New Concerns About Quality

drfun48

I strolled by the Art Studio on the Reflection just now and saw that the craft project was melting down the leftover slivers of soap from the prior cruise and pouring the liquid soap into molds to make "new" bars. I was surprised at the allowance of an open flame during this process but was advised it was ok because the art instructor was Australian and this is not a transatlantic voyage.

I also observed a group of passengers sitting in the Ocean Cafe working on putting new labels on a huge pile of the new soap bars. When I asked them why they, as passengers, were doing this, they replied they were offered a cabin upgrade or extra jimmies on their ice cream if they volunteered to do this.....most were opting for the jimmies. I was jealous and wished Celebrity had announced this in last night's Celebrity Today

I strolled by the Art Studio on the Reflection just now and saw that the craft project was melting down the leftover slivers of soap from the prior cruise and pouring the liquid soap into molds to make "new" bars. I was surprised at the allowance of an open flame during this process but was advised it was ok because the art instructor was Australian and this is not a transatlantic voyage.

I also observed a group of passengers sitting in the Ocean Cafe working on putting new labels on a huge pile of the new soap bars. When I asked them why they, as passengers, were doing this, they replied they were offered a cabin upgrade or extra jimmies on their ice cream if they volunteered to do this.....most were opting for the jimmies. I was jealous and wished Celebrity had announced this in last night's Celebrity Today

Sprinkles, not jimmies!!!!! You "sprinkle " them on the ice cream, not jimmy them on!:eek::eek:

Thank you, Rich.....I was going to flame, but you did it for me! Speaking of flame, I thought that the fires could only be manned by Russians and were ONLY allowed on the Transatlantics....when will these "Modern Luxury" changes end? For the love of PETE!

. It turns out that in the 1930s the Just Born candy company (the same folks that bring us Peeps) were cranking out boatloads of sprinkles. The guy who operated the sprinkle-making machine was named Jimmy. People started calling them “Jimmies” and the name stuck. I’m still not sure how it became a regional thing but whatever. It’s a good story.:D

Michaels Club was NOT named for Michael Bayley. It was called that long before he came to X.
You are so right.

Obviously it was named for my son Michael, since they had the sign saying Michael's Club in place to welcome him when he boarded for his first Celebrity cruise.

That was long before we ever heard of Michael Bayley. ;)

You are so right.

Obviously it was named for my son Michael, since they had the sign saying Michael's Club in place to welcome him when he boarded for his first Celebrity cruise.

That was long before we ever heard of Michael Bayley. ;)

FINALLY!!!! Somone who knows the real origin of why its called Michaels?

And you sprinkle sprinkles on your ice cream. Unless your talking about the Jimmy Fund? :confused:I think that might account for the confusion.

I've heard they're converting Michael's Club into a clothing optional facility similar to Deck 14 of the old Celebrity Mercury.

(See Attached Pic)

And please no wise cracks about the sign on the right. ;)

Many may laugh at this post, but Connie is currently sailing her annual Big Nude Boat Cruise (Feb 12-21). True story.

So all decks are topless, and well, bottomless too. :D

Not a bad itinerary, and a longer one too.

• Thu, Feb 12 Ft. Lauderdale
  • Fri, Feb 13 CocoCay, Bahamas
  • Sat, Feb 14 At Sea
  • Sun, Feb 15 At Sea
  • Mon, Feb 16 Gustavia, St. Barts
  • Tue, Feb 17 Pointe A Pitre, Guadeloupe
  • Wed, Feb 18 Philipsburg, St. Maarten
  • Thu, Feb 19 At Sea
  • Fri, Feb 20 At Sea
  • Sat, Feb 21 Ft. Lauderdale

Many may laugh at this post, but Connie is currently sailing her annual Big Nude Boat Cruise (Feb 12-21). True story.

I know, I'm on the Connie immediately following the 2/2016 cruise. Someone from our roll call accidentally posted on that one first. Boy was she surprised when she found out.

I just hope they do a very thorough cleaning after that cruise. :eek:

BTW they're cruising 2/6=2/16/16

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Are men required to wear a black Speedo on formal night? :eek::eek::eek:

Edited by Rob the Cruiser

Perhaps they could auction off the soap bars as they do the glass pieces created on S-Ships. Or could they be moulded into interesting figures?

Melissa

• Thu, Feb 12 Ft. Lauderdale
  • Fri, Feb 13 CocoCay, Bahamas
  • Sat, Feb 14 At Sea
  • Sun, Feb 15 At Sea
  • Mon, Feb 16 Gustavia, St. Barts
  • Tue, Feb 17 Pointe A Pitre, Guadeloupe
  • Wed, Feb 18 Philipsburg, St. Maarten
  • Thu, Feb 19 At Sea
  • Fri, Feb 20 At Sea
  • Sat, Feb 21 Ft. Lauderdale

Is it clothing optional in the ports too? That could get kinda ugly. :eek:

Is it clothing optional in the ports too? That could get kinda ugly. :eek:

No it's on the ship only. However I went to the sponsor website and I've got to say, their pictures show a lot much better looking crowd than I've ever seen in naturalist pixxxs. ;)

I was considering leaving my DW home and booking just myself! :D

I wonder what happens when somebody yells "bottoms up" at the bar during this cruise?

Sprinkles, not jimmies!!!!! You "sprinkle " them on the ice cream, not jimmy them on!......

And I still say they're sprinkles, not jimmies.

They're Sprinkles on Celebrity Cruises and Jimmies on Disney Cruises after the kids double dip their melting ice cream cone into the dish. Then you have to Jimmie them apart to get yours. :p

I wonder what happens when somebody yells "bottoms up" at the bar during this cruise?

Cheeky!!!!!

Edited by ChucktownSteve

• 1 month later...
Are you sure they're m&m's and not smarties?! You never know, we Canadians may try to pass off some of our 'exotic' treats....:D:D:D:D

I certainly hope not! I don't cruise to strange, new places only to eat the candy I can get at home. :D