theater, redesigned promenade deck and new stateroom decor, new shows that won't be Playlist, two new staterooms, the upper level of the theater and the aft Lido pool will be transformed into new areas, new hybrid WiFi with faster speeds, Even More HD movies under the stars, American Table and more that will be announced soon with 3.0!

Carnival Fantasy will reposition to Miami and the Victory will be coming to Charleston! Victory will be in dry dock on 3/21/15 and will get to Charleston on 4/04/15. There will be a media event on April 5 followed by a 2 night media cruise to nowhere. Carnival Victory and Carnival Fantasy will swap itineraries beginning on April 4 and April 7. Carnival Victory will take over the cruises currently scheduled beginning April 7. The April 2 Carnival Fantasy cruise will be cancelled and the ship will reposition to Miami without passengers and resume the scheduled 5 day cruise on April 4. Customers already booked on any sailing beginning April 2 and April 4 will automatically be rolled over to the new ships. This is a move to increase capacity and variety in Charleston.

[/color][/color]

I saw this on travel.forumsee.com - I wonder if this is actually true:

Repositionings in 2015 and the debut of Fun Ship 3.0

Carnival Cruise Lines - boards.cruisecritic.com

Just heard the news from my PVP!!

Carnival Victory will be the first ship to receive Fun Ship 3.0 upgrades when she goes to dry dock in March. Among those upgrades, she will get Guy's, Blue Iguana, JiJi, Steakhouse, Cucina, Bonsai, Thrill Theater, redesigned promenade deck and new stateroom decor, new shows that won't be Playlist, two new staterooms, the upper level of the theater and the aft Lido pool will be transformed into new areas, new hybrid WiFi with faster speeds, Even More HD movies under the stars, American Table and more that will be announced soon with 3.0!

Carnival Fantasy will reposition to Miami and the Victory will be coming to Charleston! Victory will be in dry dock on 3/21/15 and will get to Charleston on 4/04/15. There will be a media event on April 5 followed by a 2 night media cruise to nowhere. Carnival Victory and Carnival Fantasy will swap itineraries beginning on April 4 and April 7. Carnival Victory will take over the cruises currently scheduled beginning April 7. The April 2 Carnival Fantasy cruise will be cancelled and the ship will reposition to Miami without passengers and resume the scheduled 5 day cruise on April 4. Customers already booked on any sailing beginning April 2 and April 4 will automatically be rolled over to the new ships. This is a move to increase capacity and variety in Charleston.

[/color][/color]

Seriously! I'm booked on a May 16th cruise on the Victory. What if i really wanted to stay with the Victory?

Seriously! I'm booked on a May 16th cruise on the Victory. What if i really wanted to stay with the Victory?

I know right?? I am booked on Victory April 9-13 - I booked one of the premium vista balcony rooms - if what they are saying is true - Fantasy doesn't even have balcony rooms on her ship - so how are they going to work that one out???

I know right?? I am booked on Victory April 9-13 - I booked one of the premium vista balcony rooms - if what they are saying is true - Fantasy doesn't even have balcony rooms on her ship - so how are they going to work that one out???

I emailed my PVP right away and she's looking into it. Do we know who the PVP was that said this?

I sure hope the Victory doesn't leave Miami. My wife and I just sailed on her the end of Jan. and had the best time. We really liked the ship but our only other cruises were on the Inspiration and the Paradise. I was really looking forward to cruising on it again.

I heard back from my PVP. This is what she had to say:

" I have not heard that at all!! Who is the PVP? To be honest with you, I don't think this information could be true. It just doesn't make sense to make all those changes this late in the game. I have seen ships change but, we do it with more than 6 months notice. I would be very surprised if this is correct information."

I saw the post and it was made back in November. I'm sure if this were true I would hope people who are currently booked on the Victory would have been given notice by now. Plus my room category isn't even on the Fantasy :confused:

I heard back from my PVP. This is what she had to say:

" I have not heard that at all!! Who is the PVP? To be honest with you, I don't think this information could be true. It just doesn't make sense to make all those changes this late in the game. I have seen ships change but, we do it with more than 6 months notice. I would be very surprised if this is correct information."

I saw the post and it was made back in November. I'm sure if this were true I would hope people who are currently booked on the Victory would have been given notice by now. Plus my room category isn't even on the Fantasy :confused:

Neither is mine!!! This is my first cruise EVER & I have been doing a lot of research regarding the Victory & I was looking forward to sailing on it. I would hate for my first cruise to be totally screwed up like that!!!

This information can not be true. On so many levels.

I have never officially heard of 3.0 upgrades and the Victory is in drydock for only 2 weeks. No way they can add all those upgrades in 14 days.

PLUS any time Carnival swaps ships it is often about a year in advance in order to accommodate all booked guests.

I have never officially heard of 3.0 upgrades and the Victory is in drydock for only 2 weeks. No way they can add all those upgrades in 14 days.

PLUS any time Carnival swaps ships it is often about a year in advance in order to accommodate all booked guests.

I will agree with half of what you said... That list of 3.0 upgrades is very extensive and reminds me a bit of when they changed the Destiny to the Sunshine- they originally allotted 7 weeks for that and eventually had to extend it to 10 weeks (I think??) because they weren't finished in time. I don't think it would be possible to make all of those 3.0 upgrades on the Victory in just 2 weeks.

As for giving 1 year notice of swapping ships... I am on the last sailing of the Valor from the current Southern Caribbean itinerary out of Puerto Rico. The following week, she swaps with the Liberty. I booked my cruise at the very end of June, and I am fairly sure the announcement about swapping with the Liberty didn't happen until August or September, so about 6 months before the change would take place. There were a lot of very unhappy people who had already booked the Liberty and were only a few months from their cruise when they learned they would be switched to the Valor. So in that respect, they don't always give a year notice, but I would think that if people sailing on the Victory in 2 months haven't heard of any changes yet, then it is highly unlikely that there would be a change in ships so late in the game.

I sailed on the Victory back in 2012 and she needed some upgrades back then, so by now I'm sure she needs it even more. I look forward to hearing from everyone when they return from their cruises post-drydock to see what work was actually done! :)

Isa65, can you email me? I am at Karen dot e dot bible at gmail. I have a question for you. Thanks

If this would happen, do they try and accommodate you on the ship they are switching with? I have 2 balcony cabins booked and since there are none on Fantasy...wouldn't be too happy about that. Luckily we don't have airfare invested yet, so could switch cruises.

If it is to happen will it be in John Heald's announcements tomorrow???

When did John post this? I never saw that post. If this is true it is s big disappointment not getting additional food options like Guy's, Blue Iguana, or Bonsai.

When did John post this? I never saw that post. If this is true it is s big disappointment not getting additional food options like Guy's, Blue Iguana, or Bonsai.

It was in response to a question a few days ago. I saw it too. We are booked for May 11 on the Victory. :D